Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't deconstruct jewelry items

eltheria_ESO
eltheria_ESO
✭✭✭
I have been killing mobs, looting things left and right to get rings/neck items. I get Electrum rings/neckpieces but they still have the "This can not be deconstructed message". Is this a bug?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they dropped after Summerset update, it certainly is a bug.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a screenshot, @eltheria_ESO?
  • eltheria_ESO
    eltheria_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/a/6LQbuz1

Hope this works
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that a glitch with TTC? I would try disabling addons and then see if you can deconstruct those items.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So it doesn't say anything about deconstructable or not, weird.
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Is that a glitch with TTC? I would try disabling addons and then see if you can deconstruct those items.
    Yep, and if it still doesn't work, it's definitely bugged.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • eltheria_ESO
    eltheria_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It shows the it can't decon line. I'll try disabling TTC see if that works
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »

If you look at that picture again, it DOES say "this item cannot be deconstructed". But that's wrong. The OP should be able to deconstruct all of that electrum jewelry. That's why I think TTC screwed up.

PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I notice they are all 0G value whites. This seems odd as well. My jewelry crafter is at level 47 all from deconning looted rings. I have yet to find a single one that dropped after Summerset that can't be deconned. But then all of mine, including the whites, had a gold value >0 too.

Are you getting those from looting in main story quest instances? That and the tutorial are about the only places that 0 value stuff drops.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Kelces wrote: »

If you look at that picture again, it DOES say "this item cannot be deconstructed". But that's wrong. The OP should be able to deconstruct all of that electrum jewelry. That's why I think TTC screwed up.

Right, I missed it. And yes, addond should definitely be checked first, you never know...
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • eltheria_ESO
    eltheria_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Added screenshots showing still can't decon. ALL add-ons have been turned off.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Added screenshots showing still can't decon. ALL add-ons have been turned off.

After turning off all addons, did you quit and reload the game? Don't just logout to character screen.....do a complete quit and reload.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • eltheria_ESO
    eltheria_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have done that and totally logged out and closed everything. Sadly still can't deconstruct the jewelry.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the purple new trait jewelry pieces are not deconstructable. I have several infused pieces that are purple and I would rather try for a purple mat than sell in the guild store. they don't even show up on the decon screen.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure that the "Electrum" jewelry worth 0 gold has been obtained after Summerset dropped?

I have noticed that older (Pre-Summerset) jewelry that I had saved for use in a CWC daily and was worth 0 gold has now become "Electrum" jewelry and is labeled being not deconstructable.

All Jewelry, including new found 0 gold items I have obtained can be deconstructed.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually looking through a few guildstores today, to buy jewelry for deconning. And I found both blue and green Electrum jewelry that had the label of "This item can't be deconstructed" while on the same page it was other blue and green electrum that could be deconstructed :/

I did try with and without add ons, just to be sure
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kazya wrote: »
    I was actually looking through a few guildstores today, to buy jewelry for deconning. And I found both blue and green Electrum jewelry that had the label of "This item can't be deconstructed" while on the same page it was other blue and green electrum that could be deconstructed :/

Jewelry obtained before Summerset cannot be deconned. The ones with that message were obtained prior to Summerset. This is intended. That message helps you avoid wasting gold at a guild trader.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jewelry obtained before Summerset cannot be deconned. The ones with that message were obtained prior to Summerset. This is intended. That message helps you avoid wasting gold at a guild trader.

I actually bought some before I read the label. Doh!

At least now I know what it is.

I have noticed that the trait rings dropped by Psyjiic Portals can't be deconned either. I can understand that they are there for researching, but you only need to research the first one you find.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »

I have noticed that the trait rings dropped by Psyjiic Portals can't be deconned either. I can understand that they are there for researching, but you only need to research the first one you find.

All items that have "exemplary" in their name are excepted from deconstruction. Not only the new jewelry items, but the ones that are given as reward at the end of the Craglorn quest line as well.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

All items that have "exemplary" in their name are excepted from deconstruction. Not only the new jewelry items, but the ones that are given as reward at the end of the Craglorn quest line as well.

Thanks. I tend to just dump them on the nearest merchant now.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »

Thanks. I tend to just dump them on the nearest merchant now.

Exemplary Infused drop rate has been pretty unbalanced compared to the trait material. The exemplary jewelry now sells for 2K or less on guild traders in EU PC :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been killing mobs, looting things left and right to get rings/neck items. I get Electrum rings/neckpieces but they still have the "This can not be deconstructed message". Is this a bug?

this "grains" BS has to STOP. We all hate it. And deconstructing jewelry should return PLATINGS, not grains.

Say you refine a purple ring. That purple ring needed to use 3 zircon platings MINIMUM. That's 30 grains... yet you only get one grain back?? You need to deconstruct at least 30 purple rings, and be extremely lucky, to get enough zircon to make a single purple ring.
    With clothing you need a minimum of 6. Not to mention the fact that Summerset must be owned to use the crafting station which I personally think is a little unfair on the peeps who don't own it yet.

CHANGES ZENIMAX NEEDS TO MAKE:

1: Either make grains and pulverized [insert trait item name here] refine into multiple platings [etc] up to 10, depending on refining perks.
    2: Deconstructing be changed to return platings, not grains.
    3: Jewelry Hireling.
    4: Jeweler that sells jewelry, simple jewelry furnishing designs and Jeweler's Sign. I want my Jeweler's Sign.
    5: Allow everyone to craft jewelry. Even if only when you make it a crown-purchasable DLC. Summerset is good enough on its own, you don't need to withhold Jewelry Crafting just to get people to buy it.
    6: Give everyone who already owns Summerset 10 Chromium Plating and 10 Zircon Plating.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Also the purple new trait jewelry pieces are not deconstructable. I have several infused pieces that are purple and I would rather try for a purple mat than sell in the guild store. they don't even show up on the decon screen.

^ This, I want the trait from this purple jewelry but the only option at the moment is to vend or list it. Please fix this, thanks.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only jewelry that drops in Infused are exemplary infused rings & neclaces from psijic portals which tend to be quite plentiful. If an item is named 'exemplary' it will not be deconstructable; same holds true for the exemplary nirnhoned armor & weapons that drop at the end of the Craglorn quest line.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭

^ This, I want the trait from this purple jewelry but the only option at the moment is to vend or list it. Please fix this, thanks.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are trash items you get from looting containers. They can neither be sold nor deconstructed.
    (nevermind, didnt notice this is from june)
    Edited by Sharee on December 25, 2018 10:45PM
  • Malborn66
    Malborn66
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee is correct, either do not pick them up or Destroy them as they are worthless.

Malborn
    PC-EU