Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BEWARE the Barbaric hair (texture glitches!)

• Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    So nothing that affects gameplay, and nothing that affects all costumes / outfits? Big deal! Of course I'd like this fixed, but have you ever noticed how earlier Bethesda games didn't have long hairstyles at all? You had to download community mods for those. It seems Bethesda didn't want to go there, because it typically causes clipping issues. Compared to earlier games I find the selection of hairstyles in ESO really good, and we've had a popular long one from the get go. Yes, it would be good, if this was fixed. On the other hand, from using community mods in Skyrim and Oblivion, I'm used to clipping issues. It seems this is a difficult problem to solve. If it is a case of having long hairstyles that only work with half the outfits in the game, versus not having them at all, then I choose the former. I also wouldn't want this hairstyle modified so it sticks out more and looks unnatural, if that's what it takes to fix clipping issues.

I'm a 3D modeller and texture artist and this mesh is a mess and it has no business being sold for money. This game has collision physics that could be used to stop clipping at the shoulders or to make life even simpler, weight the long hair to the shoulders and it won't move as you do but it also won't clip (unless the costume has a very big collar). The face clipping is also unacceptable as the hair should be weighted to the face bones to avoid this. They already do this with every other hair which is why when you change your forehead slope in CC, the hair morphs to fit your new head shape.

But the clipping isn't even the worst part. The hair cards are are showing up without transparency which looks like some sort of Z buffer conflict with outfits that have their own transparency. I just don't see how this wasn't picked up during testing.

Edited by Saccarius on June 1, 2018 11:57AM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
    Say hello, I'll say hello back.
    Gaymer
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serious issues with this costume, too. This is one of the costumes you get as a reward for doing all the Wrothgar quests. On the left is how the costume is supposed to look. On the right, with the Barbarian hair. This is unacceptable. If this isn't fixed, I'm going to request my money back, and I've never asked for my money back on ANYTHING in ESO.

41761078474_e85ff6d511_o.png

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This hair needs some work from ZoS. I'm sure they don't like to revisit stuff once they've moved on to the next item to make money off of, but this hair was disappointing in more ways than one. Worse than the clipping issue is the horrible model work on it, the textures and the way the light/shadow plays off of it are terrible. Some of the worst work I've seen in this game and after watching how their work has improved so much in armor, this was a real let down.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Shadowdream
    Shadowdream
    ✭✭✭
    I was a little disappointed that none of the items worked on my Khajiit, but that lipstick! I almost bought it for the hair and tattoo, but that lipstick is AWFUL on every character I tried it on.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word this will be fixed yet, ZOS?
  • the_other_Alice
    the_other_Alice
    ✭✭✭
    I could not agree more, wasted money until the hair and the lipstick get fixed - do not buy!
    ""I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE. "
    (Terry Pratchett)
    “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
    ( Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass)

"I don't think..."
    "Then you shouldn't talk", said the Hatter.”

(Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)
    - Gildenleitung Not like the Otters -
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    From patch notes:

Removed the lipstick from the Eye-Briar Gemmed tattoo.
    Fixed an issue where the Barbaric Windblown Hair could display patches of gray when used with some costumes.

yay!