The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Princely Dawnlight Palace placement issue

Laws
Laws
I recently purchased the Princely Dawnlight Palace and started using it as a guild hall. I placed ALL the crafting tables on the wall (rampart) all the way around. The tables that are over the doorway which goes out to the water area and the last section of the wall (or first section depending on how you get on the wall) seem to be bugged. Sometime they work and sometimes they don't and sometimes they work for some but not others even though both people are in the house at the same time. The really weird thing is that I can come to the house and pick up and set down a random table on the effected part of the wall and temporarily fix the issue until the person leaves the house and returns at which time the tables may or may not work again. I find it strange that picking up and setting down a random table fixes the problem. Please help as I do not have time to port to my house every time someone has trouble with the tables.
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    [Incident: 180525-000930] Customer Service Ticket
    i have the same issue at my own guild hall with many set stations not showing interaction prompts. though for me i get the same stations working and not working the same as other people that visit the house. i move or place any 1 item on the property. instantly hundreds of set stations work for everyone with no issue. it continues to work for me and everyone else while i am online. i can even change characters and they remain working. once i go offline for at least 15 mins (maybe instantly). the bug of about 90% of the set stations are no longer interactable for anyone in guild. my set stations are at Forsaken Stronghold and i have seen an almost identical issue happen to 2 other guild halls at various houses. i had no issue for around 9 months, until a couple weeks back. i have less set jewellery stations then the other types which always give issues. the jewellery stations are always ones that are interact-able. for another person that had the issue a long time a go. i would visit the house. most stations had no prompt to interact. as soon as they would arrive in the door. all would instantly work. as soon as they left, majority of stations would instantly stop working. that person ended up changing homes and has done little effort in making a good looking guild hall again.

my suggestion for a fix is that these types of interactable items do not need to be placed on the ground like they currently require and were more like other interactable furnishings that work if the cursor can reach a part of it. regardless if its in the air. many houses flooring is so bad that having stations straight is basically impossible in most houses without platforms. this bug i have seen on both platforms and no platforms being used underneath. making this change would also make a lot of people very happy as they could decorate their stations with items which is a highly wanted thing i have heard form many

after doing all suggestions about the problem like removing all add ons and repairing the game i am left with no option other then:

1) wait for a patch to fix this issue which i have seen since near the start of housing (which is unrealistic with an entire guild using the house and the time i am predicting for any patch for something i need fixed asap)

2)use entirely new types of platforms. adjust the height of every set station and other objects on the platforms. re-make all the stairs which in itself is very difficult. and hope that this can even fix the issue

3) start entirely from scratch at a new house transferring most items across from a house im nearly completed with after so long. set the next house up and try not to put much else in it. then try not to touch the housing editor at all. its gonna be a lame house but this is looking like my best possible option

all this while worrying about getting this bug again, as i did before starting this house a very long time a go

esigp27f4a7i.png
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    happens with Linchall too. Filed a report, not working.
  • Laws
    Laws
    This is a video of the tables not working then being fixed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-jVq88A4jk_J5-TWyDc89ETmvvj7nVbs/view
    Edited by Laws on June 5, 2018 1:47AM
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    Laws wrote: »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HWbWROqEYg5iT6HAnGuXeZrwQ2ZwS3Q/view

thank you for providing that video. its exactly the same issue im having. the placement of any 1 item shown in that video is a temporary fix only. i do it every time i log on for the rest of the guild, and myself. it can be any furnishing at all on the property that makes everything instantly work again. i have the exact same bug shown as your house. right down to jewellery stations are working and very few other stations as well. as soon as i log off my account completely. the bug returns. even if i completely log out of my account for a few seconds is enough to have the bug return. changing characters does not trigger the bug. only a full account log out. the rest of the guild has the issue when they visit the house. they see the same stations bug out as me and fixed the same time as i do. its also a bug that has been around for over a year that i am aware of. just after Morrowind i saw the bug happen at a guild hall which resulted in the owner moving all stations to a new house. she was having the bug at the craglorn cavern and i have the issue at forsaken stronghold only since Summerset patch. it appears to be individual houses getting this bug. a bug i have discussed with many other people that have seen it in other homes prior to me ever having it. i tested some of my stations that were having issues at another house and they worked fine. i returned them back to my bugged house and the issue continues. this bug is a HUGE problem. with time its only getting more common. being that nothing has happened in the last incremental patch. i am moving all stations to another house. and im making the house prepared for the bug to strike again. aka, making the house look crap and little time spent on it. another week of little sleep trying to fix this and keep stations operational for everyone non stop since summerset is literally ridiculous at the point its got to. the bug is causing many massive issues. much more then any other i have experienced in eso since launch

PC NA
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrpaxman wrote: »
    Laws wrote: »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-HWbWROqEYg5iT6HAnGuXeZrwQ2ZwS3Q/view

thank you for providing that video. its exactly the same issue im having. the placement of any 1 item shown in that video is a temporary fix only. i do it every time i log on for the rest of the guild, and myself. it can be any furnishing at all on the property that makes everything instantly work again. i have the exact same bug shown as your house. right down to jewellery stations are working and very few other stations as well. as soon as i log off my account completely. the bug returns. even if i completely log out of my account for a few seconds is enough to have the bug return. changing characters does not trigger the bug. only a full account log out. the rest of the guild has the issue when they visit the house. they see the same stations bug out as me and fixed the same time as i do. its also a bug that has been around for over a year that i am aware of. just after Morrowind i saw the bug happen at a guild hall which resulted in the owner moving all stations to a new house. she was having the bug at the craglorn cavern and i have the issue at forsaken stronghold only since Summerset patch. it appears to be individual houses getting this bug. a bug i have discussed with many other people that have seen it in other homes prior to me ever having it. i tested some of my stations that were having issues at another house and they worked fine. i returned them back to my bugged house and the issue continues. this bug is a HUGE problem. with time its only getting more common. being that nothing has happened in the last incremental patch. i am moving all stations to another house. and im making the house prepared for the bug to strike again. aka, making the house look crap and little time spent on it. another week of little sleep trying to fix this and keep stations operational for everyone non stop since summerset is literally ridiculous at the point its got to. the bug is causing many massive issues. much more then any other i have experienced in eso since launch

PC NA

Agree - I am having the same issue too. We need to work together and keep pushing ZOS on this!
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    :'( This is so ridiculous. I moved the crafting stations to a new house (Grand Topal Hideaway) a few days after my last post. all have been working fine at the new house, until yesterday. Now every station except jewellery stations are NOT interactable. Including the regular stations this time to. Absolutely the worst bug ever. 40 mil+ of grinding daily since housing. Writs every day on every character. 1000's of master writs. Real life money. All currently worthless and waste of time which is also affecting my guild. A very urgent fix is needed. New people in game have contacted me about this bug as well at other homes. All i have done since Summerset daily is deal with this bug. And its just started again. I could go on much more of what it takes and what problems this is causing. It's totally crazy at this point that these really expensive crafting stations tend to break for soooooo many people for such a long time now. Just for me its going to only get worse from now on until its fixed, as ill need my account online after i do the "any 1 item movement fix, fixes all" as much as possible to keep the stations working for all the guild. I am in damage control mode. PLEASE zos, HELP. Any news of anything getting fixed in the future??? weeks? months? never? If no fix, i (and imo others) should really stop wasting time every day for nothing :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • mrpaxman
    mrpaxman
    ✭✭✭
    Victory or Valhalla!
    PC NA
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several other threads complaining about this issue; it has been going on for a LONG time. Apparently it happens most often to stations or dummies that are placed on platforms rather than on the original ground of the "house". There is something wonky about the load order. The only known workaround is to have decorator rights and use something like the "Let there be Light" addon, which will do a one-click "fix" for you each time you go in. Not a good solution for "guild hall" houses though... :(
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on June 13, 2018 3:39PM