The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Invisible Lava In bloodroot Forge

Beavisaur13
Beavisaur13
✭✭✭
On the final boss in bloodroot, there are invisible pools of lava that shoot out projectiles, that make beating the boss inpossible. They do a ton of damage, to the player and are usually around the corners of the map. They can be purge with the blood thirst thing, but it's difficult cuz there usually around the pillars.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm. Did it today and every single pool became invis after 3 seconds of hitting its target.

It seemed to land -> form in lava -> then do the "cleanse" animation where it shrinks to the ground. The lava is still there though.

You can cleanse it. Took over 2+ hours and finished it, but it made vet non HM mode a *** as you would just dodge roll into a random pool of lava. This needs some fixing.

Submitted as a bug report and if needed recorded the fight for laughs and you can see the invis pools.
  • znrk
    znrk
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm. Summerset introduced this bug, I believe. Since when Summerset dropped, I was in Bloodroot Forge twice, with different people, and both times the lava visual on final boss dissapeared for all of us, but it was still there.
    PC/EU
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    same for me and my group
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Chryuus
    Chryuus
    It's doesn't just make the final boss in Bloodroot forge harder, it makes it literally impossible. When the boss' HP is into single digits there's several invisible lava pools that will oneshot near enough anyone. This is when we were all pretty on top of quenching the lava pools ( we also had several attempts on hard mode but Christ I'm not that much of a sadist). It's these kind of bugs that make people want to leave ESO, this isn't an inconvenient bug, this is a game breaking bug, like being feared through the walls in Crypt of Heart. If if hotfixes can be applied to Geysers where it's a bit of a minor inconvenience, I feel like clipping through the wall, or animations not showing up a more severe and imperative bug to fix. Also vampires tend to dislike having their arses BBQ'd into a crispy bake. As someone who has played a large number of games in their life, this game has far, far too many bugs on a daily bases and a more proactive nature needs to be put into place to try and sort the long list out.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it yesterday, still not fixed.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chryuus wrote: »
    It's doesn't just make the final boss in Bloodroot forge harder, it makes it literally impossible. When the boss' HP is into single digits there's several invisible lava pools that will oneshot near enough anyone. This is when we were all pretty on top of quenching the lava pools ( we also had several attempts on hard mode but Christ I'm not that much of a sadist). It's these kind of bugs that make people want to leave ESO, this isn't an inconvenient bug, this is a game breaking bug, like being feared through the walls in Crypt of Heart. If if hotfixes can be applied to Geysers where it's a bit of a minor inconvenience, I feel like clipping through the wall, or animations not showing up a more severe and imperative bug to fix. Also vampires tend to dislike having their arses BBQ'd into a crispy bake. As someone who has played a large number of games in their life, this game has far, far too many bugs on a daily bases and a more proactive nature needs to be put into place to try and sort the long list out.

We cleared it second try last night with this bug, so it's not impossible, it's just super duper hard mode ;)
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's super duper dooper hardmode and painful when you lose a no death run to the invisible lava
  • kts
    kts
    ✭✭✭
    Consoles should receive the fix in their next patch. We had same issue on PC and they fixed it over a week ago.

• ValorieW
    ValorieW
    ✭✭✭
    This is absurd. Just left there and could not complete due to this game breaking bug. Wtf, ZOS. Fix this crap, and the constant freezes too!
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto PS4 na server.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    kts wrote: »
    Consoles should receive the fix in their next patch. We had same issue on PC and they fixed it over a week ago.

Yep, console will get the fix in tomorrow's patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno ! <3 i'll tell my group we're rescheduling no death for tomorrow night then
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC the problem persists although intermittently. In our hard mode attempts last night there first few lava pools we're visible, but as soon as we had the boss' clones spwan in some of the lava pools they dropped became invisible. I bug reported but our hm attempts were doomed as soon as the invisible lava pools spawned. Any chance we'll see another pass of bug fixes targeting the lava soon?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm really curious about what changes in summerset made this happen too honestly :p