Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magplar Help

JWillCHS
JWillCHS
✭✭✭
So I've been playing magicka Templar for awhile, and I feel like each patch it's getting harder to play this thing while solo queuing(I know Magden have it worse). What are some of you magplars running in BGs? I'm now hitting even more like a wet noodle.
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I don't group often, but with that said, I am doing (per stats on inventory page) 3074 damage, and 49.6 crit, unbuffed. I hit like a tractor-trailer full of wet noodles that fell from the sky and squished my prey into a bloody smear. Damn, guess I'm ordering pizza again.
    Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
    You're all just a bunch of pixels. Turn off the power and you cease to exist.
    White Lions. Bringing the jungle fame for over 50 years.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Kimba_Do wrote: »
    Well, I don't group often, but with that said, I am doing (per stats on inventory page) 3074 damage, and 49.6 crit, unbuffed. I hit like a tractor-trailer full of wet noodles that fell from the sky and squished my prey into a bloody smear. Damn, guess I'm ordering pizza again.

What kind of setup do you use? I'm currently using Overwhelming Surge, Transmutation, and Skoria while soloing.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Charged Destro Ice Staff (willpower frontbar)

5 piece Transmutation (jewelry + s&b backbar)

5 piece Seducer (heavy)

2 piece Skoria (1 light / 1 medium)
    *Change as desired for playstyle (i.e. more defensive, support, etc.)

I can describe more in detail and list bars too if interested. The sets/skills combo I chose gives me offense/defense/support when I need it.

You arent going to drop people like Stamblades but it's really effective for BGs.

-Edit-

Here's an idea of the damage/healing potential of this build:

https://s15.postimg.cc/fiwoz9r4b/IMG_c05a847e-7de8-473d-91ad-5622f0527c96.png
    Edited by brandonv516 on May 28, 2018 12:22AM
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    JWillCHS wrote: »
    Mmm, pizza!

What kind of setup do you use? I'm currently using Overwhelming Surge, Transmutation, and Skoria while soloing.

5 Rattlecage (2 pcs +jewelry) 5 Treasure Hunter. These give me Major Prophecy and Major Sorcery at all times (that way I can open without using a boring old fireball). The rest is in the CP. I put quite a few points into physical attack, as I strongly favor the melee spear attack, and it helps with the AOE as well.

Do note that all gear except jewelry is gold, and most are divine - with the apprentice mundus stone, that adds a nice punch to things. The staffs are not part of any specific set per se. With the new changes, this arrangement is likely to change some.
    Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with catsup.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Mmm, pizza!

5 Rattlecage (2 pcs +jewelry) 5 Treasure Hunter. These give me Major Prophecy and Major Sorcery at all times (that way I can open without using a boring old fireball). The rest is in the CP. I put quite a few points into physical attack, as I strongly favor the melee spear attack, and it helps with the AOE as well.

Do note that all gear except jewelry is gold, and most are divine - with the apprentice mundus stone, that adds a nice punch to things. The staffs are not part of any specific set per se. With the new changes, this arrangement is likely to change some.

I'm looking for no-CP alternatives in Battleground situations. Do you use this in no-CP PvP?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently run shacklebreaker, trans and grothdar snb/resto. Tankier set ups work better for solo queue because people will leave you by yourself (stam builds) to fight multiple people.

You could run wizards/trans/seducer/spellpower cure+ overwhelming destro/snb and hit like a truck , you’ll just be squishy. With Summerset destro setups do a bit more dps as well.

Ps. With a glass cannon builds you have to learn how to pick your fights and do a mixture of range and melee. It makes a big difference.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on May 27, 2018 11:37PM
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭

I'm looking for no-CP alternatives in Battleground situations. Do you use this in no-CP PvP?

This one is probably the wrong Khajiit to ask that of. Personally, I don't particularly like PVP, so have no real in-game experience with it. The build Kimba uses is nice for solo play, with very good durability and even though I don't run many dungeons, I can put out satisfactory DPS when I do.

This one wishes he had more information for you, but here, have a sweetroll.

Sweetroll.jpg
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the moment I am running 5 spinners + 5 shacklebreaker + 2 skoria. 5 heavy 2 light, destro/snb. Sharpened destro staff with berserker enchant and infused sword on backbar with crusher enchant. It is a good allround setup with nice stats and the damage potential is good if you line up your combo.

In no CP I reach about 3k spell damage buffed, 1500-1600 magicka regen, 33k magicka, 23k health, 12,5k stam and with this setup you can reach up to 8,5k pen, even 13,5 if you run ele drain. But I tend to prefer unstable core over ele drain because I love casting it on nbs and watching them panic as they kill themselves.

It isn't the best setup and magplar has a ton of problems, but it is steady and I am getting more than enough kills so it works for me.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Desert rose, riposte, skoria (pirate skellie in really damage heavy BGs)

Keep going back to this build. Even though it's DW SnB. Very sustaining, very damage oriented, can be very tanky. Somtimes though, in this meta, running high mitigation or major protection is pointless with all the oblivion damage being thrown around...
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    (pirate skellie in really damage heavy BGs)
    So...all of them? /trollface

While I haven't played Magicka Templar in any meaningful amount for a long time, Rattlecage wasn't half bad before, since it freed up some precious bar space. Other than that, Transmutation is pretty good since it's so easy to keep proc'd on a Magicka Templar, and provides a bit of regen. And I'm starting to have the opinion that Pirate Skeleton is a "requirement" for many solo queueing Magicka builds right now, since burst damage is so ridiculous. Zaan is overpowered enough to be worth it on some setups, but I think I'd give Pirate Skeleton the nod over Skoria.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 War Maiden
    5 Innate Axiom
    2 Valkyn Skoria

5-2 (Heavy-Light)

Dual Wield & SnB/2h (Forward Momentum) - Depending on what classes are in the BG with me.

Citrus Fillet as food (Gold food)

It's a bit over 4k SD buffed and I'm popping people no bother.
    Edited by BNOC on May 29, 2018 8:57AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently using Overwhelming Surge, Transmutation, and Skoria while soloing.

Running a similar setup, with Riposte instead of Transmutation. Both are great for that bit of protection in BGs. OS and Skoria are just beautiful together.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like Skoria is needed to add the extra umph in damage.

Im playing around with heavy armor now with shackle and trainee and of course, Skoria to see what its like. Trying to have good health to suck up some of this oblivion damage and stamina to break free as I use pots for sorcery and Prophecy. Then use ele drain for magicka steal and penetration/reduce their resistance as TBH, Im not sure if Skoria goes off of penetration value, and then channeled focus for a bit more armor and recovery when possible.

Im kind of a part timer magplar these days as I have been favoring to run stamina and this is just me trying some things so YMMV.
  • Kimba_Do
    Kimba_Do
    ✭✭✭
    As you can see, there is no one 'perfect build' to play. Try out different things, and eventually you will find a combo that works well for your personal play style. Don't be afraid to experiment, after all getting your character killed is really nothing in this game, just a small amount of gold to repair.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I like building for max stats. My favorite to build for is spell damage on magplar.

You could run war maiden, soulshine, skoria/ pirate skelly in 5 light or 5 heavy. Resto staff and DW. (Or SnB and meditate).
    Ur damage will be insane, ur defense will not be without skeleton. You could achieve 90k soul assault Tooltip in CP. Crazy numbers there.

Or you could go with a more rounded build. Riposte, skoria/ skeleton, desert rose. And just keep up pressure without having to let up.

23-25k health is ur goal with atleast 11k stamina. Once you get that and 1500 minimum regen, stack into spell damage and max magic with foods and stuff.

I run max mag and regen drink cause I'm comfortable in BGs with 23k health