The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jewelry Crafting, has it had a noticeable impact on PvP?

Thunderknuckles
Thunderknuckles
✭✭✭✭
I've been very busy since Summerset and haven't had any time to get back into Cyro. Was wondering if such things as Infused weapon damage jewelry enchants are making people hit like Mack trucks (even more so than pre-Summerset lol). I know there's a lot of griping about some armor sets, but was more curious about how these new jewelry enchants are affecting play.
  • AngryOldMan
    AngryOldMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Made jewelery With protective trait on my medium armour stam sorc. Have a little less stamina but im more tanky, not as tanky as Heavy armour but it helps. Biggest difference is that now i can have 2 full sets of crafted armour + monster set.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not really. The infused trait is only slightly more damage than stamina trait so it’s better to have the stats, and for magicka users also for the most part, at least when it comes to solo and small scale. I’m not sure if any guilds are running specialized builds yet, I’m sure some must be working on it at least. But overall the traits are just not really worth it over the max stat bonus, and the grind is so great. The only good use I’ve persoanlly had for it is to transmute some heavy armor jewlery to stamina. But no, I’ve not noticed anyone hitting crazy hard due to jewelry, at least not yet.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the replies, Angry and Vapriko. Much appreciated. I was a little hesitant to go back in thinking, "Oh man, this may be like going back to CP160". lol
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet, however I think it will have quite the impact once more people start finishing the skilline....

I mean, to research all traits will take quite a while, and most meaningful craftable sets requires 6 traits or more. Another reason we haven´t seen the full impact of jewelry crafting yet is because the materials are not very convenient to acquire, especially not the tempers required to upgrade them.

• Wycks
    Wycks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really, it's fairly balanced, unlike some of the new sets.
    The numbers thing is always going to be there, but it’s more down to player skill and there are ways through ability choice to configure a group to be stronger vs. large groups of people. - BRAIN WHEELER - 2012 - LOL
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet, but just hold on to your hat a little longer. When it becomes more available, in like 1-3 months, you will begin to see some weird builds utilizing the new options. Especially the Infused option. Already have several builds Theorycrafted around this. But they need to wait untill mats are not costing a fortune..
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working on shifting my healthy traits to stamina. And going to look at light armor sets to shift to robust soon (for lulz).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Working on shifting my healthy traits to stamina. And going to look at light armor sets to shift to robust soon (for lulz).

I am looking forward to doing this on my Durok ring and necklace. Having the ability to switch out traits on jewelry is a huge boon. I can’t wait to dive into jewelry crafting once it comes on Tuesday.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 31, 2018 3:24PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are players using Swift, Harmony, and Infused traits to great effect in varying circumstances in PvP. I assume there are some Bloodthirsty users out there racking up monster executes, too, but I haven't spoken to anyone doing this yet. Triune will also see some use, but it's not like you'll notice that, really.

There haven't exactly been a lot of people swapping to 2x crafted 5 piece sets plus a monster set yet, just because the mats are so pricey. Has anyone even upgraded a ring or neck to gold yet? I'm sure someone has, but I'm weeks away from being able to craft a purple jewelry set, let alone gold.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still haven’t seen a gold mat outside of guild stores.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Not yet, however I think it will have quite the impact once more people start finishing the skilline....

I mean, to research all traits will take quite a while, and most meaningful craftable sets requires 6 traits or more. Another reason we haven´t seen the full impact of jewelry crafting yet is because the materials are not very convenient to acquire, especially not the tempers required to upgrade them.

The grind is real, that's no joke. I had no idea they would make jewelry with certain traits mainly available through a very narrow window of daily quests and crafting writ stuff.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen or heard of any big differences in PvP.
    Then again, I haven't even touched jewlery crafting myself, and have no intentions to.
    I was SUPER excited for it, but once I saw what an utterly absurd slog of a grind it would be to get into, I was just completely disenchanted and turned off to the whole thing.
    Then again, I shouldn't be surprised since Zo$ has a history of this when finally adding highly anticipated content, just like the total letdown of the Justice System, or housing that released with no storage.
    Can't wait to see what they do to Spellcrafting, if they ever even actually do release it, or even any gutted shadow of what it was supposed to be -.-

Anyway, it'll be several months at least before anyone is cappable of doing anything meaningful with it, like running 2 5pc crafted sets at once.
    We'll see if anyone theorycrafting these hybrid builds of Pelenils/Shackle/TBS combos can actually make anything competitive from them.
    My money is on no, but we'll see.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wycks wrote: »
    Not really, it's fairly balanced, unlike some of the new sets.

Duroks isnt new
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made jewelery With protective trait on my medium armour stam sorc. Have a little less stamina but im more tanky, not as tanky as Heavy armour but it helps. Biggest difference is that now i can have 2 full sets of crafted armour + monster set.

Heavy armor + troll king + orc stam sorc + bone pirate + resistance trait jewelry = beast mode
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen or heard of any big differences in PvP.
    Then again, I haven't even touched jewlery crafting myself, and have no intentions to.
    I was SUPER excited for it, but once I saw what an utterly absurd slog of a grind it would be to get into, I was just completely disenchanted and turned off to the whole thing.
    Then again, I shouldn't be surprised since Zo$ has a history of this when finally adding highly anticipated content, just like the total letdown of the Justice System, or housing that released with no storage.
    Can't wait to see what they do to Spellcrafting, if they ever even actually do release it, or even any gutted shadow of what it was supposed to be -.-

Anyway, it'll be several months at least before anyone is cappable of doing anything meaningful with it, like running 2 5pc crafted sets at once.
    We'll see if anyone theorycrafting these hybrid builds of Pelenils/Shackle/TBS combos can actually make anything competitive from them.
    My money is on no, but we'll see.

I've started it on my crafter, but have really lost serious interest in it once I began asking my mates just where you go about finding the other traits, such as Infused, etc. When they told me, "Trials and crafting" it almost lost me. I do those sometimes, but I work late and finding trial teams late night is very tough. Anything, basically, that ZoS turns into a literal part time job to get completed loses my interest.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transmuting traits on dropped sets? Yeah I think that’s happening pretty often. Crafting jewelry for the crafted sets? Not so much I think. I don’t know who really wants to grind the mats or the gold if you can just transmute dropped sets with your plethora of crystals from PvP.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Siliziumdioxid
    Siliziumdioxid
    ✭✭✭
    Well:
    Obvious Impact you can now get Jewelry in the trait you want from sets like: Ravager, Fury Seventh legion, Duroks Bane, Prisoner's

As for the traits:
    Arcane, Robust, Healthy nothing new here.
    Triune: Prismatic Glyphs are already in the game so nothing overwhelming new here.
    Swift: more Movement speed definitely interesting. already seen a few builds that performend very well.
    Harmony. only interesting if you want to max the damage of something like gravity crush (hits really hard) for every other situation basically useless.
    Protective: there are more efficient sources of resistance so don't use it.
    Bloodthirsty: worse stats for more execute damage not really good as i don't consider the health values below 25% the greater problem

The Part where it is really getting interesting:
    Infused:
    with a weapon damage glyph it is marginally better than robust, (however it allows more hybridization of builds since magickaa and stamina are less impactful compared to weapon damage).
    But there are other glyphs the two really interesting glyphs are the cost reduction glyphs (skill cost + blockcost) and the cooldown reduction glyphs. You can use those for either really good resource management (Argonian ftw) or for high uptimes on buffs like major vitality or stacking layers of lingering health.
    Edited by Siliziumdioxid on June 2, 2018 8:12PM
    Guild: Ancaria
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... or stacking layers of lingering health.

Whaaaaaat? Are you serious? That actually stacks? Have you tested it? I'd thought it would merely refresh like other buffs. Thats.... interesting if it actually stacks.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whaaaaaat? Are you serious? That actually stacks? Have you tested it? I'd thought it would merely refresh like other buffs. Thats.... interesting if it actually stacks.

In the patch notes they specifically said they stopped the stacking. But if it actually took I dunno
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the patch notes they specifically said they stopped the stacking. But if it actually took I dunno

I'm.... strangely relieved and disappointed at the same time :neutral:
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+