The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Plus and Summerset

Shantu
Shantu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm an ESO+ member and when I log in the game is telling me I have to purchase an update to have access to Summerset. Is this accurate?
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Summerset is a chapter like MW
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's accurate.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    I'm an ESO+ member and when I log in the game is telling me I have to purchase an update to have access to Summerset. Is this accurate?

Summerset is a CHAPTER not a 'DLC'... Chapters are not included with ESO+
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok. Apparently I misunderstood the extent of ESO+ membership. Thanks.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that ESO Plus gave me access to Morrowind - which was separated into a DLC, the part I wanted now, and the Warden Class, which I might want later.

So if you wait until the next chapter, the same may well happen with Summerset.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I can confirm that ESO Plus gave me access to Morrowind - which was separated into a DLC, the part I wanted now, and the Warden Class, which I might want later.

So if you wait until the next chapter, the same may well happen with Summerset.

Nah, I couldn't wait. I don't mind tossing them 3 ten-spots for their efforts. :smile:
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be a lot of confusion around the DLC and Chapter distinction and I myself am not sure I know a clear definition, but I like to think of DLCs as non-essential game play add-ons and chapters essential, like Morrowind that added the Warden class and Summerset that added a new skill line and jewelery crafting along with new content.
  • MrKit
    MrKit
    ✭✭✭
    I originally rage quit over Morrowind costing extra when I was an ESO Plus Member, but I came back, as they knew I would. Now it's the same with Summerset. It is an extra purchase, not covered in ESO Plue membership.

I don't work for ZOS or B or any of them, but I can tell you that Summerset is a great expansion. It's beautiful, has a lot of locations and characters. The quests are for the most part pretty good, although it is linear. There is the illusion of free will, but whatever you do they turn out the same. Still, it is all very engaging, totally worth playing. There is so much to expand the ESO experience.