The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mistake in game

lukastef
lukastef
✭✭
This is not a question but a mistake a noticed. I started my quests in EP and then went to coldharbour, only there I met Skordo the knife and Darien Gautier and as you all know Darien dies in the end of the questline in coldharbour. Then I proceed with DC quests and in glenumbra you meat darien who was supposed to be dead and I know you can say that Cadwell could have turned back time and restarted everything but thats not the case as you go on to rivenspire you meet darien again and this time you meet Skordo the knife. Then I was in Wrothgar and met Skordo again and he does recognise me and you can ask him how are things in rivenspire and somthing along the line how is he after the events in coldharbor indicating that he does remember coldharbor meaning cadwell couldnt have turned back time or smthing, he just could have spawned you in a different location in tamriel and if that isnt enough when you ask skordo that question he replies smthing along the lines ahhh poor darien do you remember him, indicating he remebers his death which makes a paradox because he is alive since you meet him in glenumbra and rivenspire
Edited by lukastef on June 2, 2018 10:24PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do go back in time when you do Cadwell's Silver and Gold.

Orsinium takes place after the Planemeld.

So you did EP and Coldharbor, then got thrown back in time to do DC where you meet Darien and Skordo. Then you went to Orsinium which takes place after Coldharbor.

All of ESO's zones are locked in time. This is especially obvious in the AD zones where if you do them out of order nothing is going to make any sense. So its not a mistake in the game, its just that before One Tamriel you would have been forced to do zones in a certain order with no point to returning to earlier zones.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 2, 2018 10:33PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lukastef wrote: »
    This is not a question but a mistake a noticed. I started my quests in EP and then went to coldharbour, only there
    I met Skordo the knife and Darien Gautier and as you all know Darien dies in the end of the questline in coldharbour.
    Then I proceed with DC quests and in glenumbra you
    meat darien who was supposed to be dead and I know you can say that Cadwell could have turned back time and restarted everything but thats not the case as you go on to rivenspire you meet darien again and this time you meet Skordo the knife. Then I was in Wrothgar and met Skordo again and he does recognise me and you can ask him how are things in rivenspire and somthing along the line how is he after the events in coldharbor indicating that he does remember coldharbor meaning cadwell couldnt have turned back time or smthing, he just could have spawned you in a different location in tamriel and if that isnt enough when you ask skordo that question he replies smthing along the lines ahhh poor darien do you remember him, indicating he remebers his death which makes a paradox because he is alive since you meet him in glenumbra and rivenspire

Use the spoiler tags please!!!!

(I added them to the quote above. They are not in the OP.)
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    lukastef wrote: »
    This is not a question but a mistake a noticed. I started my quests in EP and then went to coldharbour, only there
    I met Skordo the knife and Darien Gautier and as you all know Darien dies in the end of the questline in coldharbour.
    Then I proceed with DC quests and in glenumbra you
    meat darien who was supposed to be dead and I know you can say that Cadwell could have turned back time and restarted everything but thats not the case as you go on to rivenspire you meet darien again and this time you meet Skordo the knife. Then I was in Wrothgar and met Skordo again and he does recognise me and you can ask him how are things in rivenspire and somthing along the line how is he after the events in coldharbor indicating that he does remember coldharbor meaning cadwell couldnt have turned back time or smthing, he just could have spawned you in a different location in tamriel and if that isnt enough when you ask skordo that question he replies smthing along the lines ahhh poor darien do you remember him, indicating he remebers his death which makes a paradox because he is alive since you meet him in glenumbra and rivenspire

Use the spoiler tags please!!!!

(I added them to the quote above. They are not in the OP.)

I would hope that those worried about spoilers would not venture into a section called "Lore". Most of these threads are filled with spoilers
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I recall, there is no proof he dies.
    But, more importantly, all three faction storylines are pre-coldharbour. Its just a skip. From what can be understood, its more like you are living the events of the other factions differently. When the inital storyline was Cadwells it made a bit more sense
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But, more importantly, all three faction storylines are pre-coldharbour. Its just a skip. From what can be understood, its more like you are living the events of the other factions differently. When the inital storyline was Cadwells it made a bit more sense

Right. He just disappears. And there's a note you can pick up somewhere later (so probably in a DLC) where he asks for help getting out of the Colored Rooms. And you can bring this note to Gabrielle in the Mage's Guild somewhere to get some dialogue.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed he's not dead
    it's stated in Summerset chapter ... play it ;p
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed he's not dead
    it's stated in Summerset chapter ... play it ;p

I avoid spoilers. Hate the tag, so I stay vague
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue here is that technically every zone is in its own "time" and the entirety of ESOs Tamriel is not constantly in the same "time". Essentially the issue you are facing is one started by the time travel aspects that cadwell offers after coldharbour which was a design choice to explain how players can go into zones controlled by the other alliances after appearing to all 3 alliance leaders in the main story line as an ally to one of them.

Essentially all the base game zones take place in a similar period of time while the dlc zones are either after those events (like wrothgar and DB) or before them (like Morrowind). There has been nothing from ZOS to explain why we can seemingly hop around through different times beyond the little talk with cadwell after the main questline in coldharbour.

In the end it is a case of mechanics > lore