The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds mode variety...its gone, here always deathmatches

Anethum
Anethum
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno You listened to ppl who said give us to choose mode. but u didn't listened to those ones(Me including, who asked to separate premades and randoms in a queue in addition to matchmaking.
Didn't u got still data's which prove this?
Its a trash now.
80% deathmatches - meat for most primitive thinking fighters, who don't get meaning of beautiful fight and challenge, but just farm ap for idk what, or like want always win-win with no matter which instruments (sload bg broken meta reveals this clean as barselona sky).
When u listen them - u ruin tamriel.
It's negative social filtration.
It's lIke to not care about ecology in real world.
I think some modes should be upgraded to be more interesting, but...hell I want variety, i don't want to always chaosbal, or deathmatch etc...i didn't and will not use "only deathmatch" wueue because of that. we play because it should be less routine than real life job...but it don't.
Edited by Anethum on May 30, 2018 7:07AM
@Anethum from .ua
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the most common mode being deathmatch. But what I'd love to see is more flag games. Problem is, many players que for random, and many others que for deathmatch. So when you use for random you get thrown in the que that needs you the most.

Solution? Click specific games and que for those. It's what I do for more flag games.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude just filter out deathmatch. It's that easy. What's the issue here?
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please stop trying to adjust BG!? Since trials it's the first thing that's been actually fun in years!

Just leave it alone.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    possibility to choose dm in queue is great! it is the only thing keeps me in bg. yes im one of most primitive thinking fighters but its fun and i dont need a team to play
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meat for primitive thinking fighters.... lol. Get the hell over yourself.

Bgs in eso are not intelligent in the slightest. The various game modes are casual party game experiences. If BGs were done well as they have been in countless other mmos, you would have smart objective play baked into the dna of pvp encounters as opposed to systems that openly promote and reward avoiding confrontation (often, not always). The reason DM is so populat is because despite the sigil nonsense, DM provides the most reliable platform to outplay other players, of which a players actual ability to pvp carries the most weight and moreso than any other game mode, allows stronger players to influence the outcome of a match.

If you enjoy playing ring around the rosey, and trying to kill the neckbeard try hard tank that wedges himself between a bookshelf with the chaos ball so targeting him becomes a technical burden, that is entirely your call, but dont insult those that appreciate indulging in an outlet that lets them actually outplay the opposition.

I say that with the added caveat that 3 team 3 way bgs are trash and inherently non competitive. DM is simply the best middle ground.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think the other game modes will ever be as popular as death match until zos finds a way to make it so they reward players who pvp and not players who build super tanky builds and just hold block ,
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will annoy me if i keep getting DM in the grabbag.

I agree we need variety. I started hoping for DM but quickly realized other tactics to win are fun. And prefer to have other things to focus on.

DMs have a short sehlf life.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It will annoy me if i keep getting DM in the grabbag.

I agree we need variety. I started hoping for DM but quickly realized other tactics to win are fun. And prefer to have other things to focus on.

DMs have a short sehlf life.

Take it up with the devs responsible for designing the bgs. When you give people choice, the most attractive options are always dominate. Forcing players to play poorly designed game modes that the majority find awful soley for the sake of diversity is not the answer.

The answer is make better BGs.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Bgs in eso are not intelligent in the slightest. The various game modes are casual party game experiences. If BGs were done well as they have been in countless other mmos, you would have smart objective play baked into the dna of pvp encounters as opposed to systems that openly promote and reward avoiding confrontation (often, not always). The reason DM is so populat is because despite the sigil nonsense, DM provides the most reliable platform to outplay other players, of which a players actual ability to pvp carries the most weight and moreso than any other game mode, allows stronger players to influence the outcome of a match.

If you enjoy playing ring around the rosey, and trying to kill the neckbeard try hard tank that wedges himself between a bookshelf with the chaos ball so targeting him becomes a technical burden, that is entirely your call, but dont insult those that appreciate indulging in an outlet that lets them actually outplay the opposition.

I say that with the added caveat that 3 team 3 way bgs are trash and inherently non competitive. DM is simply the best middle ground.

It is the most basic form of pvp. OutKill the other team. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact. Doesn't get any more primitive than that. A basic mode for those looking for a basic experience.

Feel insulted all you like, but I welcome you to dispute that DM aren't the most basic form of pvp.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »
    exeeter702 wrote: »

It is the most basic form of pvp. OutKill the other team. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact. Doesn't get any more primitive than that. A basic mode for those looking for a basic experience.

Feel insulted all you like, but I welcome you to dispute that DM aren't the most basic form of pvp.

The statement was dissmisive and belittling. And a sentiment felt by those who would rather hide behind gimmicks as opposed to shear player execution and decision making. Its why pvp avenues like wows arenas were ever as popular as they were at the hight of that game. Players that truly appreciate good pvp desire a platform where their ability is of the utmost importance. And likewise great BG design demonstrates a marriage of engaging objectives that force players to engage one another while playing around the goal. Swtor did this marvelously. Eso bgs are weak and DM is populat as it is because it guarantees small scale bouts that many desperately fish for in the cesspool thst is cyrdoil and IC.

Ofc you have the crowd that thinks strategy on a large skill is far more epic and take great pride in firing wagons at keep walls.

If you think the intimacy of players going back and forth, setting up combos, baiting player reactions, using los intelligently, prioritzing targets etc etc. Is primitive unless there is also a ball you have to hold on to or a cap you have to back door, then that is on you.

And this is coming from someone who loved huttball like a second child.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude just filter out deathmatch. It's that easy. What's the issue here?

Dude, do u think its logic to queue random battleground but to play almost everytime deathmatch?
    If u chose another mode with your hand, it become something stupid - every time to chose because random queue doesn't provide real random.
    And I'm not happy of such choice here.
    Mostly because of more important thing - premades stomps randoms and last ones have no choice to prevent this.
    There is giant mistake in priority of queue improving... populism to make happy for 1 day people who go pvp without tactics or strategy - "we don't want think, we want deathmeat!"

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I want choice in group finder "solo queue" for battlegrounds, possible only for PUGs.
    Edited by Anethum on May 30, 2018 8:07PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep the game is ruined because ZOS decided to finally listen to their customers and let them play the way they want to, and now BGs are more popular than ever. Wait what were we talking about again? Oh yes, the game is ruined. Woe is me.
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can agree with OP. I queue for random, I've done dozens and dozens and dozens of BGs since Summerset. 99% are death match, I've had 2 domination, 2 capture the relic, one Chaos ball, no crazy king. People say, "well just queue for anything but deathmatch - then you're waiting a half and hour to play.

I don't mind deathmatch. I just wish ZOS would encourage the other modes by way of increased AP. They should do what they do with trails, and every week select one BG mode (besides deathmatch) that receives double AP.
    Edited by Riggsy on June 1, 2018 11:42AM
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    It makes it easier to get onto the land grab and flag games leaderboards.