The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Play" button in launcher doesn't do anything!

benturnbladb14_ESO
I loaded the new patch, and even tried repairing the game but nothing works. I click the "play" button in the launcher and my cursor turns to the loading symbol but after a few seconds the cursor goes away and nothing has loaded. While the cursor shows that something is loading i cannot click "play" but once its done loading nothing the button turns blue and i can click it again. Help please? I waited forever for this thing to come back online and now it doesnt even work!
  • ZOS_RobertM
    ZOS_RobertM
    ✭✭
    Hey,

Have you ensured that you are running the game as an Administrator?

You can do this by right clicking the launcher and selecting "Run as Administrator"
    Staff Post
  • benturnbladb14_ESO
    Allright for some reason when I disabled my Webroot Secure Anywhere anti virus software i was able to launch the game. Not sure why this was needed since ive had no problems in the past. Hope this helps someone else.
  • benturnbladb14_ESO
    Next time I start my game I will re enable my anti virus and see if your route works! Im too scared to shut my game down and retry out of fear of jynxing myself lol! thanks for the speedy response :)
  • txnightwalker
    Mine also only works if I turn off Webroot. Running as admin didn't work. I'm not comfortable having to play without my virus scan on, hope this gets fixed ASAP

Update: I went in & changed the user settings file @RequestedNumThreads from -1 to 0, as advised in another post. then Turned off Realtime Shield in Webroot but left Firewall & Web Shield on. Cinematic played & after some time the game finally loaded to where I can make a character.
    Edited by txnightwalker on April 3, 2014 2:20AM