The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Harborage" quest - are you supposed to track down the Prophet on your own now?

AngryNord
AngryNord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With the old, 'proper' start, the Prophet would guide you to the Harborage after the first quest on the starter island, IIRC. How is it working now, with the Harborage just outside your starting city, are you supposed to just track him down on your own?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is messed up i think if you don't go to the noob islands first. Of course i went to Stros mkai straight away. I liked it there. After i finished it i did Benthik. When i finished up there i went to Daggerfall again, and near the stables there is a questgiver. The prophet spawned there and told me to find him in Harborage. Normally he would appear on the noob island Stros Mkai, and tell you to find him there but better late then never :)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • KJ_Crow
    KJ_Crow
    Soul Shriven
    If you look at your compass bar at the top, the Harborage actually shows up on there before you speak to the Prophet.
    Also, the 'Quest Giver' he appears next to is actually the final NPC in the Bethnik chain, so really, him appearing on the islands is not going to make you finish them any faster.
  • CaptainTrips
    CaptainTrips
    ✭✭
    He appears when you hit level 10 and tells you to meet him at the Harborage. I think the idea is that you dive into the other quests and he simply pops up to steer you into the main game quest line.
    Edited by CaptainTrips on April 3, 2014 6:24AM
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He appears when you hit level 10 and tells you to meet him at the Harborage. I think the idea is that you dive into the other quests and he simply pops up to steer you into the main game quest line.

There's supposed to be a quest before that though?? Where he tells you to go to the harborage, and then presents you with the story behind Lyris Titanborn, Sai Sahan, Mannimarco et al?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KJ_Crow wrote: »
    If you look at your compass bar at the top, the Harborage actually shows up on there before you speak to the Prophet.
    Also, the 'Quest Giver' he appears next to is actually the final NPC in the Bethnik chain, so really, him appearing on the islands is not going to make you finish them any faster.

I gave you an agree. I didn't know what triggered the old man to appear. In the beta he appeared on Stros for me. But he appeared now when i completed benthic and i was lvl 8 (so it's not on lvl 10 he appears).

@AnryNord, i think he will pop up eventually for you :)
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KJ_Crow wrote: »
    You can't actually get into the Harborage if you try to go there straight away though I think? He also hasn't turned up for me yet, so I'm thinking that maybe he just doesn't appear on Stros and Betnikh any more and will do when I get back to Daggerfall.
    It would be really useful if someone in-the-know would post the exact criteria (level, location, quest progress etc) required for this quest to start...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He appeared for me on Bleakthorn Isle, at least...
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be good if someone @ZOS would just pop along with the required conditions for the Prophet's appearance. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ sorry you're the first one I thought of :) He pops up somehow every time a new main quest comes along, so if we're going for the main quest it would be good to know where to go and when to go there. That way we might at least know whether our main quest is likely to work eventually or is actually broken.
    It seems to be a change over beta where he would seemingly appear almost immediately in any area as soon as you hit Lvl 3.
    Edited by Enodoc on April 3, 2014 2:35PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its lvl based. Just keep playing and he will appear to you.
  • chibbity
    chibbity
    Soul Shriven
    I think I missed it im level 19 and I haven't done them. Where can I find him? auridon?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @chibbity If you go into a zone's capital city (Daggerfall, Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch, Wayrest, Elden Root, Mournhold, etc) the Prophet should appear as soon as you arrive. Even if he's invisible due to the Invisible NPCs bug, the quest should still be added to your journal under "Main Story".
  • steejans91
    steejans91
    Soul Shriven
    Pang wrote: »

it really isn't i have a lvl 50 char who never found the start of that quest.
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    You get a quest in the major cities from a hooded woman to talk to her benefactor; this begins the quest line. Don’t want to say much else in case newbies are reading ‘cause spoilers
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    steejans91 wrote: »
    Pang wrote: »

it really isn't i have a lvl 50 char who never found the start of that quest.

Look at the date. April 2014. You necroed.