The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favorite Vet DSA setup/Group comp

BadSerpico
BadSerpico
✭✭✭
Post your favorite builds/Sklls, tank, heals or Dps setup and preferred group!
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    Fun boss helm to use is Sellestrix
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3dps/ 1 tank
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamplar, stamnb, magsorc, warden tank
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    every top scoring group:
    magsorc dps as "healer"
    magdk tank
    2 more random dps
    eisley the worst
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    erlewine wrote: »
    every top scoring group:
    magsorc dps as "healer"
    magdk tank
    2 more random dps

Sorc with healing pet?
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    yep. regular dps mag templar w/ BOL can fill this role too. both are reactive heals that smart target 2 people (50% of the group) and thats more than enough in a dungeon where you can kill everything before it can even reach you if youve got 3 range dps. you only need a resto staff healer in 12m trials

having very high dps kinda breaks some 4 man content, you can kill mobs before they can do much of anything. and in the current endgame, most deaths are to people being one shot, so having 3 dps means theres less time for people to get killed by a OHKO, and you can avoid certain mechanics altogether. its sort of a shame that its designed that way, but I dont know any easy way to fix it.
    Edited by erlewine on June 8, 2018 3:35AM
    eisley the worst
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erlewine wrote: »
    yep. regular dps mag templar w/ BOL can fill this role too. both are reactive heals that smart target 2 people (50% of the group) and thats more than enough in a dungeon where you can kill everything before it can even reach you if youve got 3 range dps. you only need a resto staff healer in 12m trials

having very high dps kinda breaks some 4 man content, you can kill mobs before they can do much of anything. and in the current endgame, most deaths are to people being one shot, so having 3 dps means theres less time for people to get killed by a OHKO, and you can avoid certain mechanics altogether. its sort of a shame that its designed that way, but I dont know any easy way to fix it.

I agree, solid groups only need a "oh crap" burst heal periodically. Magsorc or magplar dps is enough
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is kinda a tough issue to fix. the dps gap between players is gigantic (3k light attack spammers to 50k stamnbs). content can't be buffed because it was intended for a certain benchmark, but it's just so easy to surpass that so much now. the only fix that comes to mind is a new difficulty tier where they re scale things, but idk how practical that js
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like to tank it with three dps. I just find it a lot easier. I actually quite enjoy Dragonstar. Top notch content.

Edit: I just realised I might of necro’d the thread. I apologise.
    Edited by MattT1988 on June 18, 2018 10:03AM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamplar, stamnb, magsorc, warden tank

Is the off healer the Sorc or warden?
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    Just did a run with 2xmagBlads and petSorc Heals i tanked with earth gore, fast run
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is the SPC buff enough reason for the sorc to carry a resto staff and a Regeneration morph?

Admittedly the idea is weakened because spell power isn't so great for a pet sorc himself ...
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    Is the SPC buff enough reason for the sorc to carry a resto staff and a Regeneration morph?

Admittedly the idea is weakened because spell power isn't so great for a pet sorc himself ...
    Not sure I never tried it
  • BadSerpico
    BadSerpico
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    I like to tank it with three dps. I just find it a lot easier. I actually quite enjoy Dragonstar. Top notch content.

Edit: I just realised I might of necro’d the thread. I apologise.
    Lol, likewise I’ve always enjoyed Tanking Vdsa. Now the 3 Dps thing depends on the Dps, Lol, I’ve still got great scores with regulars setup but more of a hybrid Dps/heals. But agree three solid Dps optimal
  • Teuton67
    Teuton67
    ✭✭✭
    @erlewine

I have been tanking vDSA in SPC, Livewire, and Earthgore. You mentioned in your post a magdk tank is used. Can you elaborate on the magdk tank build please?