Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite Loading Screens & Random Kicks to Log In

Vandus
Vandus
✭✭
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I'm on PC-NA and it's getting ridiculous. I do not play on Steam. I am just questing/farming and not in Cyrodiil.

Every time I try to log into the game the first character I try to load in on, no matter which it is, spends up to 35 minutes on the "Requesting Character Load" and never loads in. I let it run this while I made myself breakfast and coffee and then proceeded to enjoy the meal and cleaned the kitchen (which was about 35 minutes) and it was still on this load screen when I finally shut it off and rebooted ESO. It takes upwards of three-ish minutes for a character to load in, even with Addons turned off and also when switching characters, if it simply doesn't go back to the request mode for infinity.

This has been an ongoing issue since the last patch. Not to mention the game simply going to a non-responsive state and within 30 seconds dropping off to the log in screen every couple of hours.

I know I'm not the only one dealing with this, is there going to be a fix for this or is this now just the state of the game?
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont have issues that extreme, but loading screens have become far longer since the Summerset update...at least the first few times I travel somewhere after logging in, then it seems to drop to a normal-ish time. No clue what this issue would be caused by.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I find my overall cynicism growing with the ever-increasing level of instability. You'd think after being in production for several years they would have these issues resolved.
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being kicked to the login screen has been frequent on PC/EU since Summerset launched, too.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    Infinite Screens have always been there but random kicking to log in is new since Summerset. I have that from time to time as well.
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all,

We are tracking and working on a few issues that could result in performance issues such as long load screens, disconnects/crashes, or poor frame rate. In next week's incremental patches for all platforms, we do have some fixes and improvements that should help.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

We are tracking and working on a few issues that could result in performance issues such as long load screens, disconnects/crashes, or poor frame rate. In next week's incremental patches for all platforms, we do have some fixes and improvements that should help.

thank you so much jessica
  • Vandus
    Vandus
    ✭✭
    Hey all,

Thank you for the response, looking forward to the patch. Have a great day.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all,

Thanks at least Zos noticed us.. thanks for the update.
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 15, 2018 1:42AM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom cool, now any news about the servers?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/419153/zos-we-need-a-statement-about-servers#latest

I have no issues with frame rates and loading screens with my upgraded rig. I do occasionally get a loading screen in random spots, but they aren't long. Please look at the forum post, or escalate it because its an issue now..
    Edited by Casterial on June 15, 2018 1:44AM
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that, with the psijic shield passive, if I hold it up and spam block fast enough that the shield does not go down, I usually get kicked to the login screen.

I probably should just stop doing that.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Thanks for the reply. I am typing this because I haven't been able to log into NA/PC server for the last 15 mins.

Morrowind improved things mightily in terms of infinite load screens, landscape load screens and huge ping spikes to 1000 plus in large fights and trials. All these came back with Summerset and have got steadily worse.eg, Hel Ra Citadel is kicking players again every time I have gone in. Not to mention the boss not spawning perhaps because of these kicks.

I hope this investigation also includes Cyrodil. In the last week, we have had disconnects from players all over the world repeatedly at the same time and then the 'unable to log in, check your internet' bug. This is in addition to skills going on cd but not firing, the bar swap bug and all the other hassles we live with every day if we PvP at all. There are some keeps and outposts we simply cannot play at because half the team will disconnect and not be able to load back into the area we were in.

May I suggest that the more players who run the new proc sets and the new psijic skills, the worse performance in PvE and PvP has become. 'Time stop' alone must be undoing all the good that the fixes to CP calculatios and the other fixes achieved.

On a positive note, my fps stays nice and stable even while other players are frozen but i can move, during most of the stuttering and hitching, and immediately prior the inevitable disconnects.

[And before the PvP haters say 'you are a minority' I will point out that we PvPers we pay for the game and the DLC too. ESO has a great PvP combat system under all the cr@ppy performance issues and would be nice to enjoy it as much as I enjoy the PvE endgame. Like many others, I chose this game because it had both PvP and PvE from the start, and because endgame seemed to be treated with some love by the game owners...unlike LOTRO where the previous CM ran an active campaign against raiders and PvPers. However, while I am looking forward to doing new endgame PvE group content and paying for it, I don't see my sub paying for much in the PvP performance area. ]
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d say thank you for the response but honestly, it never gets any better. Responding is just the basic courtesy to your customers, you gotta actually provide a working PvP environment if you want to profit from us.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vandus wrote: »
    Every time I try to log into the game the first character I try to load in on, no matter which it is, spends up to 35 minutes on the "Requesting Character Load" and never loads in.

When you log in, the game start loading up multiple things, and if not all successfully loaded within 5 minutes, it will go back to the beginning and start loading all again, at which point the game client gets permanently stuck in this state. (based on the log files probably some desync issue between the client and the server, as the client start waiting on stuff again what the server has already sent and most likely never going to send it again)

Bottom line: if it takes more than 5 minutes to get to the character list screen from login, you need to shut down and restart the game.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom maybe you should make a single thread like @ZOS_GinaBruno did for the long load screens instead of having us spread out on 10+ posts?
  • Vandus
    Vandus
    ✭✭
    Hey all,

This has now turned into having to fill out a crash report every 35 minutes on the dot this morning.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: My load screens into the game and when porting in Cyrodil are now 5 minutes or longer per screen. If I log out or shut down I have to wait as long to log back in, often get the 'invalid internet connection error' and of course have to re-queue. Spent 30 mins in the last hour of play in load screens. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been kicked to load screen 11 times in 7 hours. Probably my que to log off for today. This is beyond ridiculous. Why the hell do I pay a monthly sub? Trash servers are garbage.
    Edited by Jameliel on June 17, 2018 5:14AM
  • mooslacker
    mooslacker
    ✭✭
    Looks like they have implemented Sload procs into the netcode.. Those sloading screens and random disconnects..
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, this is a first just had an infinite load screen, just running around the world, not entering or leaving a zone. Of course I am in Wrothgar. Now loading back in just froze. Seems like when the music stops playing the load screen will be infinite. Not sure if music (theme) is an issue or it stops when there is an error. Either way, if you are loading in, and music stops, just save time and reset. Xbox/NA.