The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVP questions!!!

Thealteregoroman
Thealteregoroman
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone first time posting in PVP. I hear a lot of good stuff about PVP and wanted to know what I had to do to be a great healer.
I am a master crafter and know all traits so if someone can point me in the right direction of how I can maybe be a tanky healer to craft set so I don't die so fast while healing that would be great.

for special events that ZOS brings for PVP and stuff I would go into PVP with my PVE healer build. I found that I die pretty fast when zerging. I am a Breton magicka Templar.
I need help with where I should put champion points and attribute stats for PVP...

ALSO, is it true that your stamina and magicka in PVP resources cost double? So if healing in PVE costs lets say...15MP in PVP it costs 30MP? (just an example I was giving)

I wanna start experiencing the other part of this game cause....why not?
Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about going PVP full time after I finish Summerset stuff. I am on a PS4.

I am also open to getting with a heavy PVP clan on PS4 that plays regularly. Just hit me up if you have any spots available. I am on Daggerfall Covenant.
****Master Healer...****
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing is cut in half by battle spirit in PVP zones, so it doesn't cost more to cast but you heal for less. You also get 5000 extra health and take 50% less damage so that helps.

For gear, I recommend impenetrable trait gear so you dont get destroyed by critical hits.

Templar healers have lots of great options for healing, but my DK healer relies on Healing Springs and Mutagen,
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 24, 2018 7:29PM
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Healing is cut in half by battle spirit in PVP zones, so it doesn't cost more to cast but you heal for less. You also get 5000 extra health and take 50% less damage so that helps.

For gear, I recommend impenetrable trait gear so you dont get destroyed by critical hits.

Templar healers have lots of great options for healing, but my DK healer relies on Healing Springs and Mutagen,

@VaranisArano Thanks for the pointers!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of things ... it’s not that things cost double, it’s that they hit half as hard. It equals out to the same math but it’s a slightly different application than what you’re saying.

As for healing in PVP, it’s a totally different animal than in a dungeon. If you do not have a group you really should be most concerned with healing yourself first as a dead healer is a useless healer. Keep in mind as well that the battlefield essentially extends in 360 degrees virtually infinitely as opposed to a dungeon that is generally laid out in a linear fashion. Because of this it’s REALLY easy to lose track of who you are supposed to be healing without being in a group.

I’ll let other people get into what gear you should wear - I’m not a fan of impen but others swear by it - and instead coach you a bit on tactics.

Imagine these lines are a battle ...

—————
    VVVVVVV

^^^^^^^^^^
    —————-

If you want to survive a big battle, ideally to heal, DO NOT STAND IN THE MIDDLE 2 ROWS! Stay on the outside, dart in and dart out. Use all of your teammates as meat shields. This goes for being a DPS or a healer. A Templar can clean up on the kill counter just by spamming a heal and a radiant oppression into the crowd.

Just try not to get frustrated. If you follow these tips people will learn to love playing with you in no time and good teammates is, for many people, half the battle. Good luck!
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of things ... it’s not that things cost double, it’s that they hit half as hard. It equals out to the same math but it’s a slightly different application than what you’re saying.

As for healing in PVP, it’s a totally different animal than in a dungeon. If you do not have a group you really should be most concerned with healing yourself first as a dead healer is a useless healer. Keep in mind as well that the battlefield essentially extends in 360 degrees virtually infinitely as opposed to a dungeon that is generally laid out in a linear fashion. Because of this it’s REALLY easy to lose track of who you are supposed to be healing without being in a group.

I’ll let other people get into what gear you should wear - I’m not a fan of impen but others swear by it - and instead coach you a bit on tactics.

—————
    VVVVVVV

^^^^^^^^^^
    —————-

If you want to survive a big battle, ideally to heal, DO NOT STAND IN THE MIDDLE 2 ROWS! Stay on the outside, dart in and dart out. Use all of your teammates as meat shields. This goes for being a DPS or a healer. A Templar can clean up on the kill counter just by spamming a heal and a radiant oppression into the crowd.

Just try not to get frustrated. If you follow these tips people will learn to love playing with you in no time and good teammates is, for many people, half the battle. Good luck!

@THEDKEXPERIENCE You are the best!

giphy.gif
    ****Master Healer...****
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

—————
    VVVVVVV

^^^^^^^^^^
    —————-

@THEDKEXPERIENCE You are the best!

giphy.gif

Thanks! Glad to help.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone first time posting in PVP. I hear a lot of good stuff about PVP and wanted to know what I had to do to be a great healer.
    I am a master crafter and know all traits so if someone can point me in the right direction of how I can maybe be a tanky healer to craft set so I don't die so fast while healing that would be great.

for special events that ZOS brings for PVP and stuff I would go into PVP with my PVE healer build. I found that I die pretty fast when zerging. I am a Breton magicka Templar.
    I need help with where I should put champion points and attribute stats for PVP...

ALSO, is it true that your stamina and magicka in PVP resources cost double? So if healing in PVE costs lets say...15MP in PVP it costs 30MP? (just an example I was giving)

I wanna start experiencing the other part of this game cause....why not?
    Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about going PVP full time after I finish Summerset stuff. I am on a PS4.

I am also open to getting with a heavy PVP clan on PS4 that plays regularly. Just hit me up if you have any spots available. I am on Daggerfall Covenant.

Welcome to PvP, prepare for a lot of frustrating and hopeless deaths, as you try to learn how things work in here. As long as you wish to learn, it will only get better though. Oh, you'll still die a hopeless death, but you will die a more epic death :P

first things first, when you enter PvP, you get the ''battle spirit'' status effect, which gives you extra 5k hp, but reduces your damage done,healing,shields etc to %50.(your tooltips will still show full value but the actual damage/healing/shields you get will be cut down in half basically.)

And no, your stam and mag abilities or resources will not change in PvP.(unless you're in a no-cp area, which will disable the stats you get from CP, resulting in lesser hp/mag/stam pools)

Also just a quick advice to you; don't try to solo pvp, find a guild or join a zerg, be in a group so that you can specify on a role. I'm telling this because sadly not every class is good for solo play. And the solo PvP meta is more about kiting/running then actually fighting enemies, so you will really have a frustrating time.

I can't help you with the builds as it is a personal thing, but know that in PvP, you need to wear defensive traits on your gear.
    Mainly impen,but on some rare cases sturdy or well fittet also does work. But if you're not really blocking or dodging a lot, then just stick to impen on your armor.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 24, 2018 7:53PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarock41 is spot on with his advice. I especially like the epic death part. Haha.

Don’t be afraid to die. Every so often you won’t and it’s GLORIOUS.

Side note: as I stated in my initial response about Impen, what @Ragnarock41 is saying is the majority opinion on a scale of about 99.9% to 0.1. I am one of the VERY EXTREME FEW who use 0 impen and do fine. It is absolutely a lunatic move on my part but I’ve been doing it since beta. It is not recommended to follow my way ... but if you can figure out a way to rock a 5-1-1 light set with infused and divines (my shield strength is silly as is my heal) and pull it off (batswarm and invisibility potions ... hint ... hint) when you’re sitting above 50k magic you can kill a lot of problems way before they become problems. This is ESO 401 PVP stuff though. Definitely don’t try it. *

* I mean do cause laser beams are fun. :)
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw an Argonian the other day with the name, "Burns-with-Beam".

I already knew.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on May 24, 2018 8:47PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I saw an Argonian the other day with the name, "Burns-with-Beam".

I already knew.

Mine is Yugot The Beam :)
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bwahahaha

I am DYING of laughter right now! I really don't understand why people say the ESO forum is toxic lol you guys totally helped me out thanks!

@THEDKEXPERIENCE @Ragnarock41 @Takes-No-Prisoner
    ****Master Healer...****
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People can be toxic due to letting the game frustrate them. Usually when a game gets to a point where frustration starts to affect thinking, that is the time to put the controller down and do something else.

Continuing to play while being frustrated only leads to more frustration. Isn't the point of the game to be entertaining?