The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Doshira

h970870
h970870
She/he is a really annoying boss you have to really focus with, and your not allowed to have any friends. You must solo it and defeat it while it's healing itself.
I highly recommend using 3rd person to be able to hit the orbs, when it picks you up it drains your health and puts it in orb. They will fly to it and heal it you must destroy them before they get to it because the heal a lot of it's health! When the orbs come out that's when the 3rd person comes in handy you have to attack the closet to the furthest so The orbs don't heal it. While attacking try to run in circles and remain behind it!

That's my guide for killing this boss, I have died 17 times doing it then I made a strategy (this one) and it worked so I wanted to share it with you guys! Thanks, and enjoy!
  • Valwardon
    Valwardon
    ✭✭
    I have died Zero times but have been fighting her for about 1 hour and thirty minutes. I made the mistake of only having one weapon set and it was a resto staff and full healing skills built up. I do not do enough damage and it is really hard to target the orbs. Positive note she does not do enough damage to kill me. A quick restrore on me and bam I am back to good. So me and this mob is a draw.

This is one boss fight is single handedly the worst fight design of any MMO I have ever played. Seriously too much going on and no consideration to healing specs/classes where taken into the design of the fight.

When I do manage to get all the orbs I get thrown in the air again and more orbs summoned soon as I kill the orbs. Who though this fight was a great idea? A fight should not be so hard it can not be completed if it is only meant for one person to do it. I understand challenging but this is ridiculous. A few times I still had two or three orbs left before it summoned more. This is madness.
    Edited by Valwardon on March 31, 2014 1:35PM
  • gunplummer
    gunplummer
    ✭✭✭
    This is the "pushing a rock up hill quest" Even @ Level 10 it's a stalemate. I realize it's the 1st, but come on really!?! I'll try the walkthrough and see what happens.
  • mb.luce_ESO
    mb.luce_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Killed her at L10 on my sorcerer in about 30s using Wall of Fire on healing orbs and Storm Atronoch ultimate on her.
  • Hellsaint
    Hellsaint
    ✭✭✭
    Got it first shot, as long as you use ranged attacks you can take out the orbs quickly and then just attack the boss until the orbs are back, simples. After dealing with the bosses of Dark Souls, no other boss can ever be frustrating : P
    "Nords are so serious about beards. So many beards. M'aiq thinks they wish they had glorious manes like Khajiit."
  • Judge_Mental_One
    1 shotted this boss both times i fought her, first time was in beta lvl 12 dk medium armour archer. She didn't even transform into the 2nd form because she was too busy laying on the ground, Silver bolts FTW.

2nd time was here in early access, same type of character but this time I was only lvl 9, and had spent a few skills on crafting. I didn't have much in the way of bow skills on my bar, and none of what i did have were morphs AND i did not have silver bolts.

I still did not find the fight particularly challenging at all and assumed she must have been nerfed hard. Kill the orbs (a few did get through, it was my first go at her with the orbs thing after all), go back to hitting her, knock her down ocaisionally with stone fist.

I can see that maybe as melee this fight could be hard, but anyone should be able to do it easily by equipping a decent bow (just for the light and hvy attacks at range) and using class skills. If you don't have a stun of your own spend a skill point on silver bolts.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's not hard - just insanely annoying
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked this boss it made me have to think.
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    as a templar i got knockdown skills very early on. Mades this pretty easy.
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valwardon wrote: »

This is one boss fight is single handedly the worst fight design of any MMO I have ever played. Seriously too much going on and no consideration to healing specs/classes where taken into the design of the fight.

I totally disagree. Doshira is the best fight in the game up to that point, I wish there were many more fights like this in the game.

It is one of the few times up to that point where I actually had to think and strategize about how to beat it. It is still nowhere near as difficult as many bosses in single-player rpgs or even BAMS in Tera, but it is definitely a step in the right direction.

Doshira is a vastly more interesting fight than Gutripper, who seems to have gotten quite a bit weaker since beta.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doshia also seems to have been nerfed in beta. I died numerous times a couple months ago to her. Or maybe it was a DPS problem and me learning to kill the orbs. I think in beta I came back at 20 to finish it.

I had no problem on my Nightblade at level 9 this time.

I also think it was easier to target the orbs with my quick dual weapons vice using a staff, which seems to have some delay in firing and is slow.

In the EP quest line at least, you will see more of this creature type later and they will hit hard. Slotting an interrupt, and AoE if you use only staffs will help.
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think I even saw healing orbs I just wasted her in 10 secs.
  • ninjajucerb14_ESO
    Hellsaint wrote: »
    Got it first shot, as long as you use ranged attacks you can take out the orbs quickly and then just attack the boss until the orbs are back, simples. After dealing with the bosses of Dark Souls, no other boss can ever be frustrating : P

Totally agree on this. Dark Souls 1 & 2 bosses are among the hardest to defeat. Every other game just has a mediocre idea of what to do when starting the fight, prime example is the Chariot Executioner from Dark Souls 2.
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    I personally died once due to being out of position. But after that it was more annoying than hard.

I personally find that using a bow is one of the best way to efficiently take her down. Because once you have scatter shot, you can stun her for a sec or two allowing you to take out most if not all the orbs, which also heals you and continue on fighting.

Essentially the best way to beat her is to stun at the right moments to make sure she doesn't heal.
  • Tarkus
    Tarkus
    There is an Aetherian well near the lair, so one can boost HP before final battle.
  • stuntie
    stuntie
    The problem is that you need an aoe dps build else you have diffficultly getting it done. If you are a tank or don't have aoe it's a tedious fight indeed.
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    Did it as templar healer, no dmg skills, perhaps soul trap, don't remember, was realy easy, i was lvl 10 if I remember right...
    Remeber: Keep kiting, keep killing, I ignored the orbs and was constantly at a high range, don't let her hit you with her wave attack, used my mana to heal myself...
    Buffood will help, quickslot items will help, and i think not beeing a meele will help too xD
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    stuntie wrote: »
    The problem is that you need an aoe dps build else you have diffficultly getting it done. If you are a tank or don't have aoe it's a tedious fight indeed.
    As a lvl 9 clothie templar with a resto staff, i refute your "aoe dps build"

The boss isn't that hard. Hit her, kill the adds, hit her some more.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • ladywillow15
    ladywillow15
    ✭✭
    I was a level 10 templar healer in light armor. I killed her first go. Just beat the crap out of her, when the orbs come out, destroy them. If you're having trouble hitting the orbs, use TAB to target them.

Took me maybe five minutes.
    "May you walk on warm sands."
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very clear problem I have had with Doshia is that the dungeons in which you fight her are extremely different in size for the three factions. In Aldmeri and Ebonheart you fight her in large open spaces, but Daggerfall has her in a small cramped room with a much shorter distance for the orbs to travel from the walls to Doshia. I had no problems with this fight in AD and EP using melee, ranged or spells, but when I tried doing it in DC, I just can't get enough shots in to hit all the orbs before they reach her. I can't dodge her attacks properly either, simply because there is not enough room to move.

In short, this quest is a whole lot harder in DC than in the two other factions.
  • MistryssNite
    MistryssNite
    ✭✭✭
    Can't we team up via grouping and take her down? I was having problems as well, but I was lvl. 6 then. Anyone want to group up and take her down? And, anyone up for Cheesemonger's Hollow?
    Current main: Pe'tra
    Female Khajiit Templar of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Feel free to join her in questing ^.^
    It's just been a morning of death
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    h970870 wrote: »
    She/he is a really annoying boss you have to really focus with, and your not allowed to have any friends. You must solo it and defeat it while it's healing itself.
    I highly recommend using 3rd person to be able to hit the orbs, when it picks you up it drains your health and puts it in orb. They will fly to it and heal it you must destroy them before they get to it because the heal a lot of it's health! When the orbs come out that's when the 3rd person comes in handy you have to attack the closet to the furthest so The orbs don't heal it. While attacking try to run in circles and remain behind it!

That's my guide for killing this boss, I have died 17 times doing it then I made a strategy (this one) and it worked so I wanted to share it with you guys! Thanks, and enjoy!

This was an annoying fight. I suggest doing what i did-skip it.

Couldn't do it on my stealth Nightblade at 10(though i took her at 9 in the betas /shrug), so i just skipped it and went and did other stuff. Came back at 14 and got my revenge.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have beaten her on 3 alts and only died once, this death was due not being able to target the orbs (I say a bug!:)). Her damage is minimal and easily avoided
  • Rytfield
    Rytfield
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pain fighting her close combat without AoE. Sometimes I allegedly missed hitting an orb while it obviously should have been a homerun. Her HP went back and forth and after 15 minutes I just ran away.

I came back the other day and that time Doshia didn't transform, so there were no orbs to bother me. Easy as pie.