The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shocking surprise: Consistent load screen issues destroy your chances at winning battlegrounds

Ralamil
Ralamil
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno When the *** are you guys going to fix the load screen issue in BGs. Allegedly in Cyrodiil it was related to things not loading. You allegedly solved that problem. There are far fewer assets and players to load in Battlegrounds. Why in the hell is this bug still rampant and totally *** over teams? Having made this a part of the base game, you guys need to actually put some focus on this, and so far we haven't heard a peep that you're even investigating this.
Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Yeah, what he said... but more eloquently.
    Options
  • Ralamil
    Ralamil
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    ^ Yeah, what he said... but more eloquently.

Honestly with how annoyed I was after several matches of this last night, I'm surprised it came out as eloquent as it did, lol.

No but really this is a serious problem that has been documented in both BGs and Open World Cyrodiil pvp as occurring when players appear invisible to one another. In Cyrodiil, one can usually move far enough away and come back to force all characters to reload, at which point the load screens no longer appear to happen for a group. But this seems impossible and is far more impractical in the smallman, timed battlegrounds.

I mean, in the mean time, at least I've provided the community plenty of salt for their fries... xD
    Karn Wild-Blood - PC NA AD Nord Warden
    Options
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    As Im writing this Im stuck in a BG load screen, going on close to a minute. I died, hit respawn and BAM, so yeah ZOS its bad if I had time to come on here and complain.
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
    Options
  • WeyounTM
    WeyounTM
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is usually at the beginning of a BG when the problem shows itself. You get shown 4 members on your team but one is invisible and that means you might get hit with that loading screen later in the fight. And it then gets truly annoying when you have to fight invisble people or corpses that are floating on the ground and they can hit you with impunity.

Things like these show that they need to test in on PTS properly. Give people an incentive to do this stuff on PTS (maybe a special pet or a special title....whatever) and then these bugs could be ironed out before release.
    Magicka-Khajiit-Player since Beta

PC-EU Vivec Sotha Sil Campaign
    Heals-your-Paws Khajiit Magplar - Main Char - AD (sadly)

Little-Miss-Hurricane - Khajiit -Stamsorc - DC
    Saves-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - DC
    Lucký-Paws - Khajiit StamDK - DC
    Icy-Paws - Khajiit Magden - DC
    White-Paws - Khajiit Stamblade - DC
    Paws-of-the-Light - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Adusa D'aro - Khajiit Stamplar - DC
    Purrs-at-the-Moons - Khajiit Stamcro - DC
    Necrotic-Paws - Khajiit Magcro - DC
    White-Claws - Khajiit StamDK - AD
    Sticky-Paws - Khajiit Stamplar - AD
    Silent-Paws - Khajiit Magblade - AD

Hides-the-Skooma - Khajiit Stamden - EP
    Protector-of-the-Mane - Khajiit Magplar -EP
    Leaps-your-Paws - Khajiit MagDK - EP
    Options
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeyounTM wrote: »
    Things like these show that they need to test in on PTS properly. Give people an incentive to do this stuff on PTS (maybe a special pet or a special title....whatever) and then these bugs could be ironed out before release.

They should lock out the things on PTS that don’t need tested. That way certain cycles can focus on things that need attention instead of them hoping the playerbase does the right things AND finds the bugs.
    Edited by Anrose on June 9, 2018 5:54PM
    Options
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m afraid I have to agree. Zenimax, fix this issue! Players suffer from loading screens in BGs for months.
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeyounTM wrote: »
    It is usually at the beginning of a BG when the problem shows itself. You get shown 4 members on your team but one is invisible and that means you might get hit with that loading screen later in the fight. And it then gets truly annoying when you have to fight invisble people or corpses that are floating on the ground and they can hit you with impunity.

This has been my experience so far. You can't see a teammate and then you know a permaload screen is coming.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also experiencing this right now, very frustrating indeed.
    Options