The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Summerset Housing

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
Could we get a Small and/or Medium sized home as well? The Large and Manor (Crown only) shown on ESO-Live are incredible but very hard to decorate with current item limits.

Would also love to see a Mephala-Lair themed house with spiderwebs and creepy atmosphere!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They mentioned in the stream there will be a smaller apartment as well. It would be nice if we got a medium house like Ald Velothi in Morrowind too though.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I especially was interested in a home or room with the Pjisic Monks on Artaeum as well.

Hopefully that's in the works as well, even if a limited time thing after the initial release like Tel Galen Tower was.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just give us a damn inn room like in Morrowind, but with 100 slots instead of 50 (like in base game apartments)
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see another house that is like the Linchal Grand Manor in the gold coast. Large beautiful manicured gardens and lawns with a sizable house. Having the castle in the back drop should make for a tranquil place.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fervently hoping the boat house they showed is a permanent addition, and we will still see a notable psijiic mages tower on artaeum as the tel Galen type limited house.

Globally I was really disappointed with the houses they showed.
    The town house in alinor is pretty, but also fairly bland. The lack of landscape surrounding it is super disappointing. Manicured gardens and exterior features would've been far superior. The terrace is nice, and certainly huge, but the jail bar fence seems out of keeping and defeats the purpose of the view.

The boat house is a cute gimmick, but as others have said, it is actually, legitimately, too big. How could you ever hope to decorate it unless you just ignored everything but the ship decks/interiors?
    And speaking of, why is the penthouse/suite of the house half a sad ship lodged on top of a cliff? Seriously? At least have there be an intact tower or cottage at least at the top.
    The property itself is lovely of course, but the beauty of the grotto is pretty severely marred by the excessive ship nonsense.
    Leave the full ship at the entrance, awesome, but let the rest of the cavern be more altmer, less pirates of the Caribbean.

I will continue to hold out hope for a psijiic mages tower in the meantime, and look forward to checking this all out in person next week.

As a final aside, and I don't want to sound mean, maybe it was just a bad day or something, but the dev in charge of housing did not seem that stoked about it.
    Maybe put someone in charge of housing that is actually passionate about it so we can see some more exciting additions and changes in the future.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Could we get a Small and/or Medium sized home as well? The Large and Manor (Crown only) shown on ESO-Live are incredible but very hard to decorate with current item limits.

Would also love to see a Mephala-Lair themed house with spiderwebs and creepy atmosphere!

For the Aldmeri Grotto, THAT I will admit could easily prove hard to decorate. But I think I could actually fit 700 items into it, tbh. For starters, unless you REALLY go nuts, the entire ship isn't going to take up all 700 slots. As for the rest of the cove, I think you can fill up the place by placing REALLY BIG furnishings here (aka Daedric statues). Plus, since it's mostly an outdoor location apart from the ship, you won't need to waste as many slots on lighting like you would for other homes (like Dawnlight Palace).

As far as the Alinor Crest Townhouse goes, however, I honestly think 600 slots is fine. There's no way it's going to be as difficult to decorate as other large homes like Hunding's Palatial Hall or Mathiisen Manor. I think one of the reasons is because, well, it's a townhouse! It doesn't have a lot of outdoor pace you have no idea what too do with. Plus, the vertical design of the interior is large enough to not feel cramped, yet small enough to make you look at it and think that decorating is doable! I think it's even a good choice for people wanting a medium-sized home because, even though it's a LARGE home, it doesn't feel overwhelming in size. It feels...cozy! Easily one of the top 10 best-designed homes in the game for me!
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on April 14, 2018 10:10AM
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the Aldmeri Grotto, THAT I will admit could easily prove hard to decorate. But I think I could actually fit 700 items into it, tbh. For starters, unless you REALLY go nuts, the entire ship isn't going to take up all 700 slots. As for the rest of the cove, I think you can fill up pace by placing REALLY BIG furnishings here (aka Daedric statues). Plus, since it's mostly an outdoor location apart from the ship, you won't need to waste as many slots on lighting like you would for other homes (like Dawnlight Palace).

As far as the Alinor Crest Townhouse goes, however, I honestly think 600 slots is fine. There's no way it's going to be as difficult to decorate as other large homes like Hunding's Palatial Hall or Mathiisen Manor. I think one of the reasons is because, well, it's a townhouse! It doesn't have a lot of outdoor pace you have no idea what too do with. Plus, the vertical design of the interior is large enough to not feel cramped, yet small enough to make you look at it and think that decorating is doable! I think it's even a good choice for people wanting a medium-sized home because, even though it's a LARGE home, it doesn't feel overwhelming in size. It feels...cozy! Easily one of the top 10 best-designed homes in the game for me!

I disagree. There is no way that 700 slots will be even remotely enough for that house. Sure you can prolly make it look alright, but there will be many areas that will just feel left unfinished. It's like with every other house. Either decorate absolutely generic with almost no details or decide early which part of your house you completely cut off so it won't feel empty in the end.

Now they also add jewellery furnishings which is completely about detailed decoration without any change to the itemlimit...
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NupidStoob wrote: »

For the Aldmeri Grotto, THAT I will admit could easily prove hard to decorate. But I think I could actually fit 700 items into it, tbh. For starters, unless you REALLY go nuts, the entire ship isn't going to take up all 700 slots. As for the rest of the cove, I think you can fill up pace by placing REALLY BIG furnishings here (aka Daedric statues). Plus, since it's mostly an outdoor location apart from the ship, you won't need to waste as many slots on lighting like you would for other homes (like Dawnlight Palace).

I disagree. There is no way that 700 slots will be even remotely enough for that house. Sure you can prolly make it look alright, but there will be many areas that will just feel left unfinished. It's like with every other house. Either decorate absolutely generic with almost no details or decide early which part of your house you completely cut off so it won't feel empty in the end.

Now they also add jewellery furnishings which is completely about detailed decoration without any change to the itemlimit...

I said 700 items could fit into the grotto's look. I never said that it would be enough for the place to truly be furnished properly. It would be enough for the ship, but the entire grotto? Like I said, it would be difficult. Not IMPOSSIBLE, but very, very hard to do. 700 isn't what I think is enough. It is simply what I know will be the limit. So I can either do nothing but complain about it, or I can attempt to make something of it. As someone who's decorated a notable home or two without even cracking 600 items.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on April 14, 2018 10:15AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    I am fervently hoping the boat house they showed is a permanent addition, and we will still see a notable psijiic mages tower on artaeum as the tel Galen type limited house.

Globally I was really disappointed with the houses they showed.
    The town house in alinor is pretty, but also fairly bland. The lack of landscape surrounding it is super disappointing. Manicured gardens and exterior features would've been far superior. The terrace is nice, and certainly huge, but the jail bar fence seems out of keeping and defeats the purpose of the view.

The boat house is a cute gimmick, but as others have said, it is actually, legitimately, too big. How could you ever hope to decorate it unless you just ignored everything but the ship decks/interiors?
    And speaking of, why is the penthouse/suite of the house half a sad ship lodged on top of a cliff? Seriously? At least have there be an intact tower or cottage at least at the top.
    The property itself is lovely of course, but the beauty of the grotto is pretty severely marred by the excessive ship nonsense.
    Leave the full ship at the entrance, awesome, but let the rest of the cavern be more altmer, less pirates of the Caribbean.

I will continue to hold out hope for a psijiic mages tower in the meantime, and look forward to checking this all out in person next week.

As a final aside, and I don't want to sound mean, maybe it was just a bad day or something, but the dev in charge of housing did not seem that stoked about it.
    Maybe put someone in charge of housing that is actually passionate about it so we can see some more exciting additions and changes in the future.

I was hoping the townhouse would have some "fun" features (like a pool or large fountain or something). The terrace is just a concrete rectangle. There isn't really even any room for plants, other than in the little alcove with the tree. The interior of the house is nice with the separate rooms, but the terrace is definitely bland.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 14, 2018 1:40PM
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping the townhouse would have some "fun" features (like a pool or large fountain or something). The terrace is just a concrete rectangle. There isn't really even any room for plants, other than in the little alcove with the tree. The interior of the house is nice with the separate rooms, but the terrace is definitely bland.

I was looking at the very fast runthrough of the interior again, and it isnt bad. The upper floors with the wood are actually pretty lovely, but the white stone...it wouldve been nice to see some gold or lapis inlay in the walls. The white is a bit much on the first floor.
    But yeah, the terrace is pretty disappointing. I do love those new pergola furnishings though, they are wonderful!
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people(myself included) have been begging for more small and medium houses and what did ZOS do? They gave us an apartment, a large house and a manor-sized house. picard-facepalm.jpg
    Edited by Leogon on April 14, 2018 9:43PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely seemed like the suggested those two were only a couple of the homes coming in the update. I have a feeling they may do an apartment like they did with MW and also offer a medium sized home (they offered large and medium homes with MW).

The boat looked like a crown store limited time thing I'm guessing since they said it was crown only, just like the mushroom tower for MW.

Which is meh. Don't get me wrong, it was impressive. BUT as one of the players that asked for a boat house, it's not what I wanted. I literally just want a boat. I don't want all the other stuff on top of it (which frankly looks like it's just done to create a reason for it to be an expensive crown offering).

One thing they keep forgetting with the homes is location, location, location. There is a reason Sleek Creek and some of the smaller ones are the more popular homes. A boat sitting out in the bay that you click a little dingy on the dock to "enter the door" and take you to your home would have been superior to that. I don't want a home that I have to run a marathon around to get to different stations or parts of the home. Not that they shouldn't have those options, but some unique smaller homes would be good as well. But how awesome would a 'large home' boat be with the entrance sitting right on the dock of a major city and near a wayshrine.

One of the other homes I'd mentioned in the dreaming of new homes thread way back was a tower - not a mushroom one, or one you have to port to each floor on, but one continuous tower with a spiral stair case either going up the middle or around the inside of the outer wall giving you a few floors to do something with. But if the tower is in the middle of nowhere, or added with loading screens going into this door and that door or slapped onto some other giant property so it can be sold as a crown exclusive for $100, then it won't be something I'll get. And it's feeling like that's what they did, looked at what people wished for and then put it behind a reason to make them horribly expensive limited time crown offerings. Which is just a shame it couldn't be split up more. Seems like we will just get basic homes for gold now, with no extra creativity. (at least the art/design work is solid on the game and even most of those smaller homes still look nice, even if they are basic).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • AbyssDragon_2115
    AbyssDragon_2115
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like neither townhouses nor grotto/caves/plains. Prefer houses that contain as well as a building and a adjoining terrain (yard). Everyone has their own tastes on style (Argonian, Imperial, Nibenese etc.) I like - Ebonheart Chateau, Amaya Lake Lodge and Mathiisen Manor.
    What about expectation from Summerset and suggestions? For me would be great Alinor stylish estate in dark retexture located on island - something like College of Sapiarchs. I'm ready to do any achievements to get that.
    ON-place-College_of_Sapiarchs.jpg
    Screenshot_20180601_210847.png
    Screenshot_20180601_211018.png
    Screenshot_20180601_211154.png
    Screenshot_20180601_211405.png
    Which side of a raven has the most feathers?
    The outside.