The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DPS Rankings - Summerset

jkloza
jkloza
✭✭
Hey all:

How would you rank classes DPS wise in the summerset patch?

What class is top for magicka/stamina, and which are underperforming?

Thanks!
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblades of both the Mag and Stam varieties are by far the strongest.

MagDK and Stam and Mag Sorcs are doing okay.

Mag and Stam Templars and Stam wardens and DKs have issues.

Mag Wardens are useless.
    Edited by Narvuntien on May 26, 2018 10:32AM
  • jkloza
    jkloza
    ✭✭
    Wardens really that bad? They're the class that I'm most interested in, but I like to fill that DPS slot. I also have a max lvl sorc / NB, but i'd really need to flesh out both characters a ton with skillpoints / skyshards.

Thanks!
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wardens are pretty cool in PVP and they are good as tanks and healers just not as a dps.

• WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last I heard Stam DK was top dps class... They haven't gotten any nerfs. Templars are on par with mag dk from what I've seen, and Stam Warden. Mag Warden never been good
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They lowered the damage of heavy attacks which weakend Stamdk... by my god the stamdk players were whining really hard on the PTS although PVP and PVE gets tangled in those threads.

MagDks are abusing Zaan ... Magplars can't so they do less damage. Although again it might be PVP whining confusing me.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

Mag Wardens are useless.

Based on what info?
  • thestud2012
    thestud2012
    ✭✭
    From my own characters:

StamSorc - huge boost from Imbue Weapon, easiest rotation, stam pool and LA means more so Bound Arms helps a ton.
    StamNB - still trying to adjust rotation
    MagSorc - boost from Elemental Weapon, but weaving with lightning staff is awkward. Shields boost seems like overkill, but I'll take it.
    MagDK - huge boost. Might even jump MagSorc on my list. Still working on survivability.
    MagDen - gates damage is very nice, but would like to see the damage applied regardless of CC immunity like Daedric Mines. Hate the Shalk change. I will stubbornly make Frost Mage work lol.

I'm a medium skilled player. Can do content up to trials and decent at PVP. Can solo resources and reliably win 1v1 and 1v2 situations.
    Edited by thestud2012 on May 27, 2018 4:59PM
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is doing nearly on par with stamblade. On the PTS I was getting 48.5+k solo no fracture no combat prayer.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know how extremely subjective this thread is gonna be?
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭
    I’ve been researching PTS parses prior to launch. It seems universally accepted that magblades are top DPS this patch and that wardens are underperforming. I think there is room for discussion about where classes fall.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jkloza wrote: »
    I’ve been researching PTS parses prior to launch. It seems universally accepted that magblades are top DPS this patch and that wardens are underperforming. I think there is room for discussion about where classes fall.

Again, Warden info based on what?
  • jkloza
    jkloza
    ✭✭
    I’m basing it off of general community consensus. I play a magicka warden and non-cheese parses with no perfect siroria/necro/valkyn and trash pots, I can hit 32-34K. If I spent more time on the 3 mil dummy practicing, I could up that with perfect weaving, trash pots, and the lover mundus.

Comparitively, I’ve seen cheese parses of magblade, and stamblade hitting 45-50k.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "MagWarden Sucks"

You're doing it wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vHcCG6sriU
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 27, 2018 11:37PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "MagWarden Sucks"

You're doing it wrong.

There it is!!! ;)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "MagWarden Sucks"

You're doing it wrong.

Wow

Nice

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "MagWarden Sucks"

You're doing it wrong.

Cheese.... you are killing yourself for magicka.. not at all practical.
    Zaan means you can't actually use range advantage.
    Also the bear isn't the smartest cannot be reliable as you would like it to be.

• hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "MagWarden Sucks"

You're doing it wrong.

Lmao...out of all the trials in this game zaan is only bad on like 3 bosses..
    Edited by hedna123b14_ESO on May 28, 2018 3:22AM
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    I’m basing it off of general community consensus. I play a magicka warden and non-cheese parses with no perfect siroria/necro/valkyn and trash pots, I can hit 32-34K. If I spent more time on the 3 mil dummy practicing, I could up that with perfect weaving, trash pots, and the lover mundus.

Comparitively, I’ve seen cheese parses of magblade, and stamblade hitting 45-50k.

Cheese parses after summerset dlc on nightblade of only 45-50k..... gotta be way higher than that...

Console and dragons bones

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGm76DWBjrs
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheese parses after summerset dlc on nightblade of only 45-50k..... gotta be way higher than that...

Console and dragons bones

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KGm76DWBjrs

Do a Magblade one? pretty please..... ;)
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "MagWarden Sucks"

You're doing it wrong.

@Narvuntien You do understand Zaan has high burst, but the overall DPS is about 3k, comparable to Skoria, Ilambris, and, well, about every other monster set out there. Feel free to use another set - the #'s won't change much.

Balance used to be the only option many, many patches ago. A single tick of healing, which will always be available in 12 man, or any decent 4 man, will counter this. (Not to mention there will be orbs/shards, so it will likely be hit less often, if at all.) (You also get a heal everytime your netch despawns via the passive)

You could also swap a jewelry enchant or two and not lose massive damage. Plenty of ways to make this work.

The bear is fine if you know how to control it, same as any other pet. There will be occasion where the boss shifts and a rear-up attack misses, but I suspect those are few and far between.

Granted, @stileanima is the only one I've really seen be able to rock warden to this level, but she's done so in lots of content and probably why she got the Class rep without much competition.

Full disclosure: I've got no dog in this fight, and came across her builds before the rep thing was ever a thing.

Point being, she clearly knows what she's doing, no cheese required.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    @Merlin13KAGL we’ll have to wait and see. Unfortunately I’m on console, so won’t be able to keep testing until next week. But I will keep you updated!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Merlin13KAGL we’ll have to wait and see. Unfortunately I’m on console, so won’t be able to keep testing until next week. But I will keep you updated!
    Sorry. Didn't even think about that, though the videos clearly show it. (Long day, already)

Earn it.

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is doing nearly on par with stamblade. On the PTS I was getting 48.5+k solo no fracture no combat prayer.

yeap... and cheesy, right?

Try your build in PVP and we will speak again. :)

edit: If PVP isn#t your thing try some scenario where you actually need defence because you have an enemy or for advanced players like yourself try a moving target... i.e. pledge bosses or MA or alike...
    Edited by Elsterchen on May 29, 2018 2:52PM
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "MagWarden Sucks"

You're doing it wrong.

this is on pts though
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all:

How would you rank classes DPS wise in the summerset patch?

What class is top for magicka/stamina, and which are underperforming?

Thanks!

@jkloza Specify whether you mean solo/group pve/pvp if you want accurate responses :smile:

PvE wise Nightblade are top dogs, mag is preferable for the new trial, but stam hits harder.

MagDK & Magplar are really close to these but has to play melee range which is a bit of a disadvantage (DK even more so)

Stam/mag sorc are middle ground & as said Warden are at the bottom.

If you're looking for numbers tho, I'd say top to bottom is <10k difference, but that's mainly due to the fracture built into StamNB's kit & the NB execute hitting like a truck.
    Edited by Sparr0w on May 29, 2018 3:08PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Joker99
    Joker99
    ✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

edit: If PVP isn#t your thing try some scenario where you actually need defence because you have an enemy or for advanced players like yourself try a moving target... i.e. pledge bosses or MA or alike...
    @Elsterchen
    First and foremost PvE and PvP are two separate things, you can't say to someone to try their build in PvP, it's stupid.
    Secondly, this is most likely a trials build, most bosses in trials are stack and burn, dummies are there to compare builds and classes and to practice rotation. Unless the dummy is cheesed, a class will always deal more dps in a trial than on dummy even in mechanics heavy fights, see Pinnacle Factotum, Storm Atronach, Hunter Killers parses(except Assembly General, vAS+2, and vCR due to the nature of the encounters)
    Honestly what baffles me is the amount of people that use mechanics as an excuse for lower dps, a good DD will deal dps even when mechanics happen.
    And finally, hitting 48.5k on a Stamplar this patch with no cheese is not at all far fetched which is why we shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions.
    PC-EU
    DPS Slave:
    StamNB, MagNB, MagPlar, MagDK, StamDK, StamWarden
    Mostly just a scrub. Not even max CP.Actually max CP.
  • Cybercore_Death
    Cybercore_Death
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/345638/elemental-guardian-magicka-warden-vma-dd-build-summerset/p1

He’s a spot on MagDen build if you’re interested. Contrary to the hate MagDens can run with the best of them. Tbf any class can. It’s down to how much time you put into learning and perfecting an efficient rotation more than anything. Gear is one thing but the best gear in the game doesn’t give you great damage. That comes down to you. If you’re interested in MagDen I’d say go for it. I’ve been looking to create one for a while now and I think this will be the build I go for
    I'm a Dunmer DK Damage Dealer - My that's a lot of D's
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

? I do all trial hardmodes on mine. I dont pvp...my response was strictly pve...
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joker99 wrote: »

@Elsterchen
    First and foremost PvE and PvP are two separate things, you can't say to someone to try their build in PvP, it's stupid.
    Secondly, this is most likely a trials build, most bosses in trials are stack and burn, dummies are there to compare builds and classes and to practice rotation. Unless the dummy is cheesed, a class will always deal more dps in a trial than on dummy even in mechanics heavy fights, see Pinnacle Factotum, Storm Atronach, Hunter Killers parses(except Assembly General, vAS+2, and vCR due to the nature of the encounters)
    Honestly what baffles me is the amount of people that use mechanics as an excuse for lower dps, a good DD will deal dps even when mechanics happen.
    And finally, hitting 48.5k on a Stamplar this patch with no cheese is not at all far fetched which is why we shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Did this last sunday: https://youtu.be/SfsOV4M7YsA

And this was the week before patch dropped:
    https://youtu.be/A2OaFlDs8g8

please do your homework before you make an assumption
  • Nicko_Lps
    Nicko_Lps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades of both the Mag and Stam varieties are by far the strongest.

MagDK and Stam and Mag Sorcs are doing okay.

Mag and Stam Templars and Stam wardens and DKs have issues.

Mag Wardens are useless.

LOL