Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mitigating charge useage on weapons.

Messihippi
Messihippi
Soul Shriven
How much of a full charge does each light/heavy attack use, and is there a way of mitigating this loss or making the charge last longer? What, if anything changes how much of the charge is used?

Yeah, I know it’s easy to get hold of soul gems and glyphs to recharge - this question isn’t about that. I’ve sometimes come out of a dungeon and noticed the dreaded red bow next to one of my bars and realised why I was struggling. It’s not easy to recharge mid-fight, and who checks on their weapon charge every 5 minutes?

Best Answer

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well fortunately we have that icon now...for a couple of years there was no way to see the weapon charge was gone.

You can’t really slow the enchantment use. Any hit has a change to proc the enchantment, which will deplete the charge. Dual wield weapons probably deplete it a bit faster, since the back hand gets a proc chance in heavy attacks. But that’s a minuscule difference.

Obviously using infused trait on either weapon will speed up the procs and deplete it faster. And you could always use poisons, since you can craft an unlimited amount to put on a weapon.
    Answer ✓