The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Forwarding Quests for Story/Skill Point Quests

Geekgirl
Geekgirl
✭✭✭
A humble request for the story line design developers to create a new character and try to follow the skill point quests without any game knowledge.
Many do not have bridge quests to lead the player to the next quest. This needs a small bit of updating to keep things fluid.

Thank you!
PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • TarrNokk
    TarrNokk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geekgirl wrote: »
    A humble request for the story line design developers to create a new character and try to follow the skill point quests without any game knowledge.
    Many do not have bridge quests to lead the player to the next quest. This needs a small bit of updating to keep things fluid.

Thank you!

I would suggest bringing up an example of a specific main story quest that does not give a quest to the next main story quest. I really doubt Zos is going to have someone do all the main story quests in each zone being most of this has been out for 4 years with nary a complaint.

Just a suggestion.
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    @idk yes, good point.

The very first skill point awarding quest chain in Daggerfall culminates in a smallish event.
    Once that is completed the target of the event announces that you can go ahead and assist with the big bad person associated with said event. And you are awarded a prize and a skill point.

Once zoning back into the main part of the world, NPC dialogue changes to indicate that your character has done something major.

At this point there is NO indication of where to go next to follow this thread. The next point is a considerable distance away with no hints or indicators as to how to get there.

I know we can look it up online, but a bridge quest would be better.

I am going through this for the very first time NOT doing side quests. As I find more I will post them.

@ZOS_GinaBruno or whomever, please do say if I am not being clear enough as to which quest I am referring to.
    Edited by Geekgirl on May 31, 2018 4:49PM
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline