Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Next DLC / Chapter - Continuation of Main Quest

tnanever
tnanever
✭✭✭
I thought the main quest of the base game was great.
Years after defeating Molag Bal, saving Wrothgar, Clockwork City, Morrowind, becoming a Master Thief and assassin, becoming the hero of all three factions...Meridia is still standing in the same spot, and the old elf king's body is still on the ground as if the final battle just happened.

Can the next DLC / Chapter focus on continuing the main quest, and updating/changing the base world? There are infinite possibilities due to the base material you have to work with - the physical size, the massive amount of lore and characters.
Did we truly see the last of Vanus? He tells you he won't be seen again at the conclusion of Wrothgar - but was it true? Are there sons/daughters we don't know about? What about the 5 companions? What about the 3 main factions and their leaders? How about Sheogorath, the fighter's guild, and the mage's guild? Will the mages do anything with Eyevea - perhaps work with the Psijic order, or something completely different? Any one of these topics, and hundreds more, can be explored extensively.

The last thing I want is to see content being played through once, and then left for dead. The various daily quests from thieve's/dark brotherhood/mage/fighter that send you around the world are a very small step in the right direction, and it's not remotely enough.
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the book at the end of Summerset holds a clue what's going to happen next.
    My guess is: our next enemy is going to be Meridia.
    I base my assumption on the words of Darien, Meridia is not the good guy we think she/he is.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the next DLC chapter has no classes or races it wont matter what it is cause i wont buy it.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Id love to see a chapter were vanus magically balances the classes, nerfs sloads, gets rid of the insane jewelry upgrade, fixes faction loyality, makes trials besides crags most player can beat with trying and progression rather than needing to be one of the best players on your server and gets rid of the cursed ability snipe and wrecking blow

sarcasm that zos isnt going to do ever aside naval combat would be chill
  • Menelaos
    Menelaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite Molag Bal quotes from doing dolmens: "Where has little Abnur Tharn run off to?"
    ...und Gallileo dreht sich doch!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's also remember that in the Summerset's main quest, Meridia's realm is attacked... but just because someone mentions that she is deceitful, just remember that Sotha Sil says the same thing about Almalexia. I would love to see more storylines involving various Deadric princes, I absolutely loved the main storyline in Summerset.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    If the next DLC chapter has no classes or races it wont matter what it is cause i wont buy it.

New classes or races? Play to win, play to win! Jk

I still dont know why they havent added new weapons. Really, they havent thought of polearms, crossbows, hand to hand in Tamriel? Look at them, who puts a dagger on a stick!

Players have generated extensive ideas and I dont know why they dont go for it. I think part of the problem is the population itself and complaining at anything, for example, jewlery crafting is ptw. Necromancer would have been an awesome release last patch, such a waisted opportunity.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people should get banned both in game and the forums for not using the spoiler tag.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally hope that Meridia becomes the next daedric villain that would be intresting and I hate her :D she is boooring (to quote Uncle Sheo) but I'd also like to meet with Abnur even if for some reason he would become a villain in one of the chapters or dlc but I think the next Chapter will be similar to Wrothgar story wise (maybe)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aaisoaho wrote: »
    I think the book at the end of Summerset holds a clue what's going to happen next.
    I base my assumption on the words of Darien, Meridia is not the good guy we think she/he is.

What book and what does it say? I watched a playthrough of Summerset but the dude didnt read a book in the end.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What book and what does it say? I watched a playthrough of Summerset but the dude didnt read a book in the end.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Words_of_the_Fallen
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Words_of_the_Fallen

Okay I agree, I think this is the set up for Meridia being a future antagonist. We do know her Auroran race costume was datamined.

Meridia and even Nocturnal strike me as the villain types who have good intentions, but go about it wrong.

If we look back, Molag Bal may have been trying to hint something in his final dialogue in eso main story. "What a powerful ally you have. Did you know she would bring you here? What future role does she play in this grand cosmic farce I wonder..."

Then given her role in Summerset then the book from Darien...

If anyone us being set up as a future villain, it's Meridia. I hope this happens, I love Meridia and want to see more of her and her cool realm.

The Prince of Darkness has been defeated, is the Prince of Light up next?

Edited by PrayingSeraph on May 25, 2018 11:41PM
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    [...] the Prince of Light [...]
    Technically Mistress/Princess, since I've never seen Meridia depicted as a male (not with my personal experience; she could have been, I just didn't catch it/haven't seen it yet). Personally, I'd like ZOS to finish fleshing out Cyrodiil; i.e., add the Skingrad/West Weald and the Leyawiin/Blackwood areas. And bring back the house on the volcanic island when they add Blackwood; I always wanted that house! I would also like to see more of Hammerfell, since it was one of the two provinces featured in Daggerfall, and I personally enjoyed romping through TES2's mating octopi dungeons; again, should this happen, I would like for the Princely Dawnlight Palace and the Dibella's Arboretum furnishing pack to return. However, I feel very confident that western Skyrim will be showing up as a new chapter sooner rather than later, as they already have quite a bit of lore for it set up. Perhaps Meridia will assault western Skyrim? She already has a known shrine just west of Solitude, so I think it's very feasible that we'll all be pre-ordering ESO: Skyrim in a year's time.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically Mistress/Princess, since I've never seen Meridia depicted as a male (not with my personal experience; she could have been, I just didn't catch it/haven't seen it yet). Personally, I'd like ZOS to finish fleshing out Cyrodiil; i.e., add the Skingrad/West Weald and the Leyawiin/Blackwood areas. And bring back the house on the volcanic island when they add Blackwood; I always wanted that house! I would also like to see more of Hammerfell, since it was one of the two provinces featured in Daggerfall, and I personally enjoyed romping through TES2's mating octopi dungeons; again, should this happen, I would like for the Princely Dawnlight Palace and the Dibella's Arboretum furnishing pack to return. However, I feel very confident that western Skyrim will be showing up as a new chapter sooner rather than later, as they already have quite a bit of lore for it set up. Perhaps Meridia will assault western Skyrim? She already has a known shrine just west of Solitude, so I think it's very feasible that we'll all be pre-ordering ESO: Skyrim in a year's time.

Daedric Princes lack an actual sex, they are divine beings beyond such things. They just choose to appear however they please. They are all referred to as Princes regardless, Meridia even calls herself Prince in Summerset. There's no actual male or female Princes, merely they are what they are.

Some Princes like Boethiah changer their gender appearance all the time. Others selectively. Malacath for example chose a form of a beautiful, naked aldmer woman in Lord of Souls to get a character to spill the beans.

I'm pretty confident ZoS knows that a ESO: skyrim wont be well received. Many of us bought numerous Skyrim versions...if I need to dish out more money for an Eso skyrim...
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on May 27, 2018 8:19AM
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Daedric Princes lack an actual sex, they are divine beings beyond such things. They just choose to appear however they please. They are all referred to as Princes regardless, Meridia even calls herself Prince in Summerset. There's no actual male or female Princes, merely they are what they are.

Some Princes like Boethiah changer their gender appearance all the time. Others selectively. Malacath for example chose a form of a beautiful, naked aldmer woman in Lord of Souls to get a character to spill the beans.

I'm pretty confident ZoS knows that a ESO: skyrim wont be well received. Many of us bought numerous Skyrim versions...if I need to dish out more money for an Eso skyrim...

Personally I think the next Chapter will be in Hammerfell at least my theory is one DC (Wrothgar even though its a DLC) then EP (Vvardenfell) and now AD (Summerset) so probably I think the next is gonna be Somewhere Hammerfell and one of the smaller DLC will take us somewhere in Cyro or Spriral Skein as an epilogue to the Triad storyline maybe
    I'm 120 years old
  • AgmarTheUnrestful
    @PrayingSeraph: True, I had forgotten that temporarily. :/ I think Boethiah's sexual appearance changes depending upon where (s)he's being worshipped: the Dunmer frequently regard her/him as female in appearance, while his/her followers in Cyrodiil seem to regard him/her as more masculine; this is probably true of many of the Princes, in reality, not just a few of them. Some, like Molag Bal, clearly have no defined sex, neither in reality nor in appearance (Bal is clealy modelled after the appearance of Satan, while Mehrunes Dagon is probably based upon aspects of Buddhist lore, possibly Shiva/Sheba (spelling?)).

@BigBadVolk: Based upon that evidence (I never noticed there was a trend!), I think it very likely that next year's chapter will flesh out the remainder of Hammerfell. Which kind of makes sense, in a way: if Meridia really is being set up to be our next major villain, then it would be somewhat logical for her to target a desert, being the Prince of Light, and deserts receiving more than their fair share of that... :D Besides, I would really like to see more lore built upon the Shehai Shen She Ru; I think it's an awesome concept, and really sets the Redguards apart from other races of Men, both in TES and in other franchises. Also, it just irks me ever so slightly that we can't just travel over land to get to either the Alik'r Desert or Hew's Bane; for those of us who just like to use the wayshrine system to give ourselves quick access to merchants and crafting stations, it's immersion-breaking to have to use either the wayshrine network (which, in all honesty, should always be free, being ESO's answer to previous TES games' method of fast-travelling), or ferry services (which should cost a small amount of gold, for realism and immersion) just to get to certain, remote areas.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What about ebony knight ESO version?
  • EwanAmell
    EwanAmell
    Soul Shriven
    I wouldn't mind to take the story towards Balfiera and Ada-Mantia. So far, most of the story has been related in a way or another with the towers of Nirn (White-Gold and the Amulet of Kings in the base game, Red Mountain in Morrowind, Crystal-Like-Law in Summerset), so Id' expect something like that will happen with the future chapters, either with the Adamantine Tower or the Throat of the World (or perhaps learn more about Oricalc with a Hammerfell chapter with ties with Yokuda).

Since all alliances got their big expansions (Craglorn/Wrothgar, Vvardenfell, Summerset) I'd expect next chapter to go back in Covenant territory, with some DLC set in the Colovian Estates, Murkmire (finally) and/or Tenmar (Elseweyr needs love too).
    I think Boethiah's sexual appearance changes depending upon where (s)he's being worshipped: the Dunmer frequently regard her/him as female in appearance, while his/her followers in Cyrodiil seem to regard him/her as more masculine; this

"Boethiah is the Anticipation of Almalexia but male to her female. " (Anonymous - "The Anticipations", Morrowind version).

I think Boh just appears how the mood strikes it. In the DSA there are statues that depicts it in both forms (female in the Arena, wielding Goldbrand, male in the final room, with an axe), in Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion all statues used the male form, in Skyrim and most part of ESO appears as female... perhaps it just appears to people the way they expect it to be.

• AgmarTheUnrestful
    EwanAmell wrote: »
    [...] I think Boh just appears how the mood strikes it.
    Kind of funny, referring to a living being as "it" without being degrading (English desperately needs common-gender, singular pronouns; so far, all we have are the plurals "they", "them", "their", and "theirs").
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Daedric Prince isn't a proper living being though

... "IT" is fine :p
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah there wasn't many big hints like in past DLC's to see what zone is coming next, (bet some of the writers reading this are going.....YOU DIDN'T LOOK HARD ENOUGH!!)

But yes massive hint that Meridia will be popping up in the future as someone for us to slap back into place. Hey who knows might even get to go to the Coloured rooms in a DLC (I freaking hope).

There are a few NPC's that mention to zones not in the game yet, Murkmire and the Throat of the world was mentioned a handful of times. Not saying where (as cannot remember locations) lol. I think a big Skyrim chapter is going to be a thing, but not quite sure it will be the next one....or even the one after that (happy to eat my words).

Wrothgar was a Pre-chapter DLC, so if we count it in and so far each alliance has had one now. Will the next three follow the same pattern? If this was the case then would have close bets on a big chunk of Hammerfell. Or are we going to go by race this time? That would mean the races with the least coverage at the moment would be the beast ones Khajiit and Argonian.

So if we were going by that, I think Murkmire would be a good contender as it has been in the pipeline for some time. But is it a chapter or an adventure zone like Craglorn? As they were going to. Who knows. We know the team re-did Craglorn due to it not being that popular in its original incarnation, so maybe they might not bother with another and set Murkmire as a chapter you have to pay for. Or would adventure zones be getting another revamp? We will see....

Bring on a full expansion to other continent of Nirn!!! (In the end)...so much lore, so many places, so much I need to smite! lol
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Yeah there wasn't many big hints like in past DLC's to see what zone is coming next, (bet some of the writers reading this are going.....YOU DIDN'T LOOK HARD ENOUGH!!)

But yes massive hint that Meridia will be popping up in the future as someone for us to slap back into place. Hey who knows might even get to go to the Coloured rooms in a DLC (I freaking hope).

There are a few NPC's that mention to zones not in the game yet, Murkmire and the Throat of the world was mentioned a handful of times. Not saying where (as cannot remember locations) lol. I think a big Skyrim chapter is going to be a thing, but not quite sure it will be the next one....or even the one after that (happy to eat my words).

Wrothgar was a Pre-chapter DLC, so if we count it in and so far each alliance has had one now. Will the next three follow the same pattern? If this was the case then would have close bets on a big chunk of Hammerfell. Or are we going to go by race this time? That would mean the races with the least coverage at the moment would be the beast ones Khajiit and Argonian.

So if we were going by that, I think Murkmire would be a good contender as it has been in the pipeline for some time. But is it a chapter or an adventure zone like Craglorn? As they were going to. Who knows. We know the team re-did Craglorn due to it not being that popular in its original incarnation, so maybe they might not bother with another and set Murkmire as a chapter you have to pay for. Or would adventure zones be getting another revamp? We will see....

Bring on a full expansion to other continent of Nirn!!! (In the end)...so much lore, so many places, so much I need to smite! lol

I wouldnt mind if they would release Murkmire as Chapter, but more or less as a Filler Chapter before they begin their new Storyline, like wrothgar did in the past
    Also it could expand on Hist/Void/Sithis lore a bit
    I'm 120 years old