The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's going on? Vivec PS4 - NA

rafaelcsmaia
rafaelcsmaia
✭✭✭✭✭
I just see people complaining, but is there anything going on aside from just "Its lag" for the terrible server performance lately?

My Experience yesterday (Worst so far in the last 2 weeks)

Get close to a fight in a keep, everything freezes but my character, I can move for a few seconds and then DC, no internet connection (lol)
-This happened 4 times

After the DC, Long load screen to relog, 2 out of the 4 times, I got blue screened and crashed.
-Got blue screen randomly through normal playing as well, guess they were 2.

Colossal delay for skills firing, bar swaping is absolutely impossible, if you try it, the skills simply dont compute. It takes so long for them to compute that you have to spam most of them because of moving targets getting LoS and it glitching.

Before someone calls this a random rant, here is my point: The campaign now is barely playable, and we have the infamous Midyear Mayhem starting soon.. In the current server state, it will be just that a Mayhem, nothing more.

Is there any explanation for this insanely low performance of now? PTS up? Summerset release?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a lot of those issues on my release PS4 (2014). Since getting a Pro, performance seems better during prime time.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Made a post about this the other day. Sometimes I log in and it’s fine. For the past 2 weeks about every other day prime time is unplayable. No skills work. It’s terrible.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's not your internet? Usually frame rate / performance tanks in really large scale fights, but outside of the lag during those fights my connection is typically silky smooth.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you sure it's not your internet? Usually frame rate / performance tanks in really large scale fights, but outside of the lag during those fights my connection is typically silky smooth.

I would take that into question normally I’m at 60 down 15 up.

One of the guys in my group is at 230+ down and 25 up. He has issues as well.

When 6-8 people in my group all have issues at the same time I generally rule out personal connections.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

When 6-8 people in my group all have issues at the same time I generally rule out personal connections.

I believe you. Last handful of times I was grouped, if we lagged it was usually pretty obvious where the problem was coming from, like being in a big fight.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

I believe you. Last handful of times I was grouped, if we lagged it was usually pretty obvious where the problem was coming from, like being in a big fight.

Yea but there used to be 5 servers will all factions on the bridge and it was never this bad. Now any keep with more than 20+ people there and you can’t even fire seige.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be my internet, but not only I have 120 down 15 up, also other online games run smooth as offline. ESO seems to have something special going on
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of things you can try;

Static IP on your console IP through the router it's hooked up to

DMZ the PS4 IP so it's has unrestricted access(AKA no port forward crap, it just goes without having any security)
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of things you can try;

Static IP on your console IP through the router it's hooked up to

DMZ the PS4 IP so it's has unrestricted access(AKA no port forward crap, it just goes without having any security)

Thats a nice tip, never tried tinkering with those network options on the router, ill give it a shot
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Static IP just keeps a WiFi enabled console from switching addresses whenever it feels like it. Plus, if you tell the router to put it on a Static IP, you can put the console on a IP address that is far away from other devices in the house that use Wifi.

Less devices that share closer IP address = Less network interference

You can go from 1-200 (last line of the address is the line you change), put the PS4 somewhere out in the 190 section.

DMZ means anyone can potentially mess with your machine. Since it's not protected by a firewall(your router),however since your machine only accesses online through PlayStation Network, that shouldn't hurt anything. But be warned and understand what DMZ means and don't download stuff that is not through PS Store onto your console.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Takes-No-Prisoner Im on wired connection btw
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am too. I plugged it in and never looked back.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone stop blaming your internet connection, Zenimax loves it when you do this because it takes responsibility off of them.

It has everything to do with there servers and net code they use, its low end garbage meant to save them money at the players expense.
    Edited by jerj6925 on June 13, 2018 12:26AM