Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vampire Lore question

BloodStorm
BloodStorm
✭✭✭
In Eastmarch there is a vampire quest and if you choose to help the son instead of the father it gives an option to kill the father who has an " Ancient form " He is a Vampire Lord and the form is a giant gargoyle like thing. I thought Mother Lemae , Lord Harkon , Serana his daughter, and Valerica his wife were the only Vampire Lords? Of course I suppose they went on a what if option and who knows how many others exist then. I also think that there will be a Gargoyle-like form for vampires eventually. We can only hope. Any Ideas would be interesting.
Edited by BloodStorm on May 13, 2014 9:29PM
  • GeeYouWhy
    GeeYouWhy
    ✭✭✭
    From Elder Scrolls Wiki:
    Background
    Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself.
    Vampire Lords are relatively rare, the only ones known to exist are Harkon, Valerica and Serana, who all date back to the early First Era. Harkon is the only vampire ever seen assuming the form.
    elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Lord

I doubt we will see this for players.
    Edited by GeeYouWhy on May 13, 2014 9:43PM
    Konrandir, Vampire Sorcerer
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, its pretty obvious in Skyrim that Harkon could pass on the form to other people, since he did so with the Dragonborn.

Its not inconceivable that he had done it before with someone else.
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Good points, ha.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Vampire skill-line should have had a summon Gargoyle spell. Maybe in an update we can hope?
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    GeeYouWhy wrote: »
    From Elder Scrolls Wiki:
    Background
    Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself.
    Vampire Lords are relatively rare, the only ones known to exist are Harkon, Valerica and Serana, who all date back to the early First Era. Harkon is the only vampire ever seen assuming the form.
    elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Lord

I doubt we will see this for players.
    I am gonna highlight this "or Molag Bal himself." Tamriel is being invaded by Molag Bal so don't get rid of the possibility of a vampire lord.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falmer wrote: »
    Well, its pretty obvious in Skyrim that Harkon could pass on the form to other people, since he did so with the Dragonborn.

Its not inconceivable that he had done it before with someone else.

Exactly this.

And if you played skyrim , you remember how both seranas and her mother were offered to molag bal (then they passed it to harkon) , just like lemae.

This should actually make the player a vampire lord , not only a vampire. Which would explain both why the player can walk during the day and talk to normal folk always (just like skyrim).
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on May 14, 2014 7:56AM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's extremely unlikely that Harkon's family are the only Vampire Lords. What, Molag Bal has had only three devout worshippers over four eras?
  • Avidus
    Avidus
    ✭✭✭
    Id like to point out there is actually more than one vampire disease..
    So I am sure there is a variation in the ancient forms of each kind.
  • Blonde_Ambition93
    In Eastmarch there is a vampire quest and if you choose to help the son instead of the father it gives an option to kill the father who has an " Ancient form " He is a Vampire Lord and the form is a giant gargoyle like thing. I thought Mother Lemae , Lord Harkon , Serana his daughter, and Valerica his wife were the only Vampire Lords? Of course I suppose they went on a what if option and who knows how many others exist then. I also think that there will be a Gargoyle-like form for vampires eventually. We can only hope. Any Ideas would be interesting.

Mother Lamae is not a vampire lord, she is the original vampire, the first in history... she's not one of those freaks from TES IV: Skyrim.. lol

She is the origin of ALL vampirism in Tamriel, except the strain unique to Harkon and the rest of his scum. Porphyric Hemophilia, Sanguinare Vampiris, Noxiphilic Sanguivoria and possibly every creed & tribe of vampires within Tamriel are all descendants of her bloodline. My personal opinion is that as the original strain Noxiphilic Sanguivoria was spread it began to "water-down" into strains of lesser power, Sanguinare Vampiris may be closest to the purest form of vampirism rather than other strains, seeing as it is the only form other than the pure strain that doesn't result in imminent death when the vampire stands outside... they are rather just weakened by it.

One of the Bonsamu vampiric breeds are capable of turning into mist, the same way the direct blood relative of Lamae can.. which again prompts a connection.

To say that the vampire lord is of the same blood line as Lamae and the rest of vampiric kind is silly, infact they may not actually be vampires at all.. and may be something else entirely :p
    Edited by Blonde_Ambition93 on February 5, 2015 6:01AM
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, Though Lamae was weak compared to Harkon by far and even Serana. She was the first supposedly but Harkon recieves Pure Vampirism/ Alpha strain of the species. Lamae was a experiment and a test basically and probably would die to a experienced regular human fighter and that is the reality. Harkon was possibly and would not doubt the most powerful Vampire that ever has existed in tamriel by far. Being so ancient and a Vampire Lord. He was almost a God and was depending on situation to many :).
  • BloodStorm
    BloodStorm
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire Lords are givin purest strain of Vampirism as it comes from Molag Bal but since the other ones get it from Harkon or her daughter/ wife ot is possible it is watered down but assume Loremaster/s would agree Lamae was far wreaker than a Vampire Lord, especially Harkon or his clan. Harkon is basically a God and was made to be shown that. It took a so called God to kill him in Skyrim AKA items in the story/ Bow. Anyway they may never add Vampire Lord form because of its power and realisticly outclasses werewolf by far but maybe they will balance it and add it in spellcrafting. Though probably doubtful :).