The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Are the lootable psijic portals only on sunmerset Island?

Mystiick
Mystiick
Can I loot the portals elsewhere? I feel like I only see them every 15 mins or so. Are they in like craglorn or deshawn? If not how can I find them better? Are they only in specific locations in summerset or completely and random and lastly how long till they respawn?
Thanks lol
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they can appear anywhere you would see an enchanting node, just like seams can be where ore was.
    I think the ones on summerset have a higher chance to drop the Trait stones for infused jewelry though, at least according to the patch notes. I have found them in Rivenspire as well craglorn..
    Now you have to have the Psijic skill line on the toon you are using. The lvl 1 pasive grants you the ability to see these portals, if on a toon without the skill you will not find them.
    Edited by Nightfall12 on June 8, 2018 7:42AM
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I've found about 4 or 5 since Summerset dropped on PC.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They do spawn everywhere. I recommend farming starter zones (Kenarthii's Roost, Bal Foyen, Bleakrock, Stros M'Kai or Bethnik), spawn timers and node numbers are better there than anywhere else.
    Edited by Leandor on June 8, 2018 7:43AM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are in every zone wherever rune nodes spawn and they share their spawn with rune nodes the same way jewelry mats share their spawn with blacksmithing ore.

If you harvest runes there's a chance (not sure how much of chance but less than 50:50... after doing this for a couple weeks on the PC my guess is about a 25% chance) that the next time something spawns in that spot it will be a portal.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how this will affect ore and kuta prices. I've found 20 or more since Summerset dropped on PS4, just go for normal farming runs taking your time to get all resource nodes and you'll find them in pretty much any zone. I have found 2 infused necklace and 1 infused ring so far. I didn't find any in other DLC zones, but I haven't looked that hard