Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Psijic Order questline...

Dudis
Dudis
✭✭✭
... Is the most repetative and boring questline i have ever gone though in a game ever. and im still on my first playthrough. Thank god I only need to run it 4 more times -,-

Q: Please close these 9 portals
Me: Ok done, what now?
Q: Close these 9 portals too
Me: Ok, then?
Q: There are these 9 portals...
Me: Done...
Q: Gather these 4 shards of a time breaking staff
Me: Oh ok, getting somewhere!
Q: Ok now you have to close these 9 portals
Me: Seriously..?
Q: Thank you, please close these 9 portals.
Me: :s:s:s:angry: Esc > Quit game

/rant over
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    As for any constructive feedback, remove two thirds of the portal locations and instead make players have to fight something to reach them. This is like a worse version of collecting lorebooks.
    Edited by Dudis on June 4, 2018 12:43PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighters Guild: kill thousands of daedra or close a bunch of dolmens. We fight. That's what we do. So go fight.

Mages Guild: go find a library's worth of books scattered all over the world before the overdue fines bankrupt the guild or hunt for the Mad God's relic,and hope you return mostly sane.

Psijic Order: grab a talking skull and join the Annual Psijic Order Scavenger Hunt for time portals and staff pieces. It'll be fun!

Of the three, I preferred the Psijic Order. With a fast horse and wayshrines unlocked, the Psijic Order was the easiest to grind out quickly.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 3, 2018 9:15PM
  • Dudis
    Dudis
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just make it part of a grander questline or something then, with some fun events bosses, sneak missions etc?

Or at the very least make use of the new zone, make it feel more natural while going through the new content instead of being so forced, having to port around in the old zones, clicking glowing balls?

I get that there has to be some kind of effort from the players but this is just stupid. Who thought this questline was a good idea?
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dudis wrote: »
    ... Is the most repetative and boring questline i have ever gone though in a game ever. and im still on my first playthrough. Thank god I only need to run it 4 more times -,-

Q: Please close these 9 portals
    Me: Ok done, what now?
    Q: Close these 9 portals too
    Me: Ok, then?
    Q: There are these 9 portals...
    Me: Done...
    Q: Ok now you have to close these 9 portals
    Q: Thank you, please close these 9 portals.
    Me: :s:s:s:angry: Esc > Quit game

/rant over

I'll finish it for you:

Q: Ok now you have to close these 8 portals
    Q: Thank you, please close these 6 portals.
    Me: :s:s:s:angry:
    Q: Thank you, now go kill this boss.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dudis wrote: »
    Why not just make it part of a grander questline or something then, with some fun events bosses, sneak missions etc?

Or at the very least make use of the new zone, make it feel more natural while going through the new content instead of being so forced, having to port around in the old zones, clicking glowing balls?

I get that there has to be some kind of effort from the players but this is just stupid. Who thought this questline was a good idea?

I think they rushed it. They spent a lot of time on scenery, the main quest line, the trial, the Psijiic order skill line, and the new sets, but not this questline.
  • icedcoffee
    icedcoffee
    ✭✭✭
    While I absolutely love the Augur and I think he made the quest at least bearable, I agree it was really painful. Especially when you take into consideration that it's something you may have/want to do on multiple characters. I suppose it might not be as time consuming as the Fighters Guild or Mages Guild but my goodness does it feel that way.
    Bless us as we hunt, O Hircine. Help us to hunt with honor, and bring in prey both lawful and bountiful.