The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Elf Bane on Back Bar Only? Does it work?

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Magicka

(3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage

(4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage

(5 items) Increases duration of your Flame Damage abilities by 2 seconds.

If I use the set for my back bar and use a flame ability that lasts 8 seconds normally, it will then become 10 seconds.
However, if I switch to my front bar, does it lose 2 seconds? Or do the 2 extra seconds remain because I activiated the skill on the same bar that elf bane was on?

Thanks very much if you can respond :)
  • AlexTheLion
    AlexTheLion
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming this is for PvE you wouldn’t want to back bar elf bane. Ideally you’d want the rings, chest, and legs. Honestly tho if you aren’t gonna be running Zaan with elf bane it’s better to swap out elf bane for something else.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it works. Have tested and confirmed. Anything that you cast while the set is completed on that bar, will be properly extended in duration even if you swap bars.
    However, I will also note that Elf Bane is a little picky in exactly what it applies to in the first place, so if you end up testing yourself to confirm, make sure that it actually applies to what you're using to test with lol ;)

I tested it on my MagDK and off the top of my head it applies properly to Burning Embers, Engulfing Flames, and Flame Clench/Reach.
    It did NOT extend the duration of Flames of Oblivion though, so I guess that's not counted as DoT effect even though it kinda functions as one.
    And I don't remember if it applied to Wall of Elements.

However... it DOES apply to Zaan... in a painfully broken way. It does extend its duration by two seconds... and yes the damage continues to scale for both the two extra ticks. It's... It's really busted. Will probably get nerfed/fixed soon once more people find out about it and start using/abusing it.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will probably get nerfed/fixed soon once more people find out about it and start using/abusing it.

lol

Everybody knows about it; we're just not using it because we're all secretly scared to actually invest in the gear and get instaboned by the nerf hammer 60 seconds later in a hotfix.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will probably get nerfed/fixed soon once more people find out about it and start using/abusing it.

lol

Everybody knows about it; we're just not using it because we're all secretly scared to actually invest in the gear and get instaboned by the nerf hammer 60 seconds later in a hotfix.

Well, whatever the reason, I'm relieved that PvP isn't a massive swarming mass of cancer-exploiters all spamming it around every corner.
    I can barely tolerate the levels of cheese already present -.-
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+