The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Regular crafting at a halt....can't do some stuff....

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
My general crafter (other than jewelry) has topped out on all crafting types....but am having issues of not being able to craft some types of furniture..mostly wood.

Have spent most skill points in this area...yet can't seem to do some things...still have what I consider unimportant areas not skilled out...DO ALL SKILL POINTS NEED TO BE USED TO TOP OUT A SKILL?
I know nutting....
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you go to craft a furnishing, the requirements for crafting it are listed, so be sure you have all materials needed.

Also, I don't know if it lists the skill requirements in the crafting menu, but it does list them on the plan before you learn it. Many plans beyond green require more than one skill in order to craft something. It's possible that you have another craft skill that isn't at the required level. Further, if it's an Alinor plan, then Jewelry Crafting skill might also be required.

ETA: In order to craft furnishings, the only skills needed for each crafting line is the one that determines what level of material you can craft. So, a Woodworking blueprint might have WW 9, BS 4, and Enchanting 3. So, you should be sure that your crafter has all points allocated into that skill for each craft. If you have 10/10 in all crafting lines, then you should be able to craft any furnishing in the game, provided you have the appropriate materials.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 14, 2018 6:16PM
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at level 50 for all crafting types except jewelry. I regularly sell blue and sometimes purple furniture.

This issue started when I bought a purple furnishing plan and found that I couldn't craft it.

Since then.....I have collected at least 20 crafting patterns...some even white and green...that I supposedly can't craft.

I can't afford to waste skill points trying to fill out the few probably unecessary skills such as increasing lumberjack hireling levels.

I was able to craft ANY pattern I found untill I bought the purple one

. BIG PROBLEM! My game is BUGGED.
    Edited by erliesc on June 14, 2018 7:55PM
    I know nutting....
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you put skill points into the skill level for each craft. Being at 50 isn't good enough. You need skill levels for most of the blueprints.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Material Passives determine what you can craft, not crafting skill. You can be at L50 in all crafts and not.be able to make anything but white furniture plans until you invest points in the Material Passive.

Each recipe should tell the level of material passive you need in the tool tip. If not, then UESP has a list with all that info.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    After checking...for each recipe that I can't make...around 20...I have the necessary skill level covered.
    I know nutting....
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some wicked addon messing things up?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using "Furniture Catalog" addon? It adds a line "you can't craft this" at the end of the tooltip. It doesn't mean that you don't have the ability just that you don't have this recipe yet.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be specific, have you put 10 points in Metal Working under Blacksmith? 10 skill points into Tailoring under Clothing? 10 skill points into Woodworking under Wood? 10 skill points into Potency Improvement in Enchanting? 6 skill points into Recipe Improvement in Provisioning? 8 skill points into Solvent Proficiency in Alchemy?

As Nestor and others have tried to explain, simply leveling up the crafts is not enough. You must have invested skill points into the proper skill lines as well.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Have all those points in the various areas...will try shutting down all crafting add-ons.

I have the recipes...just a notice that I can't craft them yet.

*** Went ahead and clicked USE on the ones I hadn't already learned...they went through...back in BIDNUS. Pretty sure I tried to use them before though. One of the addons is causing trouble....?
    I know nutting....
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm having this same problem, I have all the levels and passives in crafting for one of the Alinor Recipes, but I can't use it to learn it because it says my level isn't high enough. @erliesc Did you figure out which addon might have interfered with your crafter?
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter? Just ignore the "warning" and go ahead.... The addon has to be manually updated....
    I know nutting....