Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

The List of Unwanted One-Shots

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Try not to give me much flak for complaining but we all know of a boss or two with just infuriating attacks that conveniently hit you for just above your max health, no matter your mitigation. Why not create a list of these.. Imma start off with Banished Cells.

Rilis just loves to give you a fast travelling fist full of soul magic that reks if you cant block or dodge in time. My stamblade has 17.6k, the attack hits for 19k. If i block i can mitigate it to 8k but the attack isnt telegraphed and as a stam character youre up in his face so it hits instantly. The other dps and i had to be rezzed like 5 times.

I said this somewhere before but in a fight id rather die from being overwhelmed by bee stings than from a single slap to the face.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized i posted this in player guides and not combat mechanics...

@ZOS_GinaBruno can you please fix my boo boo?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a teachable moment. Maybe build guides is the right place for this :)

Get more health.
  • hamsterontherocksb16_ESO
    Tip for most of those one shot mechanics: Position at an angle. They might not have much of a telegraph (I think all have them but they are sometimes very subtle), but if you stand behind him or to his side you know he is targeting you once he turns to you. Then it is a matter of reflexes indeed. But you probably already know what bosses have these mechanics (SC1 springs to mind), just be extra careful around these encounters and check if he turns to you. Dont stand behind him with your other dps (in my experience DPS never ever stacks, making Combat prayer a double cast for me), but if you consciously position yourself you have a good chance of surviving this.

Edited by hamsterontherocksb16_ESO on May 30, 2018 1:16PM
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Rilis just loves to give you a fast travelling fist full of soul magic that reks if you cant block or dodge in time. My stamblade has 17.6k, the attack hits for 19k. If i block i can mitigate it to 8k but the attack isnt telegraphed and as a stam character youre up in his face so it hits instantly. The other dps and i had to be rezzed like 5 times.

There actually IS a telegraph for this: He always casts it right after his heavy attack. So just watch him attack your tank and hold block once he completes his ha. No-death achievement for BC1 eluded me for ages until I realised this :)