The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Guild Leader leaves guild ACCIDENTALLY???

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
How is it even possible for a guild leader to leave a guild accidentally? You can't leave a group without being double-checked, but leaving a guild happens without warning, without checking, and if you're a guild leader, without the option to appoint a new guild leader.
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s just another indicator on how badly the guild tools need updating. I don’t believe ZOS has done anything to address guild roster permissions since the game was released.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me not to long adter the game came out lucky for me my real life friend was 2nd in command at the time but we really need some quality of life stuff for guilds including withdrawal limits for gear and gold why this isn't a thing 3+ years later is baffling.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think you're typing in the chat box, but you're not actually in the chat box, the wrong string of letters together will rapidly remove you. G for guild, X for leave and confirm and you're done.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. I've done that. GXE removes you from guild, and if you're the guildmaster, it falls to whoever is the next-highest rank that is not already a guildmaster. I've done trying to remove myself from Group, mentally thinking G = Group, rather than P for Party. PXE does the same thing, effectively.

To say it was inconvenient would be a gross understatement...

Would be easily resolved if you could only leave a guild from the Roster menu, or if there was a countdown for the guildmaster before they could actually leave it. It should also actually say who is going to inherit the role of Guildmaster.
    Edited by Eiagra on May 28, 2018 1:50AM
          In verity.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    It’s just another indicator on how badly the guild tools need updating. I don’t believe ZOS has done anything to address guild roster permissions since the game was released.
    ZOS did change "guild roster permissions" features in one of the Updates about a year or so ago.

For example, at the time, any member of a guild could see how many Gold Pieces were in the Guild Bank account. So a player who joined a successful "trading Guild", and was also a member of another ambitious, competing "trading Guild", could share the information as to how many GP the successful guild had available to bid for a Guild Trader. Now, a Guildmaster and/or other officers can limit whether members have access to the Guild Bank and see the data pertaining to its GP balance, etc..

ZOS also, at that time, implemented rules for which member(s) can assume control during a Guildmaster's absence. If memory serves, they also introduced the current confirmation dialog -- intended to prevent a member from leaving a Guild unintentionally.

But, according to the remarks in this discussion, the confirmation dialog is not adequate to accomplish that goal. Either the current procedure needs further modification, or we need it to be replaced with one that is not as vulnerable to human error.

Regardless, idiot-proofing software is no easier than idiot-proofing aircraft assembly, among other such tasks. Perhaps you have heard of "Murphy's Law"?

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I wasn't typing anything. I was trying to port to a house. The screen got that blue glow, then there was a shift, and then I was guildless. I was in the Cephora tower or whatever it's called at the time.

After some consideration, I think the Leave Guild button shouldn't even be available to the guild leader if there is more than one person in the guild. I am still feeling very unsettled by this days later.
    Edited by cyberjanet on May 29, 2018 8:41AM
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.