The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Efficient Crafting

dbgager
dbgager
✭✭✭
Trying to level up my crafting skills Seems a waste to craft level 1 items after you get to 4 or 5 level sklil as it barely moves the bar. How do I get more recipes. DO I have to buy them or find them
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am assuming you are talking about provisioning since the word recipes was used.

You can do both, loot and buy recipes. Looting will take time ofc. The NPC vendors will scale what they sell to your provisioning level iirc. You can also look at what they have and see if you can find it cheaper at guild traders.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    Yes provisioning. But I am also trying to level up tailoring ( clothier). And I am having the same issue with very very slow progression at about level 4 or 5 with the starter stuff.

Thanks for the reply.
    Edited by dbgager on June 13, 2018 5:37PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure your recipe is targeted to player level 15. The recipe improvement 1 covers levels 1..19. Food for level 15 gives ten times more inspiration than food for player level 1. You should get provisioning to 20 with about 100 portions. At 20 you can advance to recipe improvement 2 which covers levels 20..29 .

Easiest to get recipes is by searching guild vendors.
    Edited by helediron on June 13, 2018 5:53PM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    Okay.I will do that helediron Thank you
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    dbgager wrote: »
    Yes provisioning. But I am also trying to level up tailoring ( clothier). And I am having the same issue with very very slow progression at about level 4 or 5 with the starter stuff.

Thanks for the reply.

I leveled provisioning pretty quickly by using one recipe per level tier. Gather a bunch of ingredients (Coldharbor is a good place for free ingredients) Start off with the level 1 recipe, keep making the same dish over and over again until you get to level 5, get a level 5 recipe and make the same dish until you get to provisioning level 10, buy a new recipe, keep repeating. Its all about stocking up on the ingredients you need and making in bulk. I am sure there are better ways, but this works well, if you are on PS4 I can send you some ingredients, should get to 50 in 30 minutes or so if you have ingredients.

As for clothing, woodworking, blacksmith, personally I find the best sources of inspiration were doing the daily writs for experience as well as the items which often drop the large XP bonus when deconstructing, I forget the name now. I also did quests and deconstructed all gear which was not worth much, you will get there.
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    For leveling any of the equipment crafting skills, the fastest I've found is just deconstructing things. Making things gives very little experience by comparison. Just go out and fight overland mobs for a while, then bring everything back and deconstruct it, you'll be closing in on 50 in all skills in no time. Or, if you've got the money for it, buy gear from guild stores and deconstruct that, especially intricate items. And always do things as close to your crafting level as possible. It would be a waste to decon gear that is way below your level.
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    summitxho wrote: »
    dbgager wrote: »

Thanks for the reply.

I leveled provisioning pretty quickly by using one recipe per level tier. Gather a bunch of ingredients (Coldharbor is a good place for free ingredients) Start off with the level 1 recipe, keep making the same dish over and over again until you get to level 5, get a level 5 recipe and make the same dish until you get to provisioning level 10, buy a new recipe, keep repeating. Its all about stocking up on the ingredients you need and making in bulk. I am sure there are better ways, but this works well, if you are on PS4 I can send you some ingredients, should get to 50 in 30 minutes or so if you have ingredients.

As for clothing, woodworking, blacksmith, personally I find the best sources of inspiration were doing the daily writs for experience as well as the items which often drop the large XP bonus when deconstructing, I forget the name now. I also did quests and deconstructed all gear which was not worth much, you will get there.

Thank you much for the offer. I am on PC however. Also I appreciate the advice and I think that helped me understand the process better
  • dbgager
    dbgager
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everybody I feel I understand what I need to do a lot better at this point.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the other crafts, assuming you are not needing to actually craft on this character, I level the crafging up after the charater hit lvl 50.

It may have changed but it seemed just deconing everything I got on any character at lvl 50 was more beneficial than as I was leveling. It is especially fast if you already have at least one max level character and place everything into the bank for decon.