The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What skills are needed to craft the Alinor Fountain, Timeworn? Or is it broken?

ttraveler
ttraveler
✭✭
I just learned the Alinor Fountain, Timeworn (a blue colored item). However the Enchanting Station will not allow me to craft it. It shows it in red. I have the materials; I'm level 50 in Enchanting; All passives are maxed except Hireling and Keen Eye; I can craft all other items green, blue, and purple at any Enchanting Station.

Is this praxis broken? What else do I need? Do I need to hire a Hireling or have a Keen Eye for this item? That makes no sense.

???

Best Answer

• ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    Where does it indicate that you need some levels in Jewelry?

Just look at the item details and what is needed, the information is all there.
    Mine required level 2 Engraver in Jewelry even though the trunk is categorised as woodworking

Ahhhhhh .... there it is. I just went to a vendor where one was for sale. Sure enough ... there it said Engraver 2.

Thanks for the answer.
    Answer ✓
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, some of the items (or all) require some levels learnt in jewelry skill line before you can craft them.

I wanted to craft an Alinor trunk yesterday and I couldn't as I haven't levelled up my jewelry yet.
    :/
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just look at the item details and what is needed, the information is all there.
    Mine required level 2 Engraver in Jewelry even though the trunk is categorised as woodworking
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..

• ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply duendology.

Where are these additional requirements listed? Usually the item says what materials and achievements are needed. I did not see anything about necessary jewelry requirements needed to craft a fountain when I learned it.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    687xwn.png

And you also need one more ingredient from Summerset.

So, apparently no alinor furniture crafting if one doesn't own Summerset. It sucks
    Edited by duendology on June 3, 2018 4:26PM
    PC/NA
    And..

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    687xwn.png

And you also need one more ingredient from Summerset.

So, apparently no alinor furniture crafting if one doesn't own Summerset. It sucks

It says it on the recipe window as well.