Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When are the chapters?

Prinseth
Prinseth
✭✭✭
So going by the order of release because I completely disagree with being able to start the storyline from Morrowind or Summerset, when exactly do these chapters happen? I know the base game and Imperial City DLC are both in 2E 582 and the Orsinium DLC is in 2E 583, then how long after these would the Daedric War storyline take place?
Edited by Prinseth on May 30, 2018 8:43PM
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood take place after Orsinium, thanks to Gabrielle, so both of those are probably a month.

Morrowind is next, probably late 583, and followed immediately by Clockwork.

Summerset takes place a few months after Morrowind, since we have Veya's journals to judge that amount of time passing.

With all this info, I think the timeline is:

2e582

The Main Quest and the Imperial City.

2e583
    Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, and Morrowind/Clockwork.

2e584

Summerset.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defined time in DLC stopped with Orsinium when a book said it was 2E 583.

They seem to have gone back on it and directly said that they do not want a defined time, and Morrowind was supposed to have been taking place at the same time as the Planemeld.

I assume Summerset is the same.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Defined time in DLC stopped with Orsinium when a book said it was 2E 583.

They seem to have gone back on it and directly said that they do not want a defined time, and Morrowind was supposed to have been taking place at the same time as the Planemeld.

I assume Summerset is the same.

ye from now on, its up to you, personally I say that Dark Brotherhood was at the end of 583 with shadows of the his around the last month, and Morro begins in 584 and Summerset is around end of the summer and middle of autumn of 584 and the last DLC of this year will be the end of 584
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    All chapter and DLC zones have corresponded with the current IRL season when they were released (Wrothgar late autumn, the Gold Coast and Vvardenfell in summer, etc.). The Orsinium DLC also takes place in late 2E 583, a year and a half after the game begins in early 2E 582; it was released in late 2015, a year and a half after ESO was first released in early 2014. This implies that the progression of time in ESO is the same as IRL. That would mean Morrowind takes place in summer 2E 585, and Summerset in 586. ZOS has definitely tried to make it so that things can be played in any order; but there's still a clear order of progression lore-wise: It is clear that the Clockwork City takes place after Morrowind and Summerset after Clockwork City, if you pay attention to the story.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭

After seeing Sotha Sil in Artaeum I imagined that these two events - the Clockwork City events and the return of Artaeum with Summerset events as happening at the same time with Sotha Sil travelling back and forth.

Edited by Eporem on June 1, 2018 2:37PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no definite dates. All we know is Summerset is after Clockwork, which is after Morrowind, which is after DB and TG, which is after Orsinium, which is after the Planemeld.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time is really only relevant to rp. Most of the rp i do we have a timeline based on real time. 4yrs since release? Its been 4 years ingame for us. Trying to date dlc for any TES game is rough, I don't recommend it

I mean, if you try and keep within the few examples in ESO, 4 years has only got us like 2yrs in.
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    After seeing Sotha Sil in Artaeum I imagined that these two events - the Clockwork City events and the return of Artaeum with Summerset events as happening at the same time with Sotha Sil travelling back and forth.

The only issue with that is
    Sotha Sil is trapped in his Observatory for the entirety of the Clockwork storyline, and presumably since the end of Morrowind.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭

Sotha Sil is trapped in his Observatory for the entirety of the Clockwork storyline, and presumably since the end of Morrowind.

He might not have been.

oxthT1A.jpg

and this might be his portal

1mWdpMN.jpg

Edited by Eporem on June 6, 2018 4:41PM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Time broke
    Time is really only relevant to rp. Most of the rp i do we have a timeline based on real time. 4yrs since release? Its been 4 years ingame for us. Trying to date dlc for any TES game is rough, I don't recommend it

I mean, if you try and keep within the few examples in ESO, 4 years has only got us like 2yrs in.
    All chapter and DLC zones have corresponded with the current IRL season when they were released (Wrothgar late autumn, the Gold Coast and Vvardenfell in summer, etc.). The Orsinium DLC also takes place in late 2E 583, a year and a half after the game begins in early 2E 582; it was released in late 2015, a year and a half after ESO was first released in early 2014. This implies that the progression of time in ESO is the same as IRL.
    Basically : this !

So one can just use one's own roleplay timeline, for the need of the part, and from the character's own perception of time.

I clarify with "T.E." Time:Exact/Estimated, for RP time in game noted with the same amount as time IRL

But one other may prefer to imagine we're all locked in 2E583 with different adventures taking place in different places. It's possible too, since the day/night cycle I.G. is way shorter than IRL and since all our characters are not connected round-the-clock anyway
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • LickingHistSap
    LickingHistSap
    ✭✭✭

He might not have been.

oxthT1A.jpg

and this might be his portal

1mWdpMN.jpg

Nah, the Clockwork City quest reveals Sotha Sil's shadow has been stolen and is pretending to be him, while the shadowless and powered down Sotha Sil is stuck in his chair, locked in by the Skeleton Key.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]Nah, the Clockwork City quest reveals Sotha Sil's shadow has been stolen and is pretending to be him, while the shadowless and powered down Sotha Sil is stuck in his chair, locked in by the Skeleton Key.[/quote]

Sorry, I do not mean to derail this thread though realize I do a bit - for I am a bit confused now of this lore mentioned. Lilatha is shadowless as well though still able to travel and I really thought in the Clockwork City quest line Sotha Sil gave the Skeleton key to the Dunmer Divayth Fyr for safekeeping. Unless it is the shadow of Sotha Sil that we see in Artaeum when the Shadow was pretending to be him.

Edited by Eporem on June 12, 2018 12:09AM