The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BIG Install issue

alithium8
alithium8
Soul Shriven
Hello you all! :)

So here's my problem: I recently downloaded ESO (Gold edition with CDs) on my new laptop (Rog Strix GL753 if it can help), which uses a 1TB (D:) drive and 128GB SSD (C:). When I installed the game, I set the location to the D drive (keeping the SSD for windows utilities), without any premade folders or anything. Now, the game can't remember any settings, like my username and password, it makes me go through the whole '' accept terms and conditions'' thing every single time I launch the game, and any addons that I installed don't work or save any settings either. I've check the ''load outdated addons'', which keeps unchecking itself every time I reload my UI, and no addon accepts the ''account wide settings'', it just makes everything crash and settings back to default.

I have no freaking idea what I may have done wrong when installing ESO. Trying the repair option made nothing better.
I have a desktop computer with the same ESO on it but installed on the pre-set (C:) drive and everything works just fine, addons also.

Please help me out, I've spent the last 5 hours on this >.<
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe your game files are marked as read only, change it, also try to run game with admin privileges or check the security settings.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options