The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New meta: ~11k health DDs in veteran...

exiars10
exiars10
✭✭✭
I don't know what is going on but this is becoming rampant in veteran group dungeons.

Last week I noticed new trend among DDs - ~11k health only. Yes, I got those players in the past but it was rarely and they took food/drink after we typed in chat. Now it's almost regular since Summerset :/.

No matter how much you type to take drink/food as health is super low, nothing happens - no food/drink is took and no response in chat either. I guess language barrier in Europe, chat is off or complete ignorance. It's not just low CP players - I get CP700 and 800+ players who play like that.
I got one answer that 13k is enough and I already took food from CP 800+ player.
Another answer I got was I have shield, it's enough. And when shield went down because s/he isn't top elite player to monitor shield time...

There is no way you can heal so much plus one shots. Even if you could heal so much it's massive waste of magicka which always fail at the end.

I play veteran pledges for double keys on my Sorcerer healer (because of the chest shoulder RNG) and I was a fool enough several days ago to play vCoH I to the end and fail because of low health DD. But lesson learned as after it I just left if vote to kick the low health DD fails after typing to take food/drink.

As you know yesterday was BC I pledge and I finally had opportunity to finish both quest and pledge.
I don't know about others but queue time on my healer is bad as on my Nightblade DD i.e. 15-20 min easily even after I reset it after 10 min.
After some ~20 min I finally entered veteran BC I. Io and behold, both DD had ~11k health! One was CP 200+ and another above cap (750+). First trash fight and both died. I typed about food/drink - no response. I left and got penalty.
After some 30+ min I finally entered again. Other three players loaded faster and were barely alive at first trash. Oh look, new low - fake Sorcerer tank with 17k health (s/he had both tank and DD roles marked), and two low health DDs. I just typed "nice fake tank" and several seconds later I was kicked out. Nice pre-made group.
Logged out and played with Warden as there was no point trying any more.

Is this just my bad luck lately or others are getting those 11k health DDs, too?
I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad luck. Offer food, if they don't take it, vote to kick. If that don't work, leave.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I reckon that those players were bad, otherwise nobody would have complained about them. Maybe they didn't even have food. Yep, some players hit very high CP without learning anytning, but that isn't new by any means. I've been seeing that for almost 3 years, as long as I've played, that didn't use food, buff skills, let alone potions, and did no damage.

Sometimes I amuse myself by running some of the easier normal dungeons without food on, seeing everything die so fast and rarely dying myself. I have "fake tanked" a lot of specific and random normal dungeons just replacing one skill from my bar with inner rage, but with food on, since I wanted it to be over as soon as I could (running those dungeon the 127th time is boring AF). The taunt is there simply because I want the boss to stick to me, and not be kited from AoE by one of those maximum range snipe spammers. But I sometimes "forget" to taunt just to have them chased and rekt :)
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    @Asardes

I see and tolerate almost everything in non-DLC normal dungeons (even fake tank if faker is not bad in DD role). I especially tolerate new players who do things wrong and I try to offer suggestions - sometimes goes well sometimes not.

What I don't understand is high CP players who enter veteran and play like it's overland content / expect somebody to carry them. I guess Skyreach / Dolmen farmers...

This whole bad experience in the last 7-10 days on my healer now cemented my decision to completely stop healing in PUG (I fianlly got monster sets what I need after spending who knows how many keys on chests) and only do if some friend needs me or in guild chat lfg healer.
    Bad luck. Offer food, if they don't take it, vote to kick. If that don't work, leave.
    Yea, I typed I do that. And then you are punished with penalty but that's how it goes :/...
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This kind of nonsense isn't tolerated in the end-game community. Dps are expected to have at least 16k health. People even complain when someone has 15k health.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind of nonsense isn't tolerated in the end-game community. Dps are expected to have at least 16k health. People even complain when someone has 15k health.

You sure about that? :trollface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjvpCKzfjjE
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain. I actually completed vWGT on hard mode with a ~10k tank pug. IDK what is wrong with people.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not about how much health you have. It's about how you use it.
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

agreed that how you use it makes a huge difference (e.g permashielding), but you cannot use health you don't have. As a healer I can't count the number of times a 15K health dd responds "it's ok, I shield" only for me to see them get 1 shot after 1 shot after 1 shot until kick, leave or group disband. Last boss tempest island among many other encounters comes to mind immediately.

There is a reason why bosses are tuned to a certain minimum amount of health+resistance...
    Edited by profundidob16_ESO on May 25, 2018 12:54PM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Omg
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I typed I do that. And then you are punished with penalty but that's how it goes :/...

leave then log on to one of your other toons, they dont get the penalty. if you dont have other toons, get them, there is no real reason not to have more then one character. the game reward you very well for having multiples.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on May 25, 2018 2:14PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea it is just the bad luck for OP. I seriously doubt this is actually rampant.

Offering food may not help since they are not responding anyhow, but worth a try. Not sure what the forum thread will do either unless OP just wants to strike up some conversation about it.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That sounds horrible. Why is it so tough to just use Food that gives health too? You complete all content in the game with it.

Food without Max Health on it is purely for specialized grinding or PvP builds that either don’t need it or make up for it elsewhere.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they are players that have only ever leveled/played doing Alik'r Desert Dolmens. When you have 50 people killing stuff--you don't need a lot of health or skill:)

I have 22 characters and have absolutely used the Dolmens to grind out levels/CP, but I have also completed all the quest lines, soloed world bosses and 4 man Dungeons, and have done vet dungeons with good groups and weak groups. I lean more towards 18K as the min health, but prefer 20K+ for any Vet group content. Healers/Tanks have a hard enough time--they don't need to worry about focusing on a character with only 11K health that can easily be one shotted.

For non-Vet content--no big deal--I think most any group can deal with 11K health:)
    Edited by Willard on June 4, 2018 2:23PM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sorry ... But depending on content I run anywhere between 11.3k and 16.2k health

90% of vet dungeons don't require much over 13k trials or new dlc dungeons I'd be on your side but when making a sweeping statement like you have ... Your the problem ... Not them ... That's not to say your a bad healer, but your expectations are off kilter
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least it shows they have their stats in more useful things. Try getting DPS with 47k health (that actually happened the other day, I’m sure he was just light attacking too). I’m regularly seeing 27k health maybe that’s a console thing. With those numbers their DPS will be terrible.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »
    At least it shows they have their stats in more useful things. Try getting DPS with 47k health (that actually happened the other day, I’m sure he was just light attacking too). I’m regularly seeing 27k health maybe that’s a console thing. With those numbers their DPS will be terrible.

The high health DPS is the rock star build.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388698/rock-star-build-easy-solo-group-gameplay-very-affordable-works-for-all-classes
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/388698/rock-star-build-easy-solo-group-gameplay-very-affordable-works-for-all-classes

Oh dear lord. They do tend to use bows, snipe and run around. I out dps them as tank, doing about 8k lol.

It’s a joke build obviously, but who wrote it deserves a special place in hell. You know some muppets will follow it.
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭

Oh dear lord. They do tend to use bows, snipe and run around. I out dps them as tank, doing about 8k lol.

It’s a joke build obviously, but who wrote it deserves a special place in hell. You know some muppets will follow it.
    :D Check who you quoted and who wrote that :p
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    This is a sort of trend in high end guilds that I never welcomed. I remember doing vMoL HM with a group of top leaderboard players and they didn't use blade cloak, 14k health etc., just to squeeze out every last bit of score to beat the world record. They had to repeat the trial about 50 times until they got it without anyone dying, and I simply quit after a few because that's actually pretty pitiful.

After a certain point, the DPS greed goes too far. I have seen groups of endgamers that wiped on varlariel because they simply didn't do mechanics just because everyone wanted to stay on the boss to get highest deeps...
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA