The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Champions points buggy ?

Jcreeg
Jcreeg
✭✭
Hello to all having heard certain rumor on points champions, I have make my test and apparently when we put 51 pts champions in precise strike for example, the bonus of the 19 % is not counted it's necessary to put the second point and to pass in 52 (For the blue tree ) .
I made my test with a taunt:
51 cp (19 %) = 8668 of the damages
52 cp (19.07 %) = 8720 of the damages

Conclusion champions points buggy or new jump point?
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is due to game rounding. Let's say 51 cp is not 19% but 18.999%, but game rounding gives 19%.

Very nasty bug for those who do not know about it.
    Everything is viable
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    Ladislao wrote: »
    This is due to game rounding. Let's say 51 cp is not 19% but 18.999%, but game rounding gives 19%.

Very nasty bug for those who do not know about it.
    ^This is the right answer. I believe there are a few like this. Other people have done the math, my rule is that if the percentage is described in a whole number, put one more point into it.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With percentages, only the whole number is considered. If you're at 14.06% and put some points in to make it 14.70% it'll still count as only 14% for game calculations. You have to take it up to the next whole percentage point. This has been an issue for a while. For abilities that are a straight number (penetration, for example) this does not come into play.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones that show 19% are the only ones that have this issue. Reason is they are really like 18.99% or something and the UI rounds them up for display. I think there are 3 or so stars for each Attribute that this is an issue with.

Good rule of thumb is to make sure you are always a bit over the whole number value, not equal to it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"