The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Draining shot (bow) could use some help

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
This skill is supposed to offer a knock back, and I have to say that as far as knock back skills go this one is the least reliable. In Cyrodiil, if I sneak up behind a crouched player who is entirely unaware of me and totally unbuffed, it’s about a 33% proc for the knockback. Since it’s bow’s main “get away” skill, the knock back should be more in line with destruction’s flame balls or templars “spear of stupidity”.

It’s particulary bad since this isn’t a ranged attack...I already have to be right up next to the enemy as a bow build, then it doesn’t work very often.

Also @ZOS_Wrobel I think Haunting Curse should recast at least four times without targeting. No, I don’t really think that...but I know how to get the dev team to find this post. “Oh, lookee here, someone asked to Op buff another stupid magic skill...I better get right on that!” Lol.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Feanor on May 30, 2018 8:44AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The knockback is not a proc. If someone is CC immune, they won’t be knocked back but if they are not immune or blocking, its 100% the effect will trigger
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you use draining shot in PvP, may god have mercy on your soul. I will find you, and I will bag you.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    If you use draining shot in PvP, may god have mercy on your soul. I will find you, and I will bag you.

I use it :(.

Then again I use it to switch from defense to offense sometimes, and is cheaper to run than javelin for stamplar. The heal is just extra.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defintely needs a range buff, bring it to 28 m like rune cage, javelin or most ranged skills
    Edited by JobooAGS on June 6, 2018 12:33AM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Then again I use it to switch from defense to offense sometimes, and is cheaper to run than javelin for stamplar. The heal is just extra.

OH Minno nooo . Don't do that . That heal is petty in PvP . You want the double knock back to keep melee players at a distance and longer stuns .
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel and the combat team will read this thread, laugh and then say "NO, stupid idea bow is for support only"
    Edited by Anti_Virus on June 6, 2018 7:37PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you just use the ability twice? I’ll try to avoid doing it if possible
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OH Minno nooo . Don't do that . That heal is petty in PvP . You want the double knock back to keep melee players at a distance and longer stuns .
    This just isn't correct. The heal is quite large unless you are debuffed.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Zeromaz
    Zeromaz
    ✭✭✭✭

I saw you in BGs tonight and had to pull out my draining shot on you. I couldn’t help it
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What don't yall like about draining shot? I've only rolled one stam toon, but I would draining shot>vigor>ambush and go on the offensive. The heal seemed pretty nice for a back bar skill.

Edit: nvm, I watched the vid
    Edited by Datthaw on June 6, 2018 10:43AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This just isn't correct. The heal is quite large unless you are debuffed.

It's like BoL fully buffed, except as a knock back lol.

Though other heals are better.

It's ok, I swapped back to javelin. Sometimes you can't ignore the classics, like Mozart or Wu-Tang.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual