The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's a calian?

myskyrim26
myskyrim26
✭✭✭✭✭
In a new Summerset book called The Price of Praxis I came across a term "calian". English is not my native, so I looked it up in several dictionaries, including those providing definition. Nothing found.
According to the book, a calian is a pristine sphere made from milky aethequartz and sun-blown glass. What I need to figure out, is how to translate the word "calian". Is there some connection to a real word, or is it just a ESO word? And how do I pronounce it?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that's an Altmeri word, like nebarra, ceruval, etc. etc. Some of these words can be explained by NPC dialogue, but some just remain a matter of context.

GIVE ME A DAMNED LEXICON OF YOUR PRETENTIOUSLY CONDESCENDING LANGUAGE, YOU STUCK UP MER.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    Good for you! Not everybody has the calians to work on expanding their vocabulary!
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • AzureButterfly
    AzureButterfly
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember exactly where it was, but there was a quest somewhere on Summerset that mentioned them. A 'calian' is a type of amulet given to Altmer to signify their new standing in Altmeri society after completing some sort of traning. Sort of like a college diploma, I guess.