Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Archer Healer Templar Build?

MikuHagane
MikuHagane
✭✭
So I am looking to play a Templar who uses a bow. I want to be able to do damage and be like a secondary healer for the party. Basically primarily doing damage but healing myself and others if needed.

I was going to focus on ranged Templar attacks with bow skills for damage. In addition I will have a few healing spells and a healing staff in my secondary slot.

This is mostly for helping me get through leveling/questing solo, but once I reach higher level do damage and heal others.

I was wondering what I should put more points into. Magicka or stamina? In addition I was wondering how many bow skills can be upgraded to become magicka skills instead of stamina based, or vice versa with templar skills.

Best Answers

• Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bow is strictly a stamina-based physical weapon with no magicka morphs. Ideally, you only want bow on a pure stamina DPS.

If you want to throw off-heals, Templar has very poor options for stamina characters. Your class heals will be very weak because they scale with max magicka and have no stamina morphs. Vigor from the PvP skill line is your only real option. Warden makes a much better stamina healer since you get a few class heals that actually scale with stamina.
    Answer ✓
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Everything what @SidewalkChalk5 typed is correct.

If you want to use bow and be a healer - stamina Warden is the only solution and it's actually very potent and viable (used in veteran trials).
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
    Answer ✓
  • MikuHagane
    MikuHagane
    ✭✭
    I have tried Warden a lot but I was never a fan of most of the skills. I also had trouble beating a few lower level quests as a Warden....and I was a slightly higher level than recommended. That was when Morrorwind first came out though so maybe there has been changes that help.

I will try it again though.

Thanks Exiars and Chalk!!
    Edited by MikuHagane on June 2, 2018 6:34PM
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    And this thread again shows up that overland content is not easy for new characters, but forum "elites" know better...

Play as DD or at least hybrid DD/healer in overland content. There are posts in threads in forum about stamina Warden healer. Here is my post about it as I plan to create one:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5125082/#Comment_5125082

TL; DR
    Proposed gear:
    2x Sentinel of Rkugamz + 5x Powerful Assault + 5x Shacklebreaker

Powerful Assault is a must set. No ifs. Its 5th bonus is activated when you use Vigor, your main heal.
    But having proper gear is irrelevant until you hit CP 160. Just level up abilities and earn skill points for them and passives.

Proposed skill bars:
    1) Subterranean Assault – Echoing Vigor – Soothing Spores – Expansive Frost Cloak – Bull Netch // Reviving or Replenishing Barrier or Aggressive Warhorn
    2) Efficient Purge – Energy Orb – Bone Surge – Green Lotus – Deceptive Predator // Enchanted Forest

Attributes
    +7 health / +57 stamina

Mundus
    The Warrior

Race
    Whatever you prefer. I play only as Bosmer :).
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.