Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Terrified for Summerset... UI Errors already dog the game.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
The UI errors are in abundance right now - I dread to think what Summerset will bring with it. More issues, more bugs and more horrid UI errors that are killing the game from within. When you can no longer even type /reloadui in, or even logout - you have to hard reset the game - then you know the game has some serious issues.
  • Smcgeown
    Smcgeown
    Soul Shriven
    Never experienced these problems myself in the 2 months ive been playing.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There is a help article linked below with troubleshooting advice for UI errors on console.

What should I do if I receive UI error "ingame.lua" while playing ESO on console?

Please let us know if the troubleshooting steps help or not.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... deleting my saved game data doesn't work... it's never worked - and it didn't in this case either. All it did was cause me a little extra work doing all my settings again.

I find that if you use the touch pad section of the DS4 to exit menus you're more likely to get this - and that's a habit I've had since hitting circle used to decline invites immediately.

It's not the ONLY cause of UI errors - but it's a popular one.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same shet happens on PC while using DS4 controller , UI errors everywhere and if you are qued for Bgs or dungeon you will be randomly taken to the "Role" selection screen which u cant close unless you navigate manualy to the same section again.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    There is a help article linked below with troubleshooting advice for UI errors on console.

What should I do if I receive UI error "ingame.lua" while playing ESO on console?

Please let us know if the troubleshooting steps help or not.

Just an FYI, this doesn't work. I tried this about 4-5 times last night, while restarting my console. I even hard reset a few times by holding the Xbox button for 10 seconds, unplugged the console, let it sit, and restarted all over again. I kept trying, but the UI Error keeps showing up after selecting each one of my characters.

After spamming A, the error message goes away after about a minute. I am left with my character just standing there. No HUD on screen, not able to open any of my menus or move in any way.

Per the post of mine you responded to, I left the game to install before I left for work this morning, so we'll see if that corrects the issue tonight. If not, I guess i'll contact customer support like you advised.

Not really sure why this is happening. I input the Summerset code that came with my physical game copy like the instructions said. Because of this, I cannot play ESO period on any of my characters as I cannot get past this error.

This is the error that I receive, and what happens after it goes away. My character just stands there, unable to move.

qnbgzvln1fzq.jpg
    nkqho5ydkemu.jpg
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP