Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

BG Deathmatch doesn't reward survival?

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I never really played these before. I had 10 Kills, 1 Death, 11 Assists. A guy with 13 Kills and 17 Assists, but also 10 Deaths had almost double the points and topped the leaderboard. I came in 3rd. I don't get it. If this was scored like soccer, e.g. by goal difference, we'd be equal. Although I never tot it up, I've always considered Kill / Death ratio important from a psychological point of view. Out of lukewarm interest, how does one top the leaderboard?
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    I never really played these before. I had 10 Kills, 1 Death, 11 Assists. A guy with 13 Kills and 17 Assists, but also 10 Deaths had almost double the points and topped the leaderboard. I came in 3rd. I don't get it. If this was scored like soccer, e.g. by goal difference, we'd be equal. Although I never tot it up, I've always considered Kill / Death ratio important from a psychological point of view. Out of lukewarm interest, how does one top the leaderboard?
    Leaderboards are based on the sum of all your medals in each match for that week. Winning matches and having a high KD are irrelevant except in the sense that they can raise your medal score.

I’ve placed #1 on the BG leaderboards over a dozen times now since launch and have hit that spot In deathmatch on all four of my level 50s... so Please believe that I’m not just being a sore loser when I say that it’s the most meaningless leaderboard of all the leaderboards. It is entirely a function of how many battlegrounds you play.

I really really wish that only medal scores in matches that your team WINS would count. But unfortunately that’s not the case. Being good helps because you get more medals by playing well... but spending more time playing helps more.

Placing as #1 in the leaderboard gets you the same reward tier as placing in spot #100. AFAIK that didn’t change with summerset.
    Edited by Thogard on May 31, 2018 8:17AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh. There is a weekly leaderboard :D ? I didn't know / care to look. I'm probably the person who cares the least about achievements in this game :).

I was actually just talking about the summary screen at the end of the BG. My question boils down to: "Why did the guy with 13K 10D 17A get 4500 points, whereas I got 2500 points with 10K 1D 11A?"
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Oh. There is a weekly leaderboard :D ? I didn't know / care to look. I'm probably the person who cares the least about achievements in this game :).

I was actually just talking about the summary screen at the end of the BG. My question boils down to: "Why did the guy with 13K 10D 17A get 4500 points, whereas I got 2500 points with 10K 1D 11A?"

Friend, just look at those medals you got in the game, Medals = Scroe. K/D/A and Medals don't necessarily correlate (depends on the mode you are playing).
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he's getting more heals and assists he'll get more points than you. Plus there's a few more medals for tanking and damage dealing.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scores in BGs don't mean anything. I just try to not look at the board until the end and have fun and win the match. I know that if i am going for objectives I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I am near the top most matches but that is because I get tunnel-vision for objectives and capture flags while the other two teams are battling it out.

Deathmatch is a different story of course.
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    Being aware of how you get medals will help you get a higher score. Other than killing blows and assists, the medals that will boost you score are the ones for damage and healing done.

If you do 500k damage, you'll get an additional 750 points. Do 375k in healing, get another 750 points. As long as the game isn't totally one sided and over too quickly even stam toons can hit the 375k in healing. The 500k damage is easy to achieve in, 1mil+ damage is not uncommon.

String together some killing blows in quick succession, get bonus medals for double, triple and quadruple kills.

There is no penalty for death medal in terms of medals/personal score. You can be on the losing side and still have a higher score than anyone on the winning team. You still don't want to spend much time dead. Can't do damage, heal, or tag people for assists if spend all of your time respawning.