Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Champion Points

Easily_Lost
Easily_Lost
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there any guide that tells you what Champion Points skill lines ( not sure if that is the right name ) are for PVE only, PVP only or for PVE and PVP?
I only PVE, so I do not want to waist CP into CP skill lines for PVP.
PC - NA - AD
started April 2015
PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast has build for most classes,
    He also has an cp300 build.
    here is an excample https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-build-for-pve/
    Note that he is an good end game player, you might want to focus a bit more on sturdiness and utility rater than min maxing so much.

Befoul and other heal debuff is typicaly only useful in PvP, stuff he don't put any point into is typical not worth it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Easily_Lost
    Green tree:
    Befoul
    Siphoner
    Red tree:
    Expert defender
    Resistant
    Blue tree:
    Shattering blows

Those are the ones that only give bonus in pvp.
    you could also read the tooltip in the CP tree.

There are jump points in CP allocation so you have to pass every integer(whole number) to get the bonus. And it rounds downward, so if you have 1.9% in a tree you get 1% bonus.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for your answer Yakidafi . That is the info I needed.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might also be helpful to cover core CPs for both PvE and PvP and explain why they’re so powerful.

Green - recovery, self explanatory. Most builds would push to 75 in their fighting resource, then branch out to other passives.

Blues

In blue, there’s a stamina and magic counterpart for the core passives. I’ll list them together because they’re essentially the same.

Elemental expert / mighty: These boost your base damage for all mag/stam attacks. Max cp character put 50+ here.

Elfborn / precise strikes: boost crit damage. Another important passive, but more important the more you're a crit build. But most builds go 50+ here too.

Piercing / spell erosion: increase your penetration, which essentially ignores the resistance built into an opponent’s armor. What’s sometimes not understood is that the system calculates penetration *after* it calculates hitting a damage shield. Therefore, the portion of an attack that hits a shield is wasted in terms of a penetration buff. So this passive is important, but the more shield-stacking builds in PvP you face, the less helpful it is.

Thaumaturge: for any build, increases DOT damage. The more you do of this, the more important it becomes.

Master at Arms: a confusing passive that boosts direct damage. What is direct damage? Everything that is not a DOT or AOE...so quite a lot. Some abilities that seem like a DOT can have a direct damage component. Like bow’s Poison injection. It lands for damage the. It procs it’s DOT. So master at arms increases tha portion of poison inject. This is an important passive...look to stack quite a few here.

Reds

Your most important are hardy and elemental defender. These mitigate incoming magic and stamina based damage. They’re the opposite of elemental expert and hardy.

Ironclad. This mitigates incoming direct damage from either stam or magic. These three passives are the core of the red tree...you will put a majority of your points in them.