The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is this trolling?

ruikkarikun
ruikkarikun
✭✭✭✭✭
This game is great realy, But sometimes I feel frustrated like now.

Example.
Rewards for crystals from crown crates (legendary rewards - 100 crustals): mounts, skins, emotions, pets, motif, some other - I acept that. I's ok. You buy mount for 100 crystals, it will be yours etc.

BUT BUT BUT - exp scroll for 1 hour (150 %) costs 100 crystals too.

So 1 hour scroll = mount (forever)??????????

How? NO HOW? WHERE IS THE LOGIC???

Sorry for caps lock, also you can find another examples like this in crown store. But anyway I feel like this is korean mmo when I see thing like this.
Edited by ruikkarikun on June 13, 2018 4:38PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XP scrolls shouldn't be that much .
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You also can't stack crown XP scrolls in stacks more than 5, too. I think I've got like a dozen or so at this point and they're just taking up space. I don't know what to do with them and I don't want to erase them just in case they come out with a new class or give me any reason to want to use them.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    You also can't stack crown XP scrolls in stacks more than 5, too. I think I've got like a dozen or so at this point and they're just taking up space. I don't know what to do with them and I don't want to erase them just in case they come out with a new class or give me any reason to want to use them.
    I'm in this exact situation. I have 8 or 9 of them, though, and they're taking up two bank slots right now. All my characters are maxed, but I'd hate to delete them in case they come out with a new class and I want to start a new character, or just want to start a new character for fun.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the price on something is high (as it is in the case of the 150% xp scrolls in my opinion) then those are the sort of items you sell back for gems. You don't buy them for gems. Buy the equivalent items in game instead.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    In short- yes.

As Redspecter said, that would be a decent opportunity for cashing in for gems if you got one in a crate drop
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiers aren't necessarily equal in their value. Just equal in their likelihood to drop.

But as the Grand 150% XP scroll is comparable to the Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia crafted in-game, it really wasn't going to land on a tier under Legendary.
    signing off
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know what you mean... but i fell more frustrated about the fact, that if you get a mount from the crown crates which you already have, you just get 100 crystals, but if you want to buy it, it costs 400. (on the rare ones)
    Thats really ****.

You should get another mount instead of the same category, or get the full amount of crystals, so you can buy one yourself. They are rare enough, and if you have one, and get this one again you are a total looser of crates.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    i know what you mean... but i fell more frustrated about the fact, that if you get a mount from the crown crates which you already have, you just get 100 crystals, but if you want to buy it, it costs 400. (on the rare ones)
    Thats really ****.

You should get another mount instead of the same category, or get the full amount of crystals, so you can buy one yourself. They are rare enough, and if you have one, and get this one again you are a total looser of crates.

When the crates first appeared on the pts, there was no trading back consumables for gems. The non-consumable items would get gems for duplicates. For testing purposes, players got 5500 crowns every day to buy crates. 5500 crowns a day for at least 10 days added up to a lot of crates. Many, many, many posts about how ridiculous and pointless the *literally* hundreds of poisons/potions/food items were because no one ever used them since the players could craft better versions later, there was a reply that our concerns were noted and they'd do something, but pts wouldn't get to test it before the crates went live.

When the crates went live the "trade in consumables for gems" was in place. One third the value of the item in gems, potions/poisons/food per card, not per item. Duplicate costumes/hats/pets/mounts got gems. Then people began posting comments like "I didn't get the apex mount I really wanted, but I did get enough gems to buy it. Now I don't need to bother with the crates again until they have something I really like/want." So shortly "radiant apex" mounts appeared that can't be bought for gems. Notice the pattern? Originally there wasn't going to be any trade-in at all, but after the multitude of complaints on the pts they realized no one was going to buy the crates if they ended up with thousands of "consumables" and one or two nice items. So they went to the 1/3 value gems trade in. Then people still accumulated gems to buy items outright and stopped buying crates, so radiant apex happened. The whole purpose is to get people to buy more crates. Giving back gems to let people buy the specific item they want makes them not buy crates. Giving back more gems isn't going to happen.

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If these drop for me i see it as 33 crystals woot.
    tim99 wrote: »
    Thats really ****.

You should be able to scroll through and pick which one you want.. if the card drops,
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 17, 2018 12:07AM