The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Class do you think makes for the best for any role?

Clarebear
Clarebear
✭✭
So far I am thinking Sorcerer or Templar...
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class can fill every role. There is no "best" at anything/everything.
    ----
    Murray?
  • ThatHappyCat
    ThatHappyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class fulfills every role in a slightly different way. Thus which you prefer is mostly down to preference.

Take the healer role for instance. Templars make for strong burst healers. Sorcerer are unmatched when it comes to sustained healing. Nightblades are siphoning healers that heal and do damage at the same time. Dragon Knights are support healers with a plethora of group buffs and AoE CCs.

Which you think is best is very much up to you.
    Edited by ThatHappyCat on April 3, 2014 3:29AM
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    I think a better question might be...

Which racial passives play in to a particular role the best?

Because like others have said, all classes can pretty much fill all roles in a different way
  • Clarebear
    Clarebear
    ✭✭
    That might really be what I should of asked instead....
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    In THAT case...

Check this out
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Racial+Skills#.UzzZAvnxq-0

While I might think magicka regen is important for a healer role, you might think stamina is most important. Nothing wrong with that, just different play styles. You're gonna pay your 15 bucks a month to play however you damn well please, thus, I suggest looking at those passives and picking what fits YOUR play style rather than following what everyone else is doing

Hope that helps!