The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alliance Races in ESO

LadySamantha
Started yesterday (yay!) but for some reason was expecting my starting area to be all from my same alliance (Aldmeri Dominion) - but instead have run into Nords and Orcs NPCs along my quest lines, and strangely we were all friendly-ish. Is there a point in the game where these alliances begin to show?

In our household we were BIG fans of DAOC and the way the lands and PVP was divided up between the Hibs, Mids, and Albs and I guess I was thinking this might be similar due to the genius of Matt Firor at the helm.

Not the case?
  • Denidil
    Denidil
    ✭✭✭
    Those of us with Preorders (aka everyone in early access) have a preorder perq that unlocks all races in all alliances (imperial is only for Imperial Edition though)
  • krapmyself
    krapmyself
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people thought having only certain races belonging exclusively to a single faction went against traditional TES lore. Factions in this game are about alliances between countries and not races, it's just that each country is the homeland for a particular race. Like how Skyrim is the homeland of the Nord, but you don't have to be Nord to live there.
  • LadySamantha
    Thanks both!
  • Cicero8
    Cicero8
    as for wanting faction pride. It's there. as you progress through quests it becomes more evident. I play EP (just checking out forums) and DC have killed the son of the owner of one of our keeps. He's pretty pissed and threatened war before i left. He really hates you guys.
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    I feel that we of the DC just have a serious hate for the deadra. Luckily we got a divine covering us ^^
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Strawberrycocoa
    As for NPCs outside the main factions citizenry, you can probably just think of them as immigrants or travelers or refugees. Or maybe their families moved away from their homeland at some point in their past.

Players are probably preorders using the preorder perk of no faction bindings regarding race.
  • Sinjar
    Sinjar
    This is because of the Explorer's Pack. Anyone who pre-ordered the game had this included with their purchase which allows them to pick any race to go with any alliance as well as an in-game companion.

In my opinion this adds realism to the world due to the fact not all members of certain races would align themselves with their political leaders. Limiting the number of Explorer's Packs (if it doesn't become sold separately from the pre-order bonus) will make it even more realistic when the vast majority of races are forced into certain alliances with only a small scattering of outliers.