The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

You dont need a penetration set for stam in **TRIALS**

Ihatenightblades
Ihatenightblades
✭✭✭✭✭
I been doing some calculations i dnt know what would hit hardest but i think these are some interesting ways to use stam in trials.

With warrior mundus ( which imo would be most ideal ) this is what it would take to reach pen cap at 18,200

Alkosh/torugs
4000 penetration into cp
Krags monster set 2 pc
Stamplar minor fracture.
Puncture major fracture

That setup in trials would allow stam to use FULL damage sets AND use warrior mundus. We have had one stam use all damage sets before but can you imagine 4 stam using all damage sets with warrior mundus and still being at pen cap?!

I think the above setup would be best even if its not 100% uptime on penetration.

Another way you can go is use 1 penetration set ( tfs or spriggan ) and 1 damage set ( hundings or automaton etc ) with a monster set of choice ( velidreth, storm, mephala, selenes ) and use warrior mundus stone with 3000 into penetration cp. as long as tanks got alkosh and torugs you should be at cap.

Another way to go in would be all stam uses lover mundus which would allow them to use monster set of choice less points into cp pen and can still use 2 damage sets.

Im on console so this is all theory but what do you guys think do you think stam can still out perform mag dps?

Let me know.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't really care about PvE but from what I've heard stam can still outperform magicka in parses. No shields though :/ .

It's true that you can still hit the max pen value for trial bosses by putting 51 points ~ 4k pen into cp. But since I don't know, how the scaling of piercing in the cp tree works, I am hesitant to tell you that it's in fact more effective than using the lover+fewer cp in piercing.

I mean all the maths behind gear/cp optimisation is very basic but tedious. If you really want to know what's best, find out for yourself and don't ask for uninformed opinions on the forums, people on here will tell you anything. Also I'm certain some players have already run the numbers and posted the results on Reddit or so.

Note: One benefit of the lover, is that you can build in a way that makes you less reliant on the tank for penetration,which is useful for killing crystals in vCR for example.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another way is to just use Relequen and not care about the rest of the world.

218_copy.jpg
    Edited by themaddaedra on May 31, 2018 11:54PM
    PC|EU