Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to battlegrounds...

Odnoc
Odnoc
✭✭✭✭
Seems like nobody knows the objectives anymore. An enemy player could be standing alone at their base with chaos ball and instead of going there everybody zergs middle for kills? Can we get some sort of tutorial or something for the newbs?
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you show us?
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're new to battlgrounds there is nothing to tell what your objective is and what you should do for each game. Deathmatch is obvious. Everything else figure it out for yourself.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're new to battlgrounds there is nothing to tell what your objective is and what you should do for each game. Deathmatch is obvious. Everything else figure it out for yourself.

Pretty much this. I'm a newcomer to battlegrounds and it's not easy to figure out some of the objectives and how to use the maps to achieve them on your first few runs.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Horker wrote: »
    Why don't you show us?

I've tried, then I had someone get butthurt and start smashing his keyboard at me because he knew, and assumed everyone was as pro as him, but the other two people obviously didn't know.
    Edited by Odnoc on May 28, 2018 2:55PM
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Odnoc wrote: »
    Why don't you show us?

I've tried, then I had someone get butthurt and start smashing his keyboard at me because he knew, and assumed everyone was as pro as him, but the other two people obviously didn't know.

i was trolling there, sorry. I see you take it serious. I agree there is a lack of knowledge, i usually just rompflelstomp with a orc warrior group and always end up top team
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Pretty much this. I'm a newcomer to battlegrounds and it's not easy to figure out some of the objectives and how to use the maps to achieve them on your first few runs.

I just follow my team..if they don’t know..oh well, i sure don’t know
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well some scripted tutorials vs bots could be really helpful, just to learn the mechanics without to much stress.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you show us?

i was trolling there, sorry. I see you take it serious. I agree there is a lack of knowledge, i usually just rompflelstomp with a orc warrior group and always end up top team

I know what you were doing... But at least you agree.

It's not so much as take it serious, it's just it's every other game and it's a waste of time. I don't care if someone sucks, I'm not the greatest myself, but at a minimum try for the objective.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you guys know this but when you talk to the person when you first start battle grounds they clearly tell you what the objectives are for each type o BG.

That is how I found out.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if it isn't a tutorial, at least provide some explanation that kills don't get points in some games.

Although, some sort of pve event where there are similar objectives would be kind of fun imo. As long as it was incorporated with less rewards so it doesn't take away from pvp.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you guys know this but when you talk to the person when you first start battle grounds they clearly tell you what the objectives are for each type o BG.

That is how I found out.

This. The Battlemaster explains stuff...

There's also popups on the bottom right that tell you you get pointd for doing specific things. There's also the achievements for each mode.. I mean.. It's all there
    Edited by LMar on May 28, 2018 3:14PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »

That is how I found out.

There's also popups on the bottom right that tell you you get pointd for doing specific things. There's also the achievements for each mode.. I mean.. It's all there

They do, but it isn’t the most explicit. As I said, maybe mention that killing doesn’t get you points so people are aware they’re wasting time.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

The battle master vivec city has explanations of all types, and honestly most aren’t so hard to grasp after a couple of tries.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this game lacks of tutorial to explain the basic of things

Dungeons
    Battleground

Same old same old
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is how I found out.

They do, but it isn’t the most explicit. As I said, maybe mention that killing doesn’t get you points so people are aware they’re wasting time.

I've played plenty of matches where players clearly know the objective, but spend all thier time just killing anyway. You get a minimum of 7k ap, so they don't care about winning, they care about killing.
    All this is to say, just because you see players ignoring objectives to fight in the middle doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing....they just don't care. "Playing every match like it's deathmatch" gets used alot on this forum for a reason, after all.
    Edited by Kel on May 29, 2018 4:03AM
  • SixVoltCar
    SixVoltCar
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like nobody knows the objectives anymore. An enemy player could be standing alone at their base with chaos ball and instead of going there everybody zergs middle for kills? Can we get some sort of tutorial or something for the newbs?

We could take the newbs away and you could wait 30 years for a Q if you'd prefer.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch is obvious.

Not really. People even after a dozen fights don't know what a sigil is, where it spawns, and how important it is.
    Everything is viable
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It feels so great that after update my solo/duo/trio/quadro queue is this during primetime:
    que.png
    Edited by Cinbri on May 29, 2018 1:13PM
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    SixVoltCar wrote: »

We could take the newbs away and you could wait 30 years for a Q if you'd prefer.

That has nothing to do with what I am talking about. I don't have any problem playing with newbs, but I am sure they would like to win just as much as I would like to, and spending the whole match not working towards the objective doesn't help achieve that at all.

However, even with longer waits, I could at least spend 30 minutes gathering skyshards or something other than basically trying to solo a battleground and losing.
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭

That is how I found out.

I've never seen a popup telling me what I get points for on the bottom right. I've seen popups when you do something to get points, but that's it. That doesn't help if you don't know what to do in the first place.

Also, there are achievements for hundreds, if not thousands of things. I know I don't read through each achievement, not sure the majority of the playerbase does either.

And obviously what I am saying isn't just speculation. There are several posts on this post alone where people say something more would be helpful, and I am sure that only a small percentage of players have even seen this post.
    Edited by Odnoc on May 29, 2018 2:16PM
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This doesn't seem like anything new. Pre-Summerset was still full of chaosball & relic games where nobody felt like doing the objective. Nothing "happened." It's always been that way.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    It feels so great that after update my solo/duo/trio/quadro queue is this during primetime:
    que.png

oh man. was this from the week?
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Odnoc
    Odnoc
    ✭✭✭✭
    This doesn't seem like anything new. Pre-Summerset was still full of chaosball & relic games where nobody felt like doing the objective. Nothing "happened." It's always been that way.

It definitely seems to be going on a lot more for me. However I did just switch from Xbox to PC, maybe it is a PC thing...
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to sound incredibly patronizing.

Press F1 for help menu.
    Scroll down to battleground section.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Well some scripted tutorials vs bots could be really helpful, just to learn the mechanics without to much stress.

BGs and Unduanted Dungeons could both use tutorials. This has been suggested for a long time - still nothing :/
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which is awesome, except some people didn't even know the Battlemaster was there (esp. pre-Summerset)

Hell, I didn't know there were dailies attached to it until someone mentioned it to me, because I never actually traveled to Morrowind to enter.

A lot of people jumped straight into BG's from the RGF and had to figure it out as they went along.

That being said, win or lose, it will become fairly apparent what you have to do in short order. Why they don't cover this on the BG load screens is beyond me ~ far more useful than the bit of lore/history behind the specific map in question.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS