The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clockwork Furnishing Recipes - share your tips!

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
With Summerset update, allegedly the CWC recipes did increase in droprate. I still haven't found that many for sale at guild traders, but I assume most people are busy looting Summerset anyway.

I still lack many of the CWC recipes, and I imagine a lot of other people do too.
Could we perhaps get together and share the best tips for farming these recipes? CWC suffers from being a rather small zone with very few containers, like the famous tomb urns in Vvardenfell, and also in Summerset.
The best I have found are the backpacks spread out all over the Brass City itself, as well as some desks, nightstands and coffers - also in Brass City. How do people farm for recipes these days - is it wort it to try and pickpocket and stab the NPCs, is it worth it to try and farm the lockboxes, and what about farming the Factotums?

Please share your tips, so we can get some more of these recipes out in the market, thanks!
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Nobody replied, lol.

I asked this when clockwork came out. You’re right...there’s no reliable,location for recipe farming. As such, a lot of the recipes come from factotum kills (apparently). This makes then utterly annoying to farm because you have to do like ten times the work for a single recipe drop.

I gave up on farming clockwork recipes. They still show up in traders, but the prices never made the work see worth it. I can go farm ten $20k motifs in the time it takes to find one good clockwork recipe.
  • Luthivar
    Luthivar
    ✭✭✭
    Unlocked chests, cupboards, dressers, nightstands,... as always. Best way to farm is in the city.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm a bit surprised no one really replied yet. Either they don't really care about this, or perhaps there just aren't any really good answers for my question. Doesn't help that I put the thread in the housing subforum either, which is pretty dead.

Anywho, let's try and be more specific: Does anyone have experience with farming recipes from civilian NPCs? Like pickpocketing and backstabbing. What are the odds? Is it worth it? Do some NPCs seem to drop more recipes than others? Let us know.

Also, does anyone have experience with farming the Factotums for recipes? What are the droprates? They seemed to be bugged shortly after release of CWC and dropped recipes far more often, now they seem to have a very tiny droprate. Is it worth it to farm Factotums? And what are the best places for it?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, my looting of Brass City has yielded 1 blue non-CWC plan and 7 green plans, of which 1 was CWC and the other 6 trash basic green plans.

@ZOS_GinaBruno How does this even remotely fit together with the Summerset patch notes, that mentioned you had updated CWC so the majority of the plans found there would be CWC plans? 1 out of 8 isn't nearly the majority, why can't you simply make the CWC recipes drop in CWC - it's been almost a year now and still no dice..

You need to look through the droprate numbers again, for the recipes aren't dropping like you advertised.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    So far, my looting of Brass City has yielded 1 blue non-CWC plan and 7 green plans, of which 1 was CWC and the other 6 trash basic green plans.

@ZOS_GinaBruno How does this even remotely fit together with the Summerset patch notes, that mentioned you had updated CWC so the majority of the plans found there would be CWC plans? 1 out of 8 isn't nearly the majority, why can't you simply make the CWC recipes drop in CWC - it's been almost a year now and still no dice..

You need to look through the droprate numbers again, for the recipes aren't dropping like you advertised.

The cwc blue prints should drop as frequently as summerset plans
  • ShadowOrcSlayer
    I found a small place deep inside of the Everwound Wellspring. The area has five or six large lootable tables. I've only ever found two CWC recipes in there, one green and the other purple.
    Death to all Yellows
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno How does this even remotely fit together with the Summerset patch notes, that mentioned you had updated CWC so the majority of the plans found there would be CWC plans? 1 out of 8 isn't nearly the majority.....

I remember those patch notes pretty well, and I'm certain the verbiage was " increased the drop rate." I don't ever recall them saying the majority would be zone specific. So technically, they could have increased it from .008% to .009%, and been completely truthful.

I know from personal experience that the Morrowind plan drop rate is not noticibly better, so I'm sure the increases were miniscule.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno How does this even remotely fit together with the Summerset patch notes, that mentioned you had updated CWC so the majority of the plans found there would be CWC plans? 1 out of 8 isn't nearly the majority.....

I remember those patch notes pretty well, and I'm certain the verbiage was " increased the drop rate." I don't ever recall them saying the majority would be zone specific. So technically, they could have increased it from .008% to .009%, and been completely truthful.

I know from personal experience that the Morrowind plan drop rate is not noticibly better, so I'm sure the increases were miniscule.

"Updated the furnishing plan drop chances within Vvardenfell and Clockwork City. When you loot a furnishing plan in these areas, you are now much more likely to see furnishing plans directly associated with that area."

"Much more likely" doesn't translate to 1 out of 8 in my book.

The increase isn't nearly enough, when you get recipes in CWC it should be the majority of the recipes that are CWC recipes, not the tiny minority. It's been almost a year now, and plans still sell for 200k-400k in many cases. For the few that are actually for sale now and then. I'm so fed up with this grinding game just to get the recipes I need to craft stupid cosmetics for my own home.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only place I've found to quickly run through CWC for plans is the bassilica in the Brass City. The two offices opposite each other in the western end of the building have several unowned desks, backpacks, and trunks. Maybe 10-12 containers total, but an easy run through if you leave alts logged out there and run through it with them.

I still haven't found the first CWC plan though, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• wodinchen
    wodinchen
    ✭✭
    i run through the central nexus (where you can craft) there are 16 places and some people for pickpocketing and 5 boxes to open. just relog. I get 1 violet recipe ~every 6 hours. Dont care about bounty, nobody interessted in there.
    So i do it 1x/day until i get 1 blue or voilett one.
    But crap voilett ones more often -.-
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wodinchen wrote: »
    i run through the central nexus (where you can craft) there are 16 places and some people for pickpocketing and 5 boxes to open. just relog. I get 1 violet recipe ~every 6 hours. Dont care about bounty, nobody interessted in there.
    So i do it 1x/day until i get 1 blue or voilett one.
    But crap voilett ones more often -.-

Thanks for the heads up!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)