Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Argonian vampire needs help!

Omen_XIII
Omen_XIII
Soul Shriven
I have a quite hard question for you guys out there. I recently turned my argonian into a vampire, but as I am quite into RP, I'd like to keep it a "secret". In order to do this, I have successfully covered my char in an outfit that hides his entire body, so he can be even at stage 4, without being noticed. Except of course the fact, that his damn tail is uncovered and gives his little secret away in an instant (I know, dumbness lv100 to forget the tail) Is there even a solution for argonian vampires, or the only thing I can do is reroll? Thanks for the help in advance!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to ask this because I've never played an Argonian.............How can you tell he's a vampire by his tail?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Omen_XIII
    Omen_XIII
    Soul Shriven
    As every stage has a certain visual effect on the body (eyes redden even at st.1, slightly visible thin red veins on your skin at st.2 etc.) the quite thick and long tail of the argonian shows the signs that had been covered on every other body part, therefore making the whole effort of hiding your clearly diseased skin at higher stages in vain.
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One solution would be to use a special skin that covers the vampire pallor/veins, but I am not sure how RP friendly that is (personally, I would never touch those hideous things). Not to mention, most are difficult to obtain, either from trials or the Crown Store.

I don't think there are any outfits that cover an Argonian's tail...
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Omen_XIII
    Omen_XIII
    Soul Shriven
    Outfits and costumes are outruled, for they do not cover the tail. The body markings, I did't really browse them, because with my current marking color, they are almost invisible. My character had darker purple scales, with a really light tattoo color, but now the scales are as pale as the tattoos...

I was thinking about changing the color of my char's skin, but vampirism seems to be turning the normal color much paler, and I fear it would be a wasted 1k crowns. (Of course I'm thinking of pitch black scales) Does anyone know how a black scaled argonian's color changes with vampirism?
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't talking about markings, I was talking about full-body skintones that completely cover your character's original skin, like the ebony epidermis. They are all quite outlandish and difficult/expensive to get however.

I am fairly sure even the darkest skintone still turns pale though, because Redguards for example do and they have the darkest of the human skintones. But I'll let someone else with better knowledge of Argonian vampires take this one.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Omen_XIII
    Omen_XIII
    Soul Shriven
    I see what you meant, but you are right. Those things are hideous... Seems the only solution is a race change, which is really poor. At least there should be a skill or trait that decreases the ugliness that comes even at stage 2...
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    You can try with a skin color that makes the vampire paleness less evident?
  • Meetre
    Meetre
    ✭✭✭
    Only way to hide the vamp on your tail is with an applied skin. So, changing the skin color to a darker one wont work (save your crowns).
    Edited by Meetre on June 3, 2018 6:53PM
  • Omen_XIII
    Omen_XIII
    Soul Shriven
    That was the only thing I wanted to avoid... awful skins, or a race reroll, but it seems there is no way around this. I'm sure I won't change my race. Well, if any RP-ing vampire hunters get me, it will be the game's fault! :) Thanks guys to everyone!
  • Omen_XIII
    Omen_XIII
    Soul Shriven
    Well, after quite some time spent in the crown market, I have found the solution, so I'll leave it here, in case someone would need it in the future: If the outfit covers the whole body, any market skin can be used, as those do not have any pattern on the tail, just mask it with a dark grey colour, therefore they are ideal to hide a vampire's stage.
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Well, easiest and cheapest way to cover the vamp sings is to don one of the findable disguises, the ones obtained for sneeking into enemy camps and such stuff. For example the armour for the Amol quest you can get there. Not sure, but probably the disguise from the Auridon main quest in the first city will do too. Just use what you like most. I like using this stuff if I feel like hiding the white skin or I want to see the skin I gave my Argonian at the beginning before vamping him up. And yes, at least the disguise I use (I think it's the Amol one) lets the guy look like without vampirism, even though he never has anything less than stage three, more often than not even stage four. So when I use a normal costume, he has his white skin and tail. When using the disguise he has his previous black scales and also black tail. You can even hide the helmet if you like, so the face is free, and yes, that looks like before vanpirism as well. Best thing, it's not only for you, but all other players see the previous form as well. Only problem, you can't dye it.
    Hope that helps you. ^^

@Omen_XIII
    Edited for tagging you, if you aren't happy with your solution or want a new perspective.
    Edited by ValkyriesWolf on June 7, 2018 7:35AM
    Metal forever \m/
  • Omen_XIII
    Omen_XIII
    Soul Shriven
    @ValkyriesWolf Thanks for the info! This is indeed a really good workaround for the problem! Thank you for the information!
  • ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    No problem. I know your situation and thus am happy to be able to help :)
    Metal forever \m/