Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Immaculate Construction projects

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really cool - just made building my library so much easier. Question - is it possible to make it with alternating objects? Say, dark rough stone and light rought stone?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    This is really cool - just made building my library so much easier. Question - is it possible to make it with alternating objects? Say, dark rough stone and light rought stone?

@Jaeysa This has been requested a number of times, so to help everyone achieve this alternating stone look, I've updated Immaculate Construction. Version 0.99e now automatically alternates between two different source items. Just add the first stack, wait for rendering to complete, and then add the second stack of different items; then construct as normal. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKCeNBQCY7I&list=PLxkqemlv6asjIQMhFMzfhZUsjGtMZngzs&index=11
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @Jaeysa This has been requested a number of times, so to help everyone achieve this alternating stone look, I've updated Immaculate Construction. Version 0.99e now automatically alternates between two different source items. Just add the first stack, wait for rendering to complete, and then add the second stack of different items; then construct as normal. :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKCeNBQCY7I&list=PLxkqemlv6asjIQMhFMzfhZUsjGtMZngzs&index=11
    Steely-eyed Missile-man ftw! :smiley:

• Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg you are awesome, thanks!!!
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaeysa wrote: »
    Omg you are awesome, thanks!!!

@Jaeysa @OmniDo
    No problemo! <3
    Edited by R_K on April 10, 2018 2:41PM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playin around on PTS eh?
    If only the item counts werent so limited...oh teh orbs we could have.
  • playfull_kitten
    playfull_kitten
    ✭✭✭
    First of, thank you for making this fanastic addon! It is much appreciated. How can i make a simple row of chairs or books etc?

This one likes to play.....
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of, thank you for making this fanastic addon! It is much appreciated. How can i make a simple row of chairs or books etc?

@playfull_kitten You are quite welcome - and thank you! For just a row of items, you can actually use the Wall shape. Set the Height to 1 and you should get yourself a row of whichever item you added. Also, don’t forget that if you add equal numbers of two or more types of items, you can also create alternating patterns (as in the case of two equal size blocks of different colors or perhaps a row of varying flowers). ;)
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any suggestions on straightening these lazers up? Keep up the great work and TY.
    https://youtu.be/QAZLv6OSUVc
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pardon me, "Photon torpedos"...
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made an airship with your awesome housing tools

ux9FeGn.jpg
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    I made an airship with your awesome housing tools

ux9FeGn.jpg

@ixie That is really, really well done Ixie -- kudos to you!! I'd love to see more pictures if you want to post them, or even if you further extend the scene. Either way, it looks great! Keep up the good work! :wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    Any suggestions on straightening these lazers up? Keep up the great work and TY.
    https://youtu.be/QAZLv6OSUVc

@swankery Hiya! First -- awesome, awesome job on that animation! I am super psyched to see people starting to learn and use that part of the tool because I feel like there is so much potential and your lasers -- excuse me, photon torpedos -- showcase that so well!

To answer your question: I am in the process of completely changing the underlying calculations for Immaculate Construction and tying it into Essential Housing Tools, so eventually you'll be able to create a shape -- like a line of crystals from Point A to Point B and capture it, as it renders, as a Scene in Essential Housing Tools. Buuuuuuuut, until that's done, I would suggest this...

Use Immaculate Construction to create a line of crystals (a beam, so to speak) outward from the ship's front. Once you get a straight line or beam, then using Essential Housing Tools to select (using Selection Mode "Contiguous, Same as Target") the beam. Create a new Scene from that selection. Then add a 2nd frame and use Essential to move the entire beam as one unit forward. Add a 3rd frame, repeat. This process should get you a fairly smooth (and perfectly formed) beam. If you have any issues though, please don't hesitate to reach out!
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Daileth has to take credit for the animation part. Tank you!! You a gem.
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Wow, everyone, these are all so interesting and fun! We especially loved the airship and the Enterprise vs Borg diorama, and we could stare at The Mystery Orb for hours. Thanks so much for sharing, we can't wait to see more!
    Staff Post
  • Daileth
    Daileth
    ✭✭
    @R_K,

Animator is awesome! Can finally give others the experience of visualizing one's mind's eye. Transformers, Voltron cats, light cycles (Tron), folding rooms, etc... Props for making this stuff happen! Super glad you've brought these tools to the community.

Definitely would love the ability to add and remove items on the fly to/from group when in animator.

An example, 10 frames in; having starting with a group of 9 Dream Shards, the ability to add 3 Varla Stones in an on state every 3rd frame, off every 6th frame, without starting over from scratch. Effectively being able to add items on the fly, to the original group. This would be a significant next level step for the animator.

Often I've gotten halfway through an animation and wanted to add or remove items without starting over. (Current work around seems to always having enough forethought to start with what is needed for entirety of the animation which is great if story-boarding but tedious for on the fly proofs.

An even more ideal solution, imo perhaps, would be to have the ability to store and work with more than one group of items. (i.e. the ability to create additional and separate groups, expressed as tabs, that could be used dynamically in conjunction with the original starting group of items.)

Brainstorming some thoughts more than anything. Glad to have the new functions more than anything.

Keep up that stellar work! Many Thanks :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daileth wrote: »
    @R_K,

Animator is awesome! Can finally give others the experience of visualizing one's mind's eye. Transformers, Voltron cats, light cycles (Tron), folding rooms, etc... Props for making this stuff happen! Super glad you've brought these tools to the community.

Definitely would love the ability to add and remove items on the fly to/from group when in animator.

An example, 10 frames in; having starting with a group of 9 Dream Shards, the ability to add 3 Varla Stones in an on state every 3rd frame, off every 6th frame, without starting over from scratch. Effectively being able to add items on the fly, to the original group. This would be a significant next level step for the animator.

Often I've gotten halfway through an animation and wanted to add or remove items without starting over. (Current work around seems to always having enough forethought to start with what is needed for entirety of the animation which is great if story-boarding but tedious for on the fly proofs.

An even more ideal solution, imo perhaps, would be to have the ability to store and work with more than one group of items. (i.e. the ability to create additional and separate groups, expressed as tabs, that could be used dynamically in conjunction with the original starting group of items.)

Brainstorming some thoughts more than anything. Glad to have the new functions more than anything.

Keep up that stellar work! Many Thanks :)

@Daileth Ok, so I have good news for you and I have good news for you:

The Good news:
    You can already save and load selections of items on the "Select" tab using the [ Load / Save Selection ] button. Woot! So, you can select a whole, say, Living Room setup -- save it as "Living Room" -- and then [ Clear Selection ], head over to the Bedroom, select all of its furniture, and save that selection as "Bedroom". Then, you can later load either of those furniture selections -- and, on that [ Load / Save Selection ] dialog window, there's a checkbox that even allows you to restore the selection's items to their last saved positions if you want to re-select the items AND move them back to where you saved them.

The Other Good news:
    I am going to create a new Thread after I post this to serve as a community-sourced Dev Task List for Essential Housing Tools so we can all collaborate on the add-on as a whole and I can track all of these awesome suggestions and requests in one, publicly visible place (as well as tick them off as each item is completed). I'll put this item -- Add/Remove Scene Items -- at the very top to start us off. :wink:
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Thanks @R_K!
    B)B)B)
    Edited by swankery on May 25, 2018 10:37PM
  • Diora
    Diora
    ✭✭✭
    Oh it's you! I just wanted to publicly thank you for giving me a way to put books on shelves in an orderly fashion. Saved me hours of frustration! Your addons are awesome :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    Yay! Thanks @R_K!
    B)B)B)

@swankery No problemo ...and please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any suggestions/comments/questions/issues at all! :smile:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diora wrote: »
    Oh it's you! I just wanted to publicly thank you for giving me a way to put books on shelves in an orderly fashion. Saved me hours of frustration! Your addons are awesome :)

@Diora Haha, I am so, so glad to hear that -- that's music to my ears! And again, please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any requests for features, etc. down the road! :smile:
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, is there a way to make a circular floor with the floor/circle functions? I tried using multiples of the statue base item that was on the luxury vendor this past weekend, to make a rounded floor, but for eg. with the circle function I get the opening in the middle, like a donut. Is there a way to have this filled in, or use the floor function and get a rounded floor? Thanks in advance for your help!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Hi, is there a way to make a circular floor with the floor/circle functions? I tried using multiples of the statue base item that was on the luxury vendor this past weekend, to make a rounded floor, but for eg. with the circle function I get the opening in the middle, like a donut. Is there a way to have this filled in, or use the floor function and get a rounded floor? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @Jaimeh ! So, I have to apologize because I don't have enough Circular Bases; but, using the Square Bases, I threw together a quick video to show you how you could construct a larger, circular shape using multiple "rings." So, to fill in the donut's hole, in the case of your circular floor, you may want to construct a second, smaller, inner ring -- using the same circular bases -- that fills in that gap left by your larger, outer ring. Let me know if this helps or if I perhaps misunderstood your question though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9icue8a0aU
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Jaimeh ! So, I have to apologize because I don't have enough Circular Bases; but, using the Square Bases, I threw together a quick video to show you how you could construct a larger, circular shape using multiple "rings." So, to fill in the donut's hole, in the case of your circular floor, you may want to construct a second, smaller, inner ring -- using the same circular bases -- that fills in that gap left by your larger, outer ring. Let me know if this helps or if I perhaps misunderstood your question though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9icue8a0aU

Thank you @R_K, that worked perfectly! Concentric circles was my hunch too--I made two variants for practice: the first one has a different angle on the outer circle (the inner needs to be raised slightly), and then second is uniform (though I'd need additional items to make the edges smoother). To say Immaculate Construction is brilliant and I <3 it, would be an understatement! :smiley:

9byhY9j.jpg

ELsNboM.jpg
  • HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    This is so satisfying to watch :smiley:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Thank you @R_K, that worked perfectly! Concentric circles was my hunch too--I made two variants for practice: the first one has a different angle on the outer circle (the inner needs to be raised slightly), and then second is uniform (though I'd need additional items to make the edges smoother). To say Immaculate Construction is brilliant and I <3 it, would be an understatement! :smiley:

@Jaimeh I am so glad that that worked well for your project! I hope you share with us the final product when you are all done! And, of course, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions :smiley: !!!
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so satisfying to watch :smiley:

@HappyElephant I can honestly say -- watching the add-on build stuff can be... mesmerizing almost? Does that sound crazy?
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, maybe the solution to the item count is to render objects just before they would be in view? For instance, if you move from a house to a courtyard, all the indoor items are removed and outside items placed during the door black screen?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was using this for my tower I built, its amazing since I would never have come close on my own. But do you recon that there will be a way to stack multiple circles?
    What I mean by this is that I have to do it floor by floor, and it kind of gets weird. Would it be possible to specify 100 items, 10 per row, increasing Y value of [whatever] and it would build it 10 high every whatever Y.
    Edited by ak_pvp on June 1, 2018 3:06AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.