Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Miat's pvp alert addon

NoodleESO
NoodleESO
✭✭✭✭✭
i dont run miats addon only kinda know about it, i was wondering if changing an @name can remove players from miats kos/cool list or will the addon still provide the info and display the changed @name. if someone can confirm this that would be awesome thanks
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this addon became useless with the last update. Is this not the case?
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

some features of miat's where disabled but not the kos/cool list and combat log, a lot of people still use it today
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the heavy attack warning still work? Hope not!
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoodleESO wrote: »
    i dont run miats addon only kinda know about it, i was wondering if changing an @name can remove players from miats kos/cool list or will the addon still provide the info and display the changed @name. if someone can confirm this that would be awesome thanks

It will remove you from the list. Addons have no way to track name changes of other players.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolgubon wrote: »

It will remove you from the list. Addons have no way to track name changes of other players.

To make it a little more interesting, changing your name effectively resets your saved variables unless you modify your saved variables to use your new name before loading the game.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeromaz wrote: »

Miats works perfectly BUT, not when an enemy charges a heavy attack from stealth...
    Just when he release his button and he gets out of stealth, while the projectile is travelling then you get notified.

Used to be tracking casts even from stealth and that was not cool, imho have it on. If your enemy is not in melee range or very close you listen to beep you roll/wings. EZ
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Dolgubon wrote: »

To make it a little more interesting, changing your name effectively resets your saved variables unless you modify your saved variables to use your new name before loading the game.

Only if you change your @account name!
    If you change just the character name and the addon was developed corretly the name change will keep your SavedVariables.
    if not, the addon's usage of ZO_SavedVars is using an outdated function :New and should be changed.